rllmuk
choddo

Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

14 hours ago, clippa said:

That desync game that vn1x mentioned is out now - http://store.steampowered.com/app/390030

Yup and I am getting my ass handed to me. This is probably the hardest shooter I've played in years! Maybe the hardest videogame I've played since the NES era? 

I'll record a vid later of me playing sucking at it. 

5 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Apologies for the bombardment of noob questions over the last couple of weeks folks but anybody used this site ?

https://www.g2a.com/?adid=ogolne_HTML&id=51&gclid=COrhqe_ltNICFWYq0wodMcwMwg

stumbled across it and quite like the idea of a random Steam code for 79p etc.....

I've bought a few games from there, never had them revoked from Steam, but I hear you're basically funding terrorism that way. 

7 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Apologies for the bombardment of noob questions over the last couple of weeks folks but anybody used this site ?

https://www.g2a.com/?adid=ogolne_HTML&id=51&gclid=COrhqe_ltNICFWYq0wodMcwMwg

stumbled across it and quite like the idea of a random Steam code for 79p etc.....

If you want a copy of Bad Rats that desperately, just hang on 'til the Steam Secret Santa or something.

Yeah, G2A has a reputation for being a grey market place where people generally steal keys from indie developers, either through credit card fraud or by pretending to be reviewers or streamers and then they just list them there.

G2A offers a protection thing where you are "protected" from any dodgy keys that might get taken away or whatever. This comes with a free trial but I believe you need to put your CC details in and then they make it incredibly difficult to cancel the trial. Only allowing you to cancel in the last couple of days of the month being one of the ways.

Not sure how much of it is the shady stolen keys, but be careful when buying anything there.

• Upvote 1

The best bit of their AMA was when a user pointed out to them that they were talking bullshit about ensuring that only verified keys and transactions appeared on the site, and their site had a gaping exploit.

G2A told the user they were wrong.

The user then pointed it out to G2A with detailed screenshots documenting the process.

G2A still insisted the user was wrong, then tracked down their account on the site and banned them.

In short: Avoid G2A.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, spork said:

G2A offers a protection thing where you are "protected" from any dodgy keys that might get taken away or whatever. This comes with a free trial but I believe you need to put your CC details in and then they make it incredibly difficult to cancel the trial. Only allowing you to cancel in the last couple of days of the month being one of the ways.

Not sure how much of it is the shady stolen keys, but be careful when buying anything there.

And the very fact a retailer offers you a subscription service to protect against the exact same retailer ripping you off tells you all you need to know.

If you want 'random' cheap keys then stick to the bundle sites. Humble is the highest profile but Bundlestars is often very good. Indiegala and Groupees have dropped in quality but that may be because I often already have many of the games in their bundles. They're all legit sites though. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, VN1X said:

Yup and I am getting my ass handed to me. This is probably the hardest shooter I've played in years! Maybe the hardest videogame I've played since the NES era? 

I'll record a vid later of me playing sucking at it. 

Here's me failing miserably.

I have now unlocked the Aberration versions of a few levels which are sort of remixed version and introduce modifiers (speed, no dash, slowmo, 1-hit kills, etc). Loving the akimbo weapon challenges so far.

• Upvote 1

You may not have had a problem but you might as well pirate a game as buy it from there.

I've just downloaded Enter The Gungeon, using my Xbox One Controller plugged into my laptop. Playing through the Tutorial and when I get to having to use the blanks it asks me to press both sticks in, however this does nothing....I'm stuck.....Anybody know what I'm doing wrong or how to skip the tutorial ?

cheers

Weird, I just checked my button bindings and Blank is set to nothing (well, "blank", HILARIOUS) for some reason, weird.  It's "Q" on the keyboard, or you could assign it to something on the controller.  You'll want to find a way of being able to use blanks, anyway.

Something's up with it, I managed to bind using blanks to LB and