IGNORED

Cover songs that are just wrong

Talvalin

Only laughter will suffice. It's hilariously awful.

Oh my holy fuck. I only came into this thread to post a bad cover, but having seen that I'm off to dose myself liberally with paraquat instead. No other option makes sense anymore.

It's not... really serious, is it?

• 1 month later...

There's a woman on TV called Renee Fleming and she did Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah and for a world famous opera singer she absolutely fucking murdered it. She wasn't singing it in her regular voice, she was trying to sing it like a 'normal' singer. Opera singers spend alot of time training their voices and it fucks their voices up for singing in other styles.

Charlotte Church made millions from singing opera. If you ever hear her trying to sing pop or R&B live she's terrible. I've heard her go out of tune loads.

Edit: just rewound it and listened to it again and it was the original version, she still murdered it.

The tarry arete of crusted shit that is Moby, here covering New Dawn Fades

So wishy washy it makes vomit come out

That truly is monstrous.

"And our love goes owwwwwn." When someone gets something this raw and uncompromising so tonally, contextually wrong on every fundamental level, and then decides to casually add that line at the end just to fuck it even harder up the arse, it's really difficult to imagine they're not deliberately taking the piss. He's just biro'd a cartoon cock on the Mona Lisa and declared it a tribute to Leonardo da Vinci.

• 1 month later...
Fugees - Killing Me Softly

The first words are something like: "Ah, yeah, yo, ah, ah, yeah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ONE TIME (one time) ONE TIME (one time), ah, yeah"

Die.

I know this post is three years old, but anyway ... while I agree about Wyclef's vocal contributions, loopy lala Lauryn's voice makes up for it and overall I think it's a great cover.

Hate to be all 'sperging out in this here thread, but this is in fact the original:

[yt]IR1JQOBRrUY[/yt]

Oh shit, I stand corrected, I thought Shuggie covered the Brothers Johnson. The Shuggie version is better anyway so its all good :coffee:

• 2 weeks later...

Normally I'd agree with you, but Carter USM did a surprisingly good cover of "The Impossible Dream" which, surprise surprise, was released as a single.

It didn't make Christmas No. 1.

Carter USM did some absolutely fantastic covers - the pet shop boy's "Rent", the smiths "panic" & The Inspirals "This is how it feels" spring to mind straight away.

.....at 53 seconds reminds me of moshing upstairs at the venue in New Cross, many, many years ago.

The tarry arete of crusted shit that is Moby, here covering New Dawn Fades

So wishy washy it makes vomit come out

Agreed that doesn't sound too good, but check out the version of it he did on the soundtrack to Heat:

1000 times better. Still not as good as the original though.