Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

What's the general consensus on Remember Me? It's £16 on GMG....

Visually it's really nice but it does have the most linear - hand held platforming I've ever seen. The combo system works well and combat can be fun however it becomes a bit repetitive after a while. The storyline is ace scifi nonsense though and worth a playthrough - just don't expect a challenge or even much gameplay. Personally I'd wait till it's under £10 on a steam sale at Xmas.

If you're desperate to spend money just buy Rogue Legacy - it'll keep you entertained for weeks :)

Paul Robertson is the guy who did the sprite work for the Scott Pilgrim game, and the Kings of Power 4 Billion % and Pirate Baby's Battle Cabana pixel-art animated videos which were massively inspired by side scrolling beat-em ups in the vein of River City Ransom, and the style of Metal Slug. There's no denying the Metal Slug influence on his style, but I'd say the stuff in Mercenary Kings is distinguishable as his own at this point.

I'm quite interested in it anyway. I love Metal Slug X and Metal Slug 3, and wouldn't mind a slightly more sedately paced version of those games with online co-op and loot / gun crafting.

It's as cheap as I've seen it since that pre-order blunder on Steam that allowed everyone to nab it for £7. Again, though, when that happened I haven't paid much attention to the prices afterwards!

So only a couple of weeks ago, I slammed down a pre order for PS4- thinking yeah baby day one! Next gen bitches! Then I thought about what I actually would get day one with the console and in the near future. I'm 100% convinced by the hardware and the value of it (plus I'm a proud vita owner). Games wise though I began thinking...

Killzone/Driveclub/Knack- all look decent (well Knack looks too basic) but not incredibly excited for either, killzone will be nice eye candy and glad you can get a lite version of DC for free though.

Watchdogs- can probably run as well if not better on my PC.

Warframe and Planetside 2- free to play! At PC high settings! Wow amazing.....wait, my PC is an overclocked i5, overclocked 7950 rig, I can already run high settings in those games! In fact I was playing Planetside 2 maxed out yesterday!

Battlefield 4, really looking forward to that! Same story though, I can already run BF3 at Ultra at 60fps/1080p so it can probably take a good shot at 4.

Now, my main issue is that I really don't like kb/m in comparison to pad but I've been giving it a go the last few days, and I used to play CS 1.6 in the old days using a clippa set up and it is kinda coming back to me. So I really was thinking of getting the PS4 in November so I can play all those shooters on a pad without being massively disadvantaged but it is kinda silly to fork out 400 quid or so when I already have capable hardware simply because I'm a bit rubbish on a certain control method right now. I was rubbish on arcade sticks one too, can use them fine now! Yes, that's my belief....

Ditto Destiny and Titanfall (which I won't have to wait for on PS4 then). I think I'll get day 1 versions of those on PC and jump to PS4 as soon as a great console exclusive is out.

Dunno why I'm posting this. Just to say that my PC is already next gen for the purposes of the launch of both the consoles really. Woo

• Upvote 3

So only a couple of weeks ago, I slammed down a pre order for PS4- thinking yeah baby day one! Next gen bitches! Then I thought about what I actually would get day one with the console and in the near future. I'm 100% convinced by the hardware and the value of it (plus I'm a proud vita owner). Games wise though I began thinking...

Killzone/Driveclub/Knack- all look decent (well Knack looks too basic) but not incredibly excited for either, killzone will be nice eye candy and glad you can get a lite version of DC for free though.

Watchdogs- can probably run as well if not better on my PC.

Warframe and Planetside 2- free to play! At PC high settings! Wow amazing.....wait, my PC is an overclocked i5, overclocked 7950 rig, I can already run high settings in those games! In fact I was playing Planetside 2 maxed out yesterday!

Battlefield 4, really looking forward to that! Same story though, I can already run BF3 at Ultra at 60fps/1080p so it can probably take a good shot at 4.

Now, my main issue is that I really don't like kb/m in comparison to pad but I've been giving it a go the last few days, and I used to play CS 1.6 in the old days using a clippa set up and it is kinda coming back to me. So I really was thinking of getting the PS4 in November so I can play all those shooters on a pad without being massively disadvantaged but it is kinda silly to fork out 400 quid or so when I already have capable hardware simply because I'm a bit rubbish on a certain control method right now. I was rubbish on arcade sticks one too, can use them fine now! Yes, that's my belief....

Ditto Destiny and Titanfall (which I won't have to wait for on PS4 then). I think I'll get day 1 versions of those on PC and jump to PS4 as soon as a great console exclusive is out.

Dunno why I'm posting this. Just to say that my PC is already next gen for the purposes of the launch of both the consoles really. Woo

Didn't you hear? PC gaming is dead. We are not getting the latest engine in FIFA 2014: we changed a few stats edition.
  • Upvote 3

For me that's been the real issue with all of the "next gen" news that's come out. E3, which is supposed to showcase the best gaming has to offer consisted of trailers of games that already look the same or in some cases worse than what even moderately priced PCs (~£500) have been capable of for about 3 years.

I said it in the xbox thread and I'll say it again. My next gen experience will be getting new Xbox pad for my PC and buying games for £30 on Steam instead of £60 in shops like a mug.

Maybe I'll feel differently about console gaming if I ever live somewhere with a living room again but right now I'm more interested in getting an Oyua than either of the next gen consoles.

• Upvote 1

You know, I was getting annoyed at the Steam sale not coming along as soon as I'd liked, but then Rogue Legacy happened, and now I don't care if it didn't come at all!

Didn't you hear? PC gaming is dead. We are not getting the latest engine in FIFA 2014: we changed a few stats edition.

But have you seen Titanfall?

On my £50 AMD processor.

I actually mean my X4 640, not the Jaguar processor. HO HO HO

I'm looking forward to getting the PS4 (I'm genuinely excited to be able to bring my Warframe account to the console and hopefully Remote Play that shit on Vita, because it's a sweet game), but I don't think I'll be jumping in precisely at launch. Amusingly, because of Playstation Plus already giving me all the games, and then Steam selling me all the games for a tuppence even before sales.

I, Therefore, have all the games. Checkmate, atheists.

I haven't even noted the free shit that's being updated over the course of their lifespan. Phantasy Star Online 2, Path of Exile, Tribes: Ascend. That's without getting into the MOBA hivemind, either.

I want Project C.A.R.S or Assetto Corsa out, like, NOW though. And Wasteland 2. And Shadowrun. And Rise of the Triad.

Max Payne 3 chaps. Looking to get this on Steam but I read 'Rockstar Social Club' and had flashbacks of the shitfest that was GTA 4. What's the verdict and why the hell is it 35GB! - that seems insane to me.

You still need to login do you not to actually get to the main game menu ? I don't recall ever being able to skip it. (unless I just missed the option for it)

Anyway MP3 is awesome on PC, definitely pick it up if you're interested.

Thank god. I only want to play single player. 35GB though... man... how big was Rage? 20gb?

Think I'm going to have to make the jump again to an SSD - first time round I had an OCZ 2 and it died a horrible death. Hoping things have improved ten fold since then as I loved the speed but the constant freezing was too much.

You need to sign up for rockstar social club to get past the main menu. Actually, you need to sign up to it to get to the main menu. When I switched from pc to laptop it knackered up my max Payne and social club stuff and I had a nightmare trying to sort it, including having to send rockstsr screenshots of my steam folder, the CD key etc to prove I'd bought it. I got fed up in the end and just gave up, so I have the game but can't actually play it at all on either machine. Absolute fiasco.

• Upvote 1