rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
The Liberal Elite

PES and FIFA to be 360 exclusives

So...we've got around 3-4 weeks of 'This is fucking brilliant!' to look forward to, before the inevitable...'Oooooh...actually, it's still all broken' :ph34r:

If it's anything like WE10, it shouldn't be like that. I've been playing that since April.

The bit you quoted from Games TM didn't mention the right analogue stick. I assumed it was the left stick. The switching-between-feet thing was in WE10 already (and possibly WE8 and 9?), but presumably it's just easier to do on the analogue stick than the d-pad.

Good point. I had in my mind the player shifting to one side of the ball slightly so he could get his body between ball and defender. The quote again "With the ball away from feet, a quick analogue flick through 30 degrees will send players darting left and right of the ball, or quickly shift it between their feet." You're probably right. He's talking about the old drop of the shoulder and two-foot fake. Way to go GamesTM. Those moves have only been around since forever. :ph34r:

Drop Shoulder

Two Foot Fake

If it's anything like WE10, it shouldn't be like that. I've been playing that since April.

Indeed, it's excellent. Played PES5 at a mates last night after 2 months of WE10 and it was like the dark ages of PES. Rubbish, so wooden and scripted in comparison.

I just hope they don't wreck it with PES6.

Had another game with Brazil v Argentina. Quite how it's taken 4 months to get from WE10 to this is a mystery. All they've done is tweak things and not necessarily for the better. Ref's seem to give the odd strange decision. The ball often bobbles around between two players as they kind of bump into each other and even with Brazil there are many misplaced passes. Oh how I look forward to Synchronated's opinion on that! :angry:

It would seem that they've decided to shift a major part of the development team onto the PS3 version, cos if WE10 was PES5.1 then this is PES5.2 at best. Seriously, the online mode better be fucking sweet or Konami can suck it.

Konami can suck it then :angry:

Siread can you 100% confirm it is ProEvo6? rather than a french patched WE10.

Konami can suck it then :angry:

Siread can you 100% confirm it is ProEvo6? rather than a french patched WE10.

Yeah, it has PES6 all over the menu's, new intro and a slight different feel to the gameplay. I remember when a new WE/PES version used to feel alien and everyone hated it for the first 2 weeks. Seems like the game is hardly moving forward at all these days.

Had another game with Brazil v Argentina. Quite how it's taken 4 months to get from WE10 to this is a mystery. All they've done is tweak things and not necessarily for the better. Ref's seem to give the odd strange decision. The ball often bobbles around between two players as they kind of bump into each other and even with Brazil there are many misplaced passes. Oh how I look forward to Synchronated's opinion on that! :angry:

It would seem that they've decided to shift a major part of the development team onto the PS3 version, cos if WE10 was PES5.1 then this is PES5.2 at best. Seriously, the online mode better be fucking sweet or Konami can suck it.

Hopefully the PS3 version will be good then. Next gen, even. :(

PES6 is for all the PES5 heads though. Not for us Winning Eleven: Whatever The Weather. It looks like the majority of what they did is fiddling with player stats and new faces. Some of the new faces are very good though.

So PES6 is actually PES5 on the 360?

It would make sense, as they need to port it across in a year or under. It will take them AGES. So a straight PES5 port makes more sense than a PES6 game.

What makes you say so? There is now way they do that, Konami does not give a fuck about proper development of their series any more.

What makes you say so? There is now way they do that, Konami does not give a fuck about proper development of their series any more.

Just a guess really, seeing as though WE10 was basically a fixed PES5 and PES6 isn't much further on than that.

I should point out that I'm enjoying the game, especially the dribbling, and am looking forward to some proper multiplayer tomorrow which is where it should really shine.

Ok, new move... kinda.

O button now plays much lower lob passes.

R2 + O button floats them nice and high. :angry:

The more i play it the more the subtleties become apparent. The ball seems a bit looser which is why it bobbles around a lot at player's feet. Players tend to obstruct each other a lot more which causes some comedy moments. The keepers are more athletic. The main change for me is the use of R1+R2 or combinations of running speeds to flick the ball out from your feet and get past a defender. Once you get alongside a defender it's easier to keep the ball and barge past him than before. Loving the 2 methods of lob passing. You can float some beautiful chipped passes and bend crosses in with it. The low lob pass is very useful too if you want to drill the ball to a teammate. :unsure:

The more i play it the more the subtleties become apparent. The ball seems a bit looser which is why it bobbles around a lot at player's feet. Players tend to obstruct each other a lot more which causes some comedy moments. The keepers are more athletic. The main change for me is the use of R1+R2 or combinations of running speeds to flick the ball out from your feet and get past a defender. Once you get alongside a defender it's easier to keep the ball and barge past him than before. Loving the 2 methods of lob passing. You can float some beautiful chipped passes and bend crosses in with it. The low lob pass is very useful too if you want to drill the ball to a teammate. :unsure:

More stuff like this please.

Once you get alongside a defender it's easier to keep the ball and barge past him than before.

Bad things.

In the last few games the attacker has had a ridiculous advantage in side-by-side challenges to the extent where the defender can have blatantly won the ball but is still not allowed to touch it, the attacker being given preference for no reason other than the game still thinks he is dribbling the ball.

Meh. I don't have a PS2 and I won't buy the 360 one so what do I care :unsure:

Are the keepers a little happier to stay nearer the goal-line than their kamikaze WE10 equivalents? The number of times they've charged out and left a gaping net when the attacker changes direction slightly...

