IGNORED

Car Booty

DJ_Mike

Well, I haven't spotted a thread for this weekend, so I figured I'd kick things off.

I had my best haul all year today, which isn't saying much, but I did come away with some interesting stuff:

MegaDrive and Mega CD combo with 5 MD games and 1 CD game - £17

Star Wars Rebel Assault PC + 2 more MD games - £2

Spyro, Rayman Rush, and PaRappa The Rapper (all near mint) - £2.50 each

A huge pile of old PC games + a couple of DVDs - £20

Discworld II PS1 (mint condition) - £2

and a mint condition original PS1 from one of my mates who was selling at the boot fair :lol: - £3

Will post some pictures later on :lol:

post pix pls :lol:

now the typical rllmuk reply is out of the way:

yesterday:

Resident evil £2

unboxed psone with cables but no pad - £3

Today:

Super Mario bros/duck hunt +zapper gun - £4

Escape from monkey island ps2 £3 (no book)

Resident Evil 3:nemesis + a Xploder psone cheat cd - £1 each

Guitar amp £12 knocked down from £15. Saves me a trip to the music shop

Six switch woody, 2600 Jnr and a boxed Asciiware Playstation arcade stick. £15

Chakan, Steel Talons, Streets Of Rage II, Comix Zone, Quackshot/Castle Of Illusion Disney Collection, and Pacmania for the Master System. £5

SNES with pads and leads plus Super Mario World, Streetfighter II, Mario Kart and Super Empire Strikes Back. £2.50p

That was is really, was a crap day...i'm tempted to go back up there and see if the lad who wanted £40 for his NES has sold it yet!.

:lol:

No Mega CD's for me, but still not a bad trip.

Gameboy game - Go Go Tank plus a couple of spare game cases £2.00

Resident Evil novel - 50p

Two bags full of speccy games £3.00

These are all in great condition, and some good stuff in there too, Lords of midnight (with novella and overlay), Shadowfire, Combat School. total Eclipse, and Salamander. (well nice box rubbish version)

an atari joystick was in there too for some reason.

carrying these around slowed me down for the rest of the boot though.

Non gaming - Xmen essentials GN £1.00

unopened Lego Starwars droid fighter - £1.00

sun burn - free !

booty.jpg

damn my cameras rubbish !

Two bags full of speccy games £3.00

These are all in great condition, and some good stuff in there too, Lords of midnight (with novella and overlay), Shadowfire, Combat School. total Eclipse, and Salamander. (well nice box rubbish version)

Do you play those? Last time I got a load of Spectrum stuff I played some of it, but got bored within a couple of days and sold it on...

Do you play those? Last time I got a load of Spectrum stuff I played some of it, but got bored within a couple of days and sold it on...

Actually when i got them home I started to wonder what to actually do with them !

Some of them like Combat School I had copies of in the past and feel i should own them.

Some have great art/boxes so am happy to add to the collection.

Some like the sports titles will be off to the charity shop.

and possibly i may sell a few on ebay, if i think they would actually go.

I will probably play some on emulation,(i know i could do that anyway!) I cant really see myself sitting down and actually loading them up anytime soon though.

Ive picked up quite a lot of 8bit stuff this year, and will probably need to try and resist any more big collections i see.

Went along to my first car boot today.

Saw a lot of PS1 guff, and one game trader, with average prices like tenner for a good nick boxed megadrive and the megaman PSP game for £15

Came away with a JML pancake maker and digital fortress for a total of £1

Today was a bit rubbish for games but did well with Graphic Novels! Photos :

Image 1

unboxed Atari 2600 (big black version) with 2 joysicks and boxed copies of Pac-man, Missile Command, Robot tank, Seaquest and river raid: £5

Image 2

PS2 Games: Dark Chronicle, Final Fantasy X-2, Harry Potter and Philosophers stone: £3 each. very happy with this lot :angry:

Image 3

Load of graphic novels: £9.50 for all. This is a little dear but I simply couldn't resist :lol: The two Batman ones at the bottom are hardcover and have dustjackets. Also got Batman: wardrums in this lot but it isn't pictured.

All in all I'm happy. :)

A good day for me :angry:

Game wise:

Master system 1 boxed with 3d glasses £5

Boxed pokemon collesseum gamecube plus zelda collectors disc £8 :lol:

Mercenaries and GT4 PS2 £4 for the two

Dualshock £1

and another boxed gamecube £8 :)

Picked up a shedload of stuff to ebay / keep

3 digiboxes plus FTV 1 card £9

Sony Clie PDA £20

Old IBM laptop £3

Celeron 600 PC £5

NAD amplifier £4

Full metal jacket, Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy (BBC series), Ronin SE, Batman animated movie and another DVD i can't remember £8

No pics yet sorry

Boxed psone - fiver

Command and conquer retaliation - quid

Thats all from me, Rain ment not many people selling today. Sure sign the winter is coming!

