IGNORED

Robocop 2

fragglerock

Is there a recording of ITV's censored version of Robocop doing the rounds on the net? I watched it at the time, tragically didn't record it and haven't seen it since, dying inside a little each time ITV shows the normal cut of the film.

It feels like everyone watched that classic TV moment, even those who weren't around at the time.

I might still have the ITV version on VHS somewhere.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

PS: No shit, if you do have it I'd certainly be interested in a copy or buying it off you outright. Providing of course it is the fully ridiculusly dubbed version :)

I'd buy that for a dollar.

PS: No shit, if you do have it I'd certainly be interested in a copy or buying it off you outright. Providing of course it is the fully ridiculusly dubbed version :)

I'll have a look around for it. If I find it consider it yours FOC.

I say good business is where you find it.

Robocop quotes eh? Always a winner.

I still to this day find it amazing that its become the most quotable movie of all time for a generation of adults. I mean, when I was 14 me and my mates used to quote lines from it thinking we were the only people ever to do it - turns out that absolutely every 28 - 38 year old does it.

WHY? I mean, the dialogue is surely no different from any other film of the era (sure - there's a few funny remarks here and there) yet people always quote the most inane lines...

"Yes! Now that's how you do it in the big leagues Johnson.....you see an opening, you go for it!"

It's my personal favourite, but I can't for the life of me figure out why that line stuck in my head or what it was about it in the first place that made me repeat it over and over to laughing drunken friends nearly 20 years later.

"I had to kill Bob Morton because he made a mistake...."

I say good business is where you find it.

Robocop quotes eh? Always a winner.

I still to this day find it amazing that its become the most quotable movie of all time for a generation of adults. I mean, when I was 14 me and my mates used to quote lines from it thinking we were the only people ever to do it - turns out that absolutely every 28 - 38 year old does it.

WHY? I mean, the dialogue is surely no different from any other film of the era (sure - there's a few funny remarks here and there) yet people always quote the most inane lines...

It probably helps that the three main characters have such great voices. My mate remarked how nostalgic he felt watching the latest series of 24 and hearing the Robo-voice. Kurtwood Smith and Ronny Cox really sneer their lines as well. As someone said, two of the best baddies of the 80s, both the same filme!

"Renovation program! Spare parts for 25 years! Who cares if it worked or not!"

The boardroom stuff is the best.

What I find funny is that Robocop, still one of the most violent films I've ever seen, was my introduction to the 18 rating when I was ten years old. Ten! What was my dad thinking!? He probably knew that I'd get bullied at school if I hadn't seen it.