rllmuk
choddo

Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

1 hour ago, Adrock said:

Any good? It has been on my wishlist for a good while.

It's good!... It's pretty brutal, even when playing on easy mode :blush: (the game actually recommends it for the first time), but at the same time it's very compelling. The narration and the visual design make it a really atmospheric experience, and battles are tactical without being overwhelming (each character has a handful of possible actions, so a lot of the preparation comes from selecting the right people to join your party before going anywhere.) There's a bunch of "meter management" - reducing stress, healing HP, replenishing torchlight - but because of the fixed inventory size and need to buy stuff, you're making decisions over what you'll need in your inventory and what you can afford to ignore. One thing I do like is that cleared quests can be revisited, so if I find my next objective offputting I can replay something I'm familiar with and (hopefully) get out with a net gain of loot.

So yeah, the only caveat is the difficulty, but for the price (until 27th March) I think I can enjoy it as something to jump in and out of... :) 

On 22/03/2020 at 17:15, Straps said:

Anyone know of any light, fun co-op games on Steam that'll run on a low-spec laptop? Not shooty or fighty stuff.

It's kinda fighty but Double Dragon neon is fun and should run fine :) Loads of fun :D Arcade side scrolling beatem up :D

On 11/03/2020 at 19:01, strawdonkey said:

HELLO I HAVE THINGS DO YOU WANT THINGS

Last reminder for now. Still a shit ton of keys going spare. 

• Upvote 1

I have some steam keys sitting unused and unloved. PM if you want anything from the below.

7 Days to Die
Beholder
Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition
Eterium
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Interplanetary: Enhanced Edition
Jalopy
Magicka 2
Mini Metro
No Time to Explain
Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You
Overcooked
Party Hard
Punch Club
Regions of Ruin
Savage Lands
Sniper Elite 3
Super Hexagon
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
The Long Dark
The Stanley Parable

• Upvote 8

Thanks to Strawdonkey for the couple of keys. I have a spare key for Battle Chasers:Nightwar if anyone would like it, already own it on Switch.

• Upvote 1

On 22/03/2020 at 17:15, Straps said:

Anyone know of any light, fun co-op games on Steam that'll run on a low-spec laptop? Not shooty or fighty stuff.

ibb & obb - puzzle co-op stuff

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - print the manual

Chariot - never played this one

Overcooked -

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime -

Hi everyone, I'm on the beg now.

Does anyone have a spare key they'd be willing to donate for Small World 2? Looking for one for a friend so we can play together.

There are also a bunch of leftover keys from my Humble Bundle purchases a page or two back, nobody has taken LiEat yet which is a bit of a travesty.

• Upvote 1

In a similar vein to @Straps request above, does anyone know any multiplayer minigame compilations that can be played online?

I love 8Bit Fiesta, but it's local only, so something like that would be ideal. 

Also, what's the current Micro Machines clone du jour?

Probably a tough question to ask but I'm looking for cheap (so skint) game recommendations.

Looking to spend at tops £10ish, but I am looking for something to try to hold my interest while all this craziness is going on.

I would prefer single player as I don't have many friends.

I'm not sure if you can view my games via my name in my sig or not but the things I like are FF Tactics kind of games, Deck Building games that said I am willing to try anything so long as it keeps me entertained and busy. 

1 hour ago, Arn Ironjaw said:

Probably a tough question to ask but I'm looking for cheap (so skint) game recommendations.

Looking to spend at tops £10ish, but I am looking for something to try to hold my interest while all this craziness is going on.

I would prefer single player as I don't have many friends.

I'm not sure if you can view my games via my name in my sig or not but the things I like are FF Tactics kind of games, Deck Building games that said I am willing to try anything so long as it keeps me entertained and busy. 

Will have a look at my bundle dupes and sling you a couple of codes later when I'm at the computer, dude. Might be a bit lucky dip but happy to help a fellow forumite out :)

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, earlymodernsteve said:

Will have a look at my bundle dupes and sling you a couple of codes later when I'm at the computer, dude. Might be a bit lucky dip but happy to help a fellow forumite out :)

Thank you :)

Ì got a new graphics card. Does anyone have any recommendations for a graphical tour de force? Something adventurey (Ì already have witcher 3) or shooty? Preferably that's in the sale or maybe on the game pass thing?

Started alien isolation last night but looks like my old gpu could cope fairly well with that on ultra already.

13 minutes ago, chris on the moon said:

Ì got a new graphics card. Does anyone have any recommendations for a graphical tour de force? Something adventurey (Ì already have witcher 3) or shooty? Preferably that's in the sale or maybe on the game pass thing?

Started alien isolation last night but looks like my old gpu could cope fairly well with that on ultra already.

Metro Exodus, RDR2 or Control

3 hours ago, Dark Soldier said:

Metro Exodus, RDR2 or Control

3 hours ago, chris on the moon said:

As Dark Soldier says, Control is a monster! On the cheap side of RTX there's Quake II, or you could splash out on the latest Call of Duty

You can get Game Pass (if you haven't already) and play Wolfenstein Youngblood, which has RTX too. Both Gears 5 and Gears Tactics scale well, so look pretty stunning on full settings. 

So yeah, get Game Pass going and try out those last three for 'free', and/or get Control and CoD to really push the RTX side of the setup :)

Thanks for the suggestions! It is just a GTX 1660 6gb though, so the rtx features might be a bit limited. I'm strictly playing at 1080p though so things should still look pretty snazzy :)

Free to a good home... 

Screenshot_20200510-201920_1589138579206.thumb.jpg.a0ba64a96a24d2dc7a8565e696c98bfe.jpg

Gone: 

Mortal Kombat Kollection

• Upvote 4

Is it possible to buy a game you already have as a gift for someone else?  I want to get Rise of the Tomb Raider  but I don't seem to be able to purchase for a friend. This is from the website 

318572450_Annotation2020-05-22183834.thumb.png.673d6789c977134a69b1072904bd0328.png

6 hours ago, crocked said:

Is it possible to buy a game you already have as a gift for someone else?  I want to get Rise of the Tomb Raider  but I don't seem to be able to purchase for a friend. This is from the website 

Yes, add it to the cart, then when you go to the cart there will be an option to buy it as a gift.

• Upvote 1

Problem is I can't add it to the cart as it only gives me the option to complete my collection for any options I can add to basket. In the section where it says buy as a gift for a friend I can only download a demo as you can see in the screenshot. I checked on Fallout new Vegas and there it looks fine as you say (i.e. I could purchase it for a friend) so it must be specific to Shadow of Tomb Raider perhaps because it wants me to buy the full collection. In any case I gave a gift card now which solves the problem. Thanks for the help.

Anyone manage to get launching GTAV from Epic Games Store over Steam Link working with controllers? Edge case as all fuck, but I can launch a Control from a Epic Games Store fine via a shortcut and the controller works.