Beastie, fancy selling your GC? I cant afford big prices but if you got a spare one going cheap, i might take it.

Boxed psone - fiver

Command and conquer retaliation - quid

Thats all from me, Rain ment not many people selling today. Sure sign the winter is coming!

Beastie, fancy selling your GC? I cant afford big prices but if you got a spare one going cheap, i might take it.

Sorry their already earmarked for someone else

My haul today was pretty ace...

Super Mario Bros Game and Watch (Complete) - £2

The Granstream Saga, Mega Man Legends, Resident Evil 1, Point Blank 2 - PS1 - from £1 to £2.25

Final Fantasy VII - PC Big Box - £3.80

Shenmue 2 and Movie Disc - X-Box - £2

Worms Forts Under Seige - PS2 - £1.50

..and a few cds I wanted, on the cheap :angry:

It was scorchio down here! Winter couldn't have seemed further away when we were slopping on the suntan lotion and drinking masses of water when we did a booter in the afternoon.

Managed to sell almost everything we took, as well. Didn't have a lot of gaming stuff but what I did have - a few knocked about PS games and Xbox stuff like XIII and PES4, sold almost immediately...to the trader I thought would snaffle it all if he saw it.

One dodgy moment - a woman and her kid came along...looked at the games and they picked out Harry Potter on the PS2. The kid then, after some effort, gets out 'Will you take £1.50 for Harry Potter?' in the way kids do. I said 'Of course!' and they went away happy. Later on I was wondering around and saw they had a stall! Had a look and ta-da Harry Potter was sat there. The kid was there and clearly didn't recognise me. He said, bold as you like, 'Hello mate, the games are a fiver each or two for eight quid!'

Amazing. The shy and nervous kid haggling for Harry Potter was no more :ph34r:

:ph34r: You was hussled mate. Be even worse if it was philosopher's stone.

:P I know!

Thankfully, it was one of the recent games. I got it for 50p a few weeks before. On closer inspection, though, the thing was scratched to buggery and missing its instruction booklet. It played okay but I didn't fancy selling it on at anything more than a couple of quid.

Unfortunately yes.

Why can't i find a copy cheap :ph34r: I don't want to sell it on ebay, I just want a cheap copy for my collection :P

My mate traded his original FF7 and FF8 pc versions in for about £10 for something shit like serious sam a few years back.

Those two Carnell games (Black Crystal and Crypt) and CRL's War of the Worlds are the pick of the bunch there. Hang on to them.

I remember looking at The Crypt in a shop about 20 years ago and wondering if it was any good, still like the box art.

Are these particularly popular with collectors?

What's the War Of The Worlds game there?

Jeff Waynes Video Game version of War of the Worlds- apparently it supports Currah microspeech,

but Crash gave it a pretty poor review.

Page 1 of review

Page 2 + scores

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to declare that haul as complete and utter rubbish.

The greatness of that stash is unfortunately overshadowed by the addition of Cascade's 50 Game Cassette.

Try harder next time :)

:ph34r: I was planning on spending the weekend loading each and every game on it !

Any way it could have been worse, if I hadnt of taken the precaution of leaving The Great Space Race in the car park ;)

:) I was planning on spending the weekend loading each and every game on it !

Any way it could have been worse, if I hadnt of taken the precaution of leaving The Great Space Race in the car park :ph34r:

I think every bundle of speccy games i've got from boot sales has that bloody 50 game compilation in it!

Sunday was a good day to 'boot'.

Old style Saturn with all leads etc but no games £4

Various Master System, Mega Drive, PS1, Game Boy and Saturn games (about 20 or so in total) nothing more than £2 each and included the following boxed Saturn games for 50p each:- VR Racing, Street Fighter Alpha, X-Men Children of the Atom and Victory Boxing

Some Pick 'n' Mix game pickings from boxes of Spectrum and C64 games

A Commodore +4 with a whole bunch of games £5 - Which fills a hole in my Commodore collection.

Game Boy Colour with an 'Exploder' cheat cart £2

OH MAN

i ranted in a boot sale thread about this guy at my local boot sale picking up all the good retro goodies just before me - well what do you know - looking through my mates GamesTM this month and thats the guy i see at the bootsales!!! nice collection btw. Not nice that you got to the n64 collection before me!!