rllmuk
acidbearboy

We Want Your Soul

I strongly suggest anyone interested get Stevie Wonder's last album, 'A Time To Love' where the original of that tune is from. It's not exactly golden era stuff, but it is really very good anyway, and probably going for a song too.

Thanks K.

I thought I ought to upload something, so here is a track from the recent Dimitri from Paris compilation called "Cocktail Disco" that I featured on my radio broadcast on Sunday evening. Unfortunately I don't know much about it. Ray Martinez was a producer it seems, this was the only track on Discogs with his name as the artist, from 1980. What I do know though is that it's an epic, sexy slice of jazzy disco cool featuring a huuuuuge sax solo.

Ray Martinez - Lady of the Night

This song is pure pure dynamite. I can't put my finger on why though. It's just magnificent.

This thread is the perfect place to steer me out of the Slough of Despond that is my post-Prince comedown. But loads of the links are as dead as Rick James. I don't suppose anyone's been collecting them as we went along and wants to upload a big Jive Bunny Mega Mix of them somewhere? Anyone?

A rather nice little track I found on a poorly mixed compilation LP from 1981 entitled "Don't Stop" (if anybody has the featured K.I.D. track of the same name please share). It's just a rip from the vinyl with a fade out but it was too good not to share. Very little info or other releases on Discogs for Cecil Parker, anybody know him?

Cecil Parker - What It Is

This thread is the perfect place to steer me out of the Slough of Despond that is my post-Prince comedown. But loads of the links are as dead as Rick James. I don't suppose anyone's been collecting them as we went along and wants to upload a big Jive Bunny Mega Mix of them somewhere? Anyone?

Graham,

I've been filling a folder (called We Want Your Soul) in my music collection for the past few months, I'm not sure how big it is but I'd be happy to upload it somewhere or even burn it and send it to you if it's too big... PM me.

My 'Soulmuk' folder currently stands at 2.93 gigs... :( ... :(

I will stick the Charles Earland up later abb, along with a couple of others. I'm going to re-rip them as MP3s first though.