IGNORED

Bat and Ball Games.

Well, i guess it all started with one of the old binatone (or whatever they're called) plug into your telly things.

I'm going to pick up arkanoid on the PSX as i fancy some remove the block action.

There is also a game like this on the psp capcom classics i believe.

Anyone know of any other games like this that are accessible.

More to the point! are any gamers still getting a thrill from this basic concept?

Off the top of my head there's Break 'Em All on the DS, Block Buster (Playstation) Cool Bricks (GBC) & Alleyway for the Gameboy. I've got all three of them, but haven't given them much playage yet so can't really comment on how good they are. They only set me back a couple of quid each though & they were mint fresh.

I used to have alleyway, it was ppretty good.

I had a load on my amiga as well, some really fun ones. I think they were PD games now actually.

Im sure i had one on the Gamegear called devilish which was an interesting mix of bat and ball and shooting game... i think it might have come out on the DS or GBA actually..

You could do a lot worse than digging out a Spectrum emulator and a snapshot of 'Batty'; one of the finest bat and ball games ever.

I must agree with Alan though. Breakout on the 2600 with real paddles is still great fun.

Batty was great, wasn't it free with your sinclair? obviously the ultimate is Arkanoid: revenge of DOH if only for the name!

I never liked Batty. There was rarely enough room between the bat and the start of the bricks, which just pissed me off in the early stages.

Looking back though, it was a very accomplished game, possibly better than my then-favourite Arkanoid (which was gorgeous to look at, had fantastic music, and also had a ball that bounced where it damn well pleased on occasion).

There was this one I played on the ST, which vertically scrolled as you bounced the ball around, adding an extra depth to it. I remember preferring it to Arkanoid 2, which frankly became impossible on later levels, even with infinite lives, but I can't remember what it was called. Addictaball or Impossiball, or something like that.