Are they less susceptible to letting shots spill into the net at the near post?

And is the computer still stupidly accomplished at those dinked through-balls? The ones that drop just between your defence and keeper?

Keepers seem better although they tend to drop the ball quite often and then pounce on it again which is realistic i suppose. I haven't seen a goal spilled in at the near post but i don't recall it being a problem in WE10.

Getting some multiplay in today and my opinion of the game is getting better all the time. There's something about it that doesn't feel quite right, but the potential for some seriously good dribbling more than makes up for it.

Right, I've been giving this a bit of play today.

I don't think the pace of the game is slower than WE10, or at least, not significantly different that I noticed it. What is different is the amount of time you get on the ball. I know this has been a bugbear of quite a lot of WE/PES players (including mine), with super-human AI that will chase you down from the first minute to the last. Not anymore. Now it seems, I'm allowed quite a bit of time on the ball. The opposition doesn't seem to defend as deeply either, which is nice. It means you're actually allowed to put together quite a lot of good passing moves together that would have been impossible previously. Unfortunately, if you play like I play, this basically renders the opposition useless. I don't know if it's because I've played WE10 too often or trying to suss out how to pass and score effectively in the (comparitively unresponsive) FIFA 360 demo, but I was scoring for fun. Admittedly I was using Chelsea, but I played a couple of games, Chelsea vs Barcelona, which ended 4-2 (me scoring 4 in the last 20 minutes) and Chelsea vs Arsenal, which was 4-0. Rather FIFA-esque scorelines, (ironic, since I can't fucking score goals in the new FIFAs) which would have never happened in WE10.

On the other hand I was playing in the 5-star equivalent (now called 'Professional'), so maybe 6 star will be more challenging? I guess you take out the cheating AI and this is what you get? I don't know whether to be happy or sad. I'm hoping I just was really on my game tonight, and that's why the scores were so high.

I need to get some games in with some other not-so-awesome teams (I like Ajax, because they can pass and sprint like motherfuckers, but they can't finish for toffee) and see what the overall game is like. I think they made a lot of the Chelsea players better because of the World Cup? I remember Ballack was rubbish in WE10 and he's amazing now.

As for little things, the game is smooth like a baby's bum. Like WE10 polished to a nice sheen. Just little bits of new connecting animations here and there which make me go "Ooh, smooooth!" Heading is immense, like proper KAPOW! It's nice. I also noticed you don't have to mash the button 10 times to get the keeper to throw the ball out now. Just twice at most. Almost there, Konami.

I'm going to play it some more. Shame I don't live with my PES-made flatmates anymore, because that's where the real fun happens.

I also noticed that, having played patched WE games for so long, that I don't miss the lack of licenses. Funny, I thought it would hurt.

not being funny but i find fifa scoring occurring in we10, much easier than pes5 due to the huge responsiveness of control.

not being funny but i find fifa scoring occurring in we10, much easier than pes5 due to the huge responsiveness of control.

Even in 6 star? I found it a fucking struggle.

Do we know if anything at all is different in the 360 version? I mean in addition to the strip-downs and graphics.

If the demo is anything to go by, it plays worse. Feels looser, less responsive.

Edit: You mean PES, don't you? In which case....I've no idea!

...so no Edit mode means that you can't change players/teams/get updates for it??

Oh...unless OF COURSE they CHARGE you for updates perhaps. Thus no "Fan downloads" available? :)

EA will be giving everyone free updates via Live in January apparently, hopefully Konami will be doing the same.

Just how stripped down is the 360 edit mode? Can I still change team/player names?

Don't think anyone knows yet. Hopefully.

Interesting thing playing the PS2 PES6 that the faces don't look the same as the ones that are in the 360 screenshots. They made them all again from scratch? Strange.

I'm hoping I just was really on my game tonight, and that's why the scores were so high.

I think maybe I was, none of my games today have been so high.

The more I play it, the less difference I can tell between WE10 and this. I think it's basically the goalkeepers are slightly better, headers are stronger, turning is slower, and they removed that awesome 90 degree quick-turn that was in WE10. Shame, I really liked that (although it was really easy to abuse).

So a big meh from me. I want my widescreen.

Agreed; It seems:

- Take the WE10 engine.

- Slow it down a tad.

- Replace WE10 shooting with PES5 shooting, change it a little.

- Make headers easier to score from.

- Stop goalies making so many clangers.

= PES6

They have reached a new low with the front end.

Can anyone tell me what is SMF in French?

All these comments are from the PS2 version yeah? No-one has played the 360 one yet have they?

I wish this would hurry the fuck up and come out. I'm thinking about getting a big bag of smack and spending the week in a brothel to speed things up a tad.

Had some excellent multiplayer games yesterday and today. My sparring partner thinks it's much better than WE10 although i just think it's a tad different, not necessarily much better. We did score an awful lot of goals today, which is unusual when we have hang-overs.

Here's a couple of interesting ones...

http://download.newstargames.com/pes6/HenryVolley-Si.wmv

http://download.newstargames.com/pes6/Robb...lFlick-Nash.wmv

;)

That Robben goal is outrageous! I take it the dummy is a fake shot followed by a slight stumble when bumping off the keeper. Is the back-heel just a normal shot when you're facing the wrong way?