rllmuk
choddo

Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

Yeah my work wi-fi does not let me use steam either. No clue why really, they don't seem to block anything else.

• Upvote 1

would anyone like Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen? I have it in my bundle keys and I'm not realistically ever gonna get to it, though I hear good things. I'll dig out some more later too I think.

gone to alistarr

• Upvote 6

I would love it, purely on the grounds that Curtis loves it and a man who loves dark souls that much couldn't possibly be wrong....

3 hours ago, alistarr said:

I would love it, purely on the grounds that Curtis loves it and a man who loves dark souls that much couldn't possibly be wrong....

It's not hard to love the best game ever.

Haha, I spent it already, but that's actually exactly what I spent it on! Looks very good. I cleared out my inventory, though, and now have something like £4.69 in there. Half tempted by Killer is Dead on sale, and half tempted by One Finger Death Punch, but I'll probably just waste it entirely and buy Verdict Guilty which looks like one of the most broken fighting games I ever saw. It doesn't even have pushback on blocked moves!

Other recommendations welcome, of course.

18 minutes ago, clippa said:

Streets of Rogue is having a free weekend if you want to try it out. Had good fun during the beta - http://store.steampowered.com/app/512900/

Too many bloody games coming out, I'm swamped. I'm usually champing at the bit for something new and interesting but lately I've had to put off buying things I'd usually pick up straight away. I'm trying to juggle zelda, ghost blade hd, danmaku unlimited 3 and unexplored all at once.

I've been sticking stuff in my wishlist for the inevitable future drought, it'll make steam sales interesting again if I manage to hold out that long :D

Just come on to mention this funnily enough, is anyone playing ? Is it any good ? I'm looking for a game that has progression as opposed to permadeath, got about 10 games like that I've been playing now

Just had an hour on Streets Of Rogue. Love it, absolutely brilliant !

Check it out while it's free people !

Got codes for:

Darkness II

Duke Nukem Forever

Freedom Force

Freedom Force vs 3rd Reich

PM if you want 'em.

• Upvote 9

This is the umpteenth time my eyes have widened when I read "Freedom Force" but then it hit and I realised it's not actually Freedom Fighters. Gah! :(

This looks reet gud. Ghosts n Goblins like. Just launched, 4 very early build specials left at $15. Nearly half funded in a few hours.

• Upvote 2

That really does look ace ! Anybody recommend a platformer that's similar and out now ? In need of a good platformer to get stuck into 

38 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

That really does look ace ! Anybody recommend a platformer that's similar and out now ? In need of a good platformer to get stuck into 

Cave Story

Spelunky

edit:

Ori and the Blind Forest

Super Meat Boy

Electronc Super Joy

Super House of Dead Ninjas

Giana Sisters

La Mulana

Rogue Legacy

All a bit different, and as mentioned Maldita Castilla is pretty much as much G'n'G as it gets.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, dirk_beefhammer said:

There's Maldita Castilla, one of the best freeware platformers available and very  similar to Ghouls n Goblins as well. There's also a paid version of the game on Steam that expands on the freeware version.

Yep, I'd second that recommendation.

• Upvote 1

On 21/12/2015 at 16:39, Mr. Gerbik said:

And I totally trusted them, bought two very expensive shitty games because of their shenanigans. Especially the Turok 2 review was very suspect, not only did they claim it was somehow a vast improvement over the original, didn't they also publish their review months before the games was even out using unfinished code or something? Never forget! I want my money back, edge!

You can buy Turok 2 again now! :P 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

You can buy Turok 2 again now! :P 

Holy shit where the hell did you drag that old post up from :lol:

I still say that the edge Turok 2 review is suspect as fuck :P

Yup got the 25% offer code in my inventory. Which means I can get the game for like 11eu! But I'm not in the country from *tomorrow till' next week so I will buy it after.

*I'm already showing signs of Zelda withdrawal.

1 hour ago, Gizamaluke said:

I was tempted by the Vita original months ago but never found the time to try it (I bet the handheld game's pretty cheap now too :P )

Meanwhile, Nier: Automata just got released: http://store.steampowered.com/app/524220/

@clippa Ok if I split out your posts into new threads? So many hidden gems in this thread that should have their own threads.