choddo

Steam

26 minutes ago, Radish said:

This is not strictly a Steam question, but does anyone know where the Windows store keeps Shadow of War saved games? I want to grab it on Steam because the Windows Store version is a pain in the ass (for reasons like this) but it's only worth doing if I can find the saved game folder, which I can't :(

Pcgamingwiki

Might not be possible as I think Windows 10 game files are encrypted.

Haven't got myself anything from Steam in this sale (yet).  But I did get a copy of Assassin's Creed Odyssey for £19.99 from Uplay using the extra 20% off with Uplay points.

I have a game called Nantucket on my wishlist. I quite like the look of it but even when it's reduced I've only ever seen it on sale for over 1000 yen (about ten bucks). I normally don't spend any more than about half that on games. Anyone know if it is any good?

Area 4643

header.jpg

Had the biggest smile on my face playing through this for the last hour. It's fucking ridiculous!

new game from the developer of the excellent Neko Navy.

Feels like a 90s arcade game from an alternate universe where arcade games had mouse and keyboard controls!

Make sure you set the mouse input type to "absolute" in the settings before you start.

Disappointed that beating it didn't unlock any harder difficulties, and the asking price might be a bit too steep for what it is, but man, that was such a blast.

• Upvote 2

I bought that Mummy Demastered game. So far it feels like a stripped down no bullshit Metroid. Everything seems a bit simpler and easier maybe and it’s meant to be pretty short. All of that suits me fine. It’s clearly not as good as Super Metroid or Axiom Verge but it’s perfect if you fancy that sort of thing but don’t have the time for it. I sort of prefer it in some ways, it’s like arcade Metroid or something. Recommended. 

On 21/12/2018 at 14:30, Radish said:

This is not strictly a Steam question, but does anyone know where the Windows store keeps Shadow of War saved games? I want to grab it on Steam because the Windows Store version is a pain in the ass (for reasons like this) but it's only worth doing if I can find the saved game folder, which I can't :(

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Middle-earth:_Shadow_of_War

So, I did pick up Slay the Spire a few days ago, and it’s really fantastic. Highly recommend it if you enjoy deck builders or roguelikes. Totally scratching that old FTL itch at the moment.

What’s great is that it can be played perfectly on a potato - it’s smooth as anything even on my ageing laptop. Fits perfectly for Christmas gaming too, as it can be put down as easily as it can be picked up. Well, aside from that massively addictive lure constantly pulling you back in...

• Upvote 2

Thanks for nothing guys. In the absence of any sort of feedback I had to buy Nantucket. If it is crap I am going to hold every single one of you responsible.

(Don't worry, I won't ever find the time to play it so who will ever know??)

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Sureshot said:

So, I did pick up Slay the Spire a few days ago, and it’s really fantastic. Highly recommend it if you enjoy deck builders or roguelikes. Totally scratching that old FTL itch at the moment.

What’s great is that it can be played perfectly on a potato - it’s smooth as anything even on my ageing laptop. Fits perfectly for Christmas gaming too, as it can be put down as easily as it can be picked up. Well, aside from that massively addictive lure constantly pulling you back in...

Go here. :hat:

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, yashiro said:

Thanks, but unfortunately that link doesn't have the info for the W10 version.

On 21/12/2018 at 22:03, Dimahoo said:

I've tried already but unfortunately it doesn't come up with any results. I really wish Microsoft would hurry up and fix their piece of shit store.

Rogue Fable 3

header.jpg

https://store.steampowered.com/app/956450/Rogue_Fable_III/

Early access, £3.99.

I'm a sucker for anything like this. You can play an earlier build in your browser at itch.io here - https://justin-wang123.itch.io/rogue-fable-iii

made by a bloke called "Justin Wang".

Wang conjures up length and heft like you've just lobbed it out and slapped it on the table like a heavy metal sword wwwANG!

If your surname is wang, don't call your son "just in", he may as well change his name to "Percy Micropenis".

Call him Gurth or something.

On 14/12/2018 at 07:04, witchypoos said:

Ooh, Frantic Dimension is coming to steam. I can remember playing that last year and it was good fun.

You can still download all 7mb of it from here - https://gamejolt.com/games/fddeluxe/309729

Aw, look at how cute his rolling thunder game is! :D - https://store.steampowered.com/app/978800/Rolling_Bird/

Just a reminder that these are out now (for free) on Steam.

• Upvote 1

I've been working on a skate game in my spare time, inspired in equal parts by the old Tony Hawks and the new DOOM

:huh: Wish he'd kept this quiet until it was ready, I was more than happy living my life in ignorance, not knowing that there was a massive Tony Hawks/Doom shaped hole that needed filling.

Doing tricks rewards you with ammo, and the slo-mo meter refills automatically over time

• Upvote 4

So in the Steam News Feed for Bayonetta, a Bayonetta Dev posted a picture of a sheep sticking out its tongue with the caption, "Baa".

Some are speculating that this is a reveal of Catherine being ported to PC.  Given that they teased the port of Vanquish to PC though an update to PC Bayonetta, there is form for this sort of thing.

First Atlus game on PC?  Bodes well for Persona?

Edited

• Upvote 1

trying to find a picture of Akira Yuki in a sheep outfit with tears streaming down face

Catherine would be pretty great on Steam, mind. Still got about 20 quid left from Christmas because Katamari didn't continue the release discount for the winter sale, so I'll just slam it on whatever Sega has lined up.

4 hours ago, davidcotton said:

Just bought Cuphead and Ikaruga for £15.00 in the sale, what the hell :)

I also bought Cuphead in the sale, absolutely adore the style of it, it's bloody lovely but oh my god is it hard! 

2 hours ago, CovisGod said:

I also bought Cuphead in the sale, absolutely adore the style of it, it's bloody lovely but oh my god is it hard! 

Cup head is a beautifully crafted game that I can never throw at my 13yr old self to see if it's actually really MEAN or if I am now rubbish (the latter).