rllmuk
choddo

Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

How fucking addictive is Stardew Valley? If it had come out on the SNES it would rightly be considered a classic. How do i find out what gifts people want? Are gifts the only way to make friends?

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Mentazm said:

How fucking addictive is Stardew Valley? If it had come out on the SNES it would rightly be considered a classic. How do i find out what gifts people want? Are gifts the only way to make friends?

You can only really find out what they like by checking the wiki. You can also increase friendship points by:

talking to villagers (+10 if the villager is in the middle of a special animation, like exercising or using a camera, otherwise +20; can only score once per day);

completing a delivery quest for them (+150);

making certain choices in their heart events.

You can lose friendship points by:

not talking to a villager (-2/day);

giving them a gift they dislike

hitting them with the slingshot;

rummaging through a trash can when they're nearby (-25, except Linus who doesn't mind).

• Upvote 1

Stardew Valley is amazing but some stuff really should've been baked into the journal rather than making it so the only sane option is to check a wiki. Like, if you give someone a gift their reaction to it should be recorded so trial and error is more viable. Or if they request something specifically it's 'uncovered' in the journal or in a tooltip on the friendship tab. I guess you could manually write them all down but you don't know that that's your only other option when you first start playing if you go in blind like I did.

I played the first year without looking at the wiki and it was pretty much a year wasted as far as levelling up friendships went. I also made plenty of daft mistakes but that's to be expected really.

• Upvote 2

I'm not in. That video's horrible. It reminds me of all those awful sound clips on custom DoDS servers where you'd have to sit and wait for half an hour for it to load in all the superfluous crap Americans had added. Also, I remember now how much I dislike the player animations in it.  That's right.

Tldr, still not Red Orchestra.

17 hours ago, Nathan Wind said:

I'm not in. That video's horrible. It reminds me of all those awful sound clips on custom DoDS servers where you'd have to sit and wait for half an hour for it to load in all the superfluous crap Americans had added. Also, I remember now how much I dislike the player animations in it.  That's right.

Tldr, still not Red Orchestra.

It's just a joke mod which you can only install client side. Even the mod creator admits in his description that you'll probably uninstall it after 5 matches. :P

I've been enjoying the game a lot so far. It's so epic and intense when you work together with your squad mates and lay down suppressive fire as they push. You can genuinely make a difference by flanking and outsmarting the enemy which is something I sorely missed from Bf1 (where enemies respawn in seconds). 

So apparently there's this thing called Serious Sam Fusion 2017.

What does it do?

Serious Sam Fusion 2017 will enable a lot of cool new features, like a common workshop and cross-game mods. All of the games can be started from one application, so you can jump between playing The First Encounter level to a Serious Sam 3 level and back without exiting the game. When listing game servers, servers playing TFE, TSE, SS3 – will all appear in the same list and you can vote map across games if you want. Oh, and VR games will be able to be played in multiplayer together with their flat counterparts! 

Since there are so many changes and exciting new features, we'll just go ahead a list them here as bullet points.

• Cool new features in Serious Sam Fusion 2017
  • All games now support SteamOS/Linux/OSX!
  • Split-screen!
  • 64bit executables
  • Support for Vulkan API (DirectX9 is now being removed) 
  • Multithreaded rendering
  • The new "light-weight" savegame system - savegames are now saved much faster, are very small and stored in the Steam cloud, and savegames still work even if a level is changed in a patch, or if a mod is updated
  • Full support for all controllers including Steam controller, PS4 gamepads, all older DInput joysticks 
  • Proper multimonitor support 
  • Borderless window support 
  • Customizable sound outputs 
  • Proper 3D audio using a proprietary sound-mixer (the same approach as used in the old Classic games) 
  • Improved physics engine with better handling of character movement 
  • Texture streaming in all games 
  • Much better modding support with customizable weapons and items, improved scripting (including better support for scripting networked games) 
  • Lots of other improvements, optimizations and fixes

Which, from what I gather, basically means you can play any ol' Serious Sam game in co-op. And considering pretty much everyone in this thread probably owns this we should definitely give this a go soon. :D

And I think they pretty much checked every box on Steam imaginable lol.

E6XufW9.png

• Upvote 1

Just now, clippa said:

I saw that the other day while sniffing around @mr_woo's steam profile, looking to see if he was playing any games I'd be interested in.

Serious sam 4's gotta be coming soon, do you think? Everything's pointing to it.

I really hope so.  They've been busy with the VR stuff for Serious Sam and they've always been working on consolidating the games under one roof with Serious Sam Fusion 2017 so I'm hoping 4 makes an appearance soon.  They're definitely working on it, just a case of when :) 

Picked up the new humble bundle for Renowned Explorers and Hard West. Got a spare copy of Gods Will Be Watching going, PM if interested.

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, VN1X said:

So apparently there's this thing called Serious Sam Fusion 2017.

Which, from what I gather, basically means you can play any ol' Serious Sam game in co-op. And considering pretty much everyone in this thread probably owns this we should definitely give this a go soon. :D

And I think they pretty much checked every box on Steam imaginable lol.

E6XufW9.png

I recall spontaneously hosting a 16-player co-op session on here once. 16 people all bombing through the First Encounter story mode. It was nuts.

hFYAPKl.jpg

Who's up for some? We've got a bit of a gang together in retro. View the thread there for setup and server address. It's a doddle, and the game is as fun as ever (and looks great in modern day resolution). I'm hoping this can become a weekly thing each Wednesday for a couple of hours (8 - 10?), like a gentlemen's Q3A evening.

https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/299101-quake-3-arena-unreal-tournament/

@humdrum has been nice enough to set us up a VM to begin with. We'll look at moving to a dedicated server if there's a need for it later.

• Upvote 4

Dunno if everyone is aware in here of Discord, but it's quite popular now, lot of us already on it, but it's of most use to us PC gamers.

The rllmuk channel has just had voice activated on it so I was thinking we could get some steam thread sessions on the go - rocket league, overwatch, i know some are playing pubg. There's been some chat of Diablo 3, currently in season 10, and a new class - Necromancer launching soon could be a jumping in point.

I'm also keen on playing Don't Starve Together, any one else?

Found my way back in. It seems I blocked NEG last time and he's posting on there again so I'm just seeing shitloads of "x blocked messages" throughout. Marvellous.

(Posted in GOG thread, but since it relates to Steam games, I figured I'd post it here as well.)

Alright!  So the entire Saints Row collection is available on GOG Connect if you own any of the games on Steam.

BmutZxr.png

The cool thing is, even if you don't own every DLC in Saints Row 3 or 4, they give you all the DLC if you at least own the base game on Steam.  I only had a few DLC for Saints 4 and they gave me all of it in GOG.

Also, Saints Row 2 is entirely free, whether you own it on Steam or not.

Pretty awesome of them to give us the remaining DLC in these titles as a little reward for obtaining them on GOG.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Hah joke's on you GoG! I've already completely rinsed those games.

Steam <3

Get them anyway then.. DRM-free installers make excellent backups.

• Upvote 1

On 2/27/2017 at 20:53, VN1X said:

Through which I discovered this cool looking game, published by your good friends from Devolver Digital.

header.jpg?t=1488211219

On the wishlist it goes!

So I've finally gotten around to starting this and it's incredible. Everyone should go and buy it right now.

If you don't want to part with money go and grab the demo at least.

• Upvote 2

Yup, coop and single player (with or without AI team mates).

Plays very well, shooting is accurate and basically a mix of Alien Breed and Helldivers (if you haven't played the original)- but now comes along with a large helping of unlockables.

Only put a couple of hours in but Ill be trying it out as a lunchtime game next week, free too! 

*Edit

Oh and play it on a harder difficulty than the default setting- you will get your ass kicked from time to time but its worth it and can be quite tense... some of the mechanics are cool such as welding doors shut to cover your back.

Considering I've just bought that humble bundle all of my multiplayer-top-down-shooter-time will go to Helldivers. Sorry friends.

I'm having a lot of fun with Hacknet at the moment. It's been stuck in my unplayed pile since the last Christmas sale.

• Upvote 1