Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

Similar to the Summer event, a “Steam Game Festival: Autumn Edition” begins this evening. These are usually worth a look if there’s a demo of something you’ve been following, or if certain games have slipped under your radar. (E.g: during the summer event I tried things like Ynglet, Haven and Fights in Tight Spaces... :) )

The Steam Game Festival is an event that shines a spotlight on games set to be released within the next six months. From October 7th - 13th, check out upcoming releases, try them out with time-limited demos or short playable experiences, connect with the developers behind the games, and add games to your wishlist for a reminder when they release!

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/group/4/view/2722942525864254966

I bought persona 4 in the sega sale last night (had no idea they were involved, but OK).

Logged in this morning to resume the download and was surprised to find I had bought the mega drive version!

1814848505_1-persona4.JPG.d1f1c8038043a22f82cd9c751300d288.JPG

So I looked through my library. It seems that for the sale they're putting everything in a classic sega box.

Seemingly at random.

1831738299_2-binarydomain.JPG.95e98a1b123239dd5969d57e3744a85a.JPG937421594_3-endless.JPG.f3971f567ad5cb8e33079f1b51af63ec.JPG

And, in the case of games that originally came out on sega systems...

4-JSR.JPG.b86ebb9697919a7260bf671ade46ecee.JPG646449468_5-nights.JPG.288b19145fbf21ffeddceab28cea5a0a.JPG

uhm Sega go home you're drunk

393240935_6-genesisonthesaturn.JPG.4f061a34ca241b05d2d9aaaed38b8f1a.JPG

24 minutes ago, chris on the moon said:

had no idea they were involved, but OK

Sega pretty much own what was Atlus - this happened around 2013, so it would have been a little while after Golden’s release on Vita. :) But they basically get to say that it’s a Sega property now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey handsome,

I'm thinking about getting my brother a game for his birthday. I've put a list of his games he's spent over a hundred hours with below, can anyone give any suggestions? I've previously got him war for the overworld and prey (the good one) which he liked.

Sid Meier's Civilization V
Europa Universalis IV
Sid Meier's Civilization VI
Total War: WARHAMMER II
Fallout: New Vegas
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Football Manager 2013
Fallout 4
Total War: EMPIRE - Definitive Edition
Football Manager 2020
Total War: WARHAMMER
Total War: SHOGUN 2
BioShock Infinite
War for the Overworld
FTL: Faster Than Light
Total War: NAPOLEON - Definitive Edition
Sunless Sea
Portal 2
Company of Heroes - Legacy Edition
Worms Reloaded
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada
Mass Effect
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
No Man's Sky
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Age of Empires II (2013)

On 31/10/2020 at 09:03, simms said:

I’m hoping Valve provide official support for the PlayStation 5 dual sense controller in the controller configuration screen within the Steam client.  That controller looks sexy.

On 14/11/2020 at 20:02, simms said:

PS5 Dualsense support added to the Steam client beta, however trackpad, gyro and rumble not supported yet 

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/announcements/detail/2912101955046945213

EDIT:  looks like the Xbox series x controller is already supported.

Added additional support for the PS5 DualSense controller including LED, trackpad, rumble, and gyro functionality.

Added a directional swipe mode for use with trackpads and gyro

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SteamClientBeta/announcements/detail/2896339990496271925

:wub::wub::wub:

39 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Put on Black Mesa...that’s even better as far as I’m concerned!

I looked at it but I already had the original plus the 2 addons so I wanted to play them all looking the same if that makes sense. The closest I have come to playing an FPS in the last 5-7 years would be something like Skyrim, not surprised I'm absolutely rubbish at the them! :lol:

The atmosphere is superb and for a 20 year old games it doesn't look all that bad, sure the textures are low res etc but it never detracts from the game.

I just finished Half Life.

What a game! absolutely superb and playing it now you can see how much of an influence it had on the games that followed.

I'm 99% sure I have never finished it before despite having a copy for over 20 years but I'm glad I decided to play it through, even 20 years on it is still one of the best games I have played. I remember the first time I played it, I must have been about 19 and my older brother had just bought a house so I moved in with him as a lodger. I remember buying my very first PC, from Tiny if anyone remembers them, and playing Half Life. 

6 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2012) is £1.79 for the base game which is a fucking BARGAIN. Plus there's lots of other stuff, but that stood out for some reason.

Good shout, although it's also in EA Play which is about to be added to PC Game Pass. Just in case you really want to save £1.79. :D

I'm picking up Prey: Mooncrash and Doom 64 for a fiver, and I'm hovering over the Doom Eternal Deluxe Edition for £24.74. My only hesitation is that it's destined for Game Pass at some point, but the Deluxe Edition in the sale is cheaper than the Year One pass on its own.:unsure: