Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

Quick question: Are there joypad only servers for PC FPS's for online multiplayer? If so, Is it a gentlemans agreement that everyone is using joypads or its there a way of making sure no one is cheating with mouse and k/b?

No, they are quickly laughed at and hunted with merciless zeal.

Can I make monies trading the pre-order crap I got with DX3 and Fallout?

About a month ago I put all the TF2 tat I accumulated over the years on the Steam marketplace by looking up the prices and pricing my own items a few cents less. Made nearly 40 euros and I bought a new game with it :D

Couldn't find a thread for it but just completed Gunpoint and what a great little platform/puzzler that turned out to be!... Definitely recommend people pick it up if it appears in the sale.

There is also a nice little touch when you complete the game

You get to create your own little blog via multiple choice questions, which results in this:

http://www.pentadact.com/category/conwaysblog/?K=8&U=21&C0=1&E1=2&C1=5&E2=2&C2=5&C3=1&C4=3&C5=1

..my god just realised Ive actually completed something I've purchased on Steam!!.. I need a lie down :o

My steam account got hijacked, first i knew about it was from a password reset email with it saying you need to put this code in so worry not if its not you. However a bit later i got a congratulations your email details are changed and i couldnt log in.. How on earth did that happen? I'm happy my email account hasnt been accessed but ive reset the password anyway.

Have to say steam support was good and now have the account back, cheeky fucker had downloaded all my HL and HL2 based games as when i log in now it tells you what was played yesterday! I feel used and abused, i dont even have a pc anymore or anything installed on the macs in the house via steam but a bit concerned how it got hijacked so easily - i admit the password was probably useless but in all honesty i cant remeber what is was - hve gone to 1password generated one now.

Is this a thing with steam at the moment, was there a leak of accounts recently?

If you have Steam Guard enabled on your account, it's virtually impossible for someone else to get access to it unless they also have access to your email account, because all new devices requesting authentication require a one-time password which is sent to your email address. Gabe famously tested this when the system was announced by telling everyone his Steam password.

So, make sure you have Steam Guard turned on! Go to Steam > Settings > Manage Steam Guard Account Security. You may also want to tick the box to de-auth all other devices.

If it was on, then you have a problem, because it means that someone else has access to your email account. You don't use your email password for anything else, do you?

Right, just caved in to Rogue Legacy, looks amazing and it's one of those things I know I'm going to enjoy! :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/241600/?snr=1_4_4__100_17

Please, please let me know how this is. The Youtube basically asked me if I wanted a Rogue-alike Symphony of the Night.

The only possible answer is 'YES, OH GOD, HERE'S MY VEINS JUST PUMP IT RIGHT IN FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU'. So yeah, it would be nice if it isn't shit.

Amazon.co.uk have started doing digital games, it's a complete mess at the moment though. I can't actually buy any digital games as they require a UK address, that's with my UK account, I set up a separate one for the US site, also shows £3.99 postage.

I assume it's still in the process of being set up and it is a beta. Will be interesting to see how this compares to the US site, as the competitiveness of that seems largely down to the guy Tony who runs it. So if there's no similar figure or it's not linked to the US version in any way, it might just be another expensive place to buy games.

Please, please let me know how this is. The Youtube basically asked me if I wanted a Rogue-alike Symphony of the Night.

The only possible answer is 'YES, OH GOD, HERE'S MY VEINS JUST PUMP IT RIGHT IN FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU'. So yeah, it would be nice if it isn't shit.

I'm totally going to get this game too. Also, this might interest you

e3c31fb77e805540e026b6431488acdc_large.p

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/discordgames/chasm

SotN crossed with Spelunky, it's really, really good.

I've put 5 hours into since last night, really polished, lots of secrets and so far I haven't even beaten the first boss and I'm still loving it. Couldn't recommend it more!

Defender's Quest is a bit of light way fun isn't it? An odd combination of FF Tactics games and Tower Defense (unfortunately it's kept the grinds of tactics)

Quite liking the characters in the cutscenes though. There's some quicky ones :D

Greenlight wants to remind us it's not dead yet with some new release. Some interest in a few of those, so good to see they'll get a release at some point.

The software titles:

Actual Multiple Monitors

FL Studio

Leadwerks 3: Steam Edition

The games:

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller

Day One : Garry's Incident

Guncraft

Homesick

In Verbis Virtus

Super Motherload

Vector

Verdun

So, as it turns out, Rogue Legacy is pretty great! I sure hope this next run isn't too horrib-

i6udxBS.jpg

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE THIS IS THE FIRST ROOM.

On the bright side, it turns out that Cellar Door Games also created the finest flash game known to mankid, and made it pride of place in the game using the bonus rooms that appear (Therefore, spoilers):

vu7KDLE.jpg

That's right, kids, they made Kongregate's Don't Shit Your Pants.

I'm instantly glad that I gave them a tenner, to be brutally honest.