Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

My new PC is built and running steady. I've overclocked it to 4ghtz and played some demanding games (Tomb Raider, Crysis 3 GW2) and everything seems very stable. Idle temp is very low and high load temp doesn't go anywhere near what the old box did. Performance was scads better even before I overclocked it. Basically I suspect my old box just wasn't working at all. It was small and cramped. Very little air flow.

I must admit it was very pleasant to be playing Crysis 3 in high detail. Very good looking game,

Got two codes if anyone wants either of these:

Risen 2, Sacred 2 Gold, Saints Row 2, and Saints Row: The Third Steam Key

Dead Island GOTY and Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (DLC) Steam Key

Just post in this thread which one you want and I'll send you the key.

Dead Island GOTY and Saints Row: The Third - The Full Package (DLC) Steam Key ? Thanks.

Some Steam codes below.

Help yourselves, but if anyone has a spare card hunter beta key i wouldent say no :)

If people let me know what they take i'll remove the games from the post .

Waking Mars 5N2P8-36RDT-3WKG0
Oil Rush 4LPYT4AN5HCKQMGD
Intrusion 2 HNNPK-F8F7R-ATHG5
english country tune LH2XR-TBR8F-PJWE3

Atom Zombie Smasher RB7ZF-8IVWA-9TTBC

• Upvote 5

The tutorial is a fine way to put people off playing the game though, I still stand by that. Top job there by the devs.

I bought the 360 version. Got through the tutorial and then realised I couldn't remember any of it. Gave up shortly after that. Might give the PC version a try

Some Steam codes below.

Help yourselves, but if anyone has a spare card hunter beta key i wouldent say no :)

If people let me know what they take i'll remove the games from the post .

Nightsky 5N2P8-36RDT-3WKG0

Waking Mars 5N2P8-36RDT-3WKG0

Oil Rush 4LPYT4AN5HCKQMGD

Intrusion 2 HNNPK-F8F7R-ATHG5

english country tune LH2XR-TBR8F-PJWE3

Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers M4I4Z-6ABBX-Q34W0

Atom Zombie Smasher RB7ZF-8IVWA-9TTBC

People are mean. Tiny & Big is already gone :( EDIT: So has Nightsky, not gunna try any others.

Anyhoo, thanks for being generous and sharing with the thread Eagle.

Well, I've cracked and finally double-dipped on Dark Souls for a fiver (from Gamersgate). It probably won't even run on my laptop but it's a keeper anyhow. A friend's got my 360 copy which I've barely started so if nothing else, this might encourage me to let him keep it and begin saving for a gaming rig. The size of my Steam library almost forces me to do so anyway.

People are mean. Tiny & Big is already gone :( EDIT: So has Nightsky, not gunna try any others.

Anyhoo, thanks for being generous and sharing with the thread Eagle.

I went looking in my history for a spare for you, but it looks like I've already given it to someone :(

I did find a Titan Quest key though, and that's ace! Want it as a consolation prize?

• Upvote 1

I hate Master Race gaming but I also fucking love Master Race Gaming. So fucking pleased it's sorted now.

I hate the fact that "modern" CPUs will slow down when they're overheating (yeah, I know the feature has been around since the Pentium IV days). I'd much rather they would shut the PC down or maybe just flake out and crash. At least then I'd know there was a problem! As it is my PC could be having heat issues and I might never know. I don't think that's the case, but...

And Sleeping Dogs, man. I've got beef with that game, or specifically, the demo. I start it up and it just sits for 10 minutes plus at the loading screen. But then it loads eventually! Wtf man? A shame I've never actually played it because by the time it's started up its always time to do something else.

Just install something like core temp and not only can you see at all times what your temps are (including recording your highest load temps) - you can set it so that your PC will shutdown at certain temps. Even booting into bios will let you know what your idle temps are (usually if your idle temp is fine- it means your cooling/cpu seating is fine too).

I hate the fact that "modern" CPUs will slow down when they're overheating (yeah, I know the feature has been around since the Pentium IV days). I'd much rather they would shut the PC down or maybe just flake out and crash. At least then I'd know there was a problem! As it is my PC could be having heat issues and I might never know. I don't think that's the case, but...

It may depends on your CPU / Mobo / BIOS, but on my rig I was able to change loads of the power / heat / performance stuff for the CPU, and turn off stuff like underclocking etc.

News just in, turns out I may have been a trifle hasty in dismissing The Witcher 2 first time around, and declaring my hate for it when enquiring about RPGs in here a few months ago.....I granted it another chance and lo, it's fucking ace. The tutorial is a fine way to put people off playing the game though, I still stand by that. Top job there by the devs.

Oh OK.. you've piqued my interest because I played the tutorial and just put the game down. What's changed?

What's the catch with these humble deals. Coming from console gaming it just seems crazy I can pay a small amount for all these games.

I have a theory that Humble Bundles are secretly sponsored by Seagate, Hitachi, and Western Digital.

• Upvote 1

Damn. Thought I would finally have a load of games to give back through this wonderful thread thanks to that Humble Bundle deal as I only wanted Dead Island and I own Metro, Saints Row 3 and both Risens already, but it won't let you gift things you already own. Sorry chaps. :(

I went looking in my history for a spare for you, but it looks like I've already given it to someone :(

I did find a Titan Quest key though, and that's ace! Want it as a consolation prize?

No thanks, doesn't look like my kind of game but appreciate the offer :)

Did anybody buy a 4 pack of Sonic Racing for a tenner? and if so, any copies going (I will pay for one, I'm not looking for a freebie :))

I'd be happy enough to buy the 4 pack, would anyone else be interested in a copy?

I'd be happy enough to buy the 4 pack, would anyone else be interested in a copy?

It's no longer cheap, but Green Man Gaming have a four pack for just over a tenner. I've got it on 360 but thought I'd let you know before you spend more than you need.

Well, as I suspected, Dark Souls won't run at a playable FPS on my laptop. Back on the shelf for now until I get around to building/buying a dedicated gaming rig.

Just turn off speedstep in the bios

f you buy it from GMG use the 20% offer code and it comes to £9

GMG20-4B9NY-L4FEN

count me in :) if you're picking it up.

Just picked it up, PM sent.

Still got two copies left if anyone is interested.

• Upvote 1