Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

Ran through Layers of Fear last night, lights out, wearing headphones with the volume cranked.   To say I almost **** myself on at least a dozen occasions is an understatement,   I love horror/sinister games, and Steam is such a good platform for that genre.

Alan Wake is discounted by 90% at the moment (€3.69 for everything). Apparently some music licenses are expiring soon so it's getting pulled from steam/gog after this weekend. That price + FOMO = bought. 

17 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Alan Wake is discounted by 90% at the moment (€3.69 for everything). Apparently some music licenses are expiring soon so it's getting pulled from steam/gog after this weekend. That price + FOMO = bought. 

can we still DL it if ive already bought it ? (which i havE)

52 minutes ago, buizel said:

can we still DL it if ive already bought it ? (which i havE)

From my understanding, you can still DL once it's in your library even after it has been removed from sale. I found a thread about it here: https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/7/618463446156358467/

There are some exceptions (involving games that required dedicated servers) but these seem to be rare cases.

You would have to wonder about a time limit - will I be able to download Alan Wake in 5 years? You know how piles of shame work, it can take a while to get around to everything.

1 hour ago, Kingpin said:

From my understanding, you can still DL once it's in your library even after it has been removed from sale. I found a thread about it here: https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/7/618463446156358467/

There are some exceptions (involving games that required dedicated servers) but these seem to be rare cases.

You would have to wonder about a time limit - will I be able to download Alan Wake in 5 years? You know how piles of shame work, it can take a while to get around to everything.

Aha, i dont spend money on countless games. I have about 150, AW is one of my faves (:

I do have lots from humble bundle that i aint played

Also brilliant - the new Humble Bundle. Best in years imo, actually wanted nearly all the games and the one I didn't looked interesting. Also get a surprise extra game as a steam gift. Went for the top tier, wanted Owlboy since it came out.

Valve really needs to make changelogs mandatory whenever anybody pushes updates out. Tired of games silently updating and having to dig around the forum to find what changed.

I'm tempted to ask for it but I spent four hours on the Crusader Kings II tutorial (lol) and it felt a bit too involved and bewildering for me. It did seem like it'd be great if you had hundreds of hours to spare though. I assume Stellaris is pretty much the same?