rllmuk
choddo

Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

Yeah, and when you build it really gently, like you were deflowering the prom queen, and then you go and flick the switch and are met with a beep and flashing red LED's, don't shit yourself, like *ahem* I did, just make sure you push the RAM right in son.

Just like in real life...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Go for it Smitty, nice specs there as well. If you're a bit uncertain or unsure watch some videos on youtube like for example the Tested video in how to put a PC together for the first time.

The thing that used to terrify me building PCs was the fact that you have to apply quite a lot of pressure to things to slot them into the motherboard. It always felt like I was going OTT and something was going to snap at any second.

Yeah brand new ram + mobo is always the fun one - you feel as if you're about to snap the board in half sometimes - the crunching noises don't help either. It's the satisfying *click* when they seat fully and you feel able to breathe again :)

Go for it Smitty, nice specs there as well. If you're a bit uncertain or unsure watch some videos on youtube like for example the Tested video in how to put a PC together for the first time.

He has my vid card in that clip.

A friend of mine opened a Steam conversation thus, earlier:

So that put me off sufficiently.

But did he mean its a shitty port, or a bad game? Cause i tried the xbla demo and thought it looked good, the combats a bit shit, but the bleak road-esque setting was cool. I was gonna pick it up anyway.

For anyone who wants the new X-Com GMG have it up already for preorder before Steam who I assume will put it up for preorder later.

Along with that and the 25% discount code GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G you can get it for just under £23, it's a Steamworks game too.

http://www.greenmang...-enemy-unknown/

• Upvote 1

Yeah, it looks so damn good. Definitely my most anticipated game after watching the PAX live stream. Multiplayer looked spot on too, reminded me a lot of Necromunda. They have to add mod support, there's so many possibilities.

Regarding the GMG deal, does anyone know if it'll include the special Steam pre-order bonus? Not the elite soldier pack, this is supposed to be something extra but they haven't revealed what yet.

• Upvote 1

Mod support is already confirmed :) The PC version will have both the 360 and PC specific UIs so you can basically play with what you fancy the most. I was actually surprised at how decent the console UI looked as generally they look terrible for games like this. They did a decent job with Civilisation Revolution UI wise so I'm not too surprised though.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/16/xcom-enemy-unknown-will-support-mods-and-have-a-standalone-pc-tactical-ui/

There's also been speculation that the extra bonus is the 'Guile' spikey hair for Team Fortress 2. Not confirmed in the slightest and I'm guessing just wishful thinking for some TF2 players :D

I'm doing a partial out-of-case build tonight and my opitical drive won't go into the case. I also can't identify the right 'supplemental' motherboard powersupply cable.

Help me in my ATF thread if you can. Thanks.

There's also been speculation that the extra bonus is the 'Guile' spikey hair for Team Fortress 2. Not confirmed in the slightest and I'm guessing just wishful thinking for some TF2 players :D

It's confirmed. Guile hair for a bunch of classes, Sectoid mask for the Pyro, X-Com medal accessory for all classes.

Mod support is already confirmed :)

Sadly the devs said on the PAX stream that it won't be in at launch and while was something they really wanted to add in the future they weren't promising anything.

You can be safe in the knowledge that those manly, PC building hands have never been soiled by the touch of a lady.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

well fuck

Started to smell something burning.... the pump on my GFX cards failed and shit got a bit hot. I am now rocking a 9600GT until I decide what to get.

(looking at a pair of 670's or 7950's right now)

Picked up the Crysis pack as I've had the first one on my wishlist for ages. Early impressions (I played about 30 mins of each) the first isn't as graphically impressive or intensive as I'd imagined. The second is pretty good so far though and seems well optimised which is a nice change; at the very least it runs at full whack on my year old £450 home build.

I remain sorely tempted by Trine 2, largely due to it looking gorgeous, but have to keep stopping myself when I remember I don't like 2D style platform type games.

It's no simple pre-purchase for X-com, three tiers of rewards that unlock as more people buy it. First tier is some in game customization packs, second is the TF2 items and then third is a copy of Civ V.

It's no simple pre-purchase for X-com, three tiers of rewards that unlock as more people buy it. First tier is some in game customization packs, second is the TF2 items and then third is a copy of Civ V.

Fuck their tiers of rewards. We've gone from per-ordering a game, to getting a small bonus if we per-order, to having content sliced up and distributed across a myriad of retailers. NOW you can pre-order, but the benefits depend on enough other people pre-purchasing too.

Sod 'em, I'm waiting for the Christmas sale.

Got a couple of Gigabyte Windforce 7950's tipping up tomorrow. Team red gogogo.

They also come with a free copy of Sleeping Dogs, I might have a little compo for the second copy.....

You can be safe in the knowledge that those manly, PC building hands have never been soiled by the touch of a lady.

Will's happily married, Jeff has a missus of some description (poor lass) and Norm is an asexual Chinese man terrified of women as far as I can tell.

That I could get a pair of 3gb VRAM high end cards for under £500 was the decider. The extra memory is useful for me as I run 2560x1600 res.

Even at a lower res, it's a good way of future-proofing your rig. Congrats on your purchase, it must feel good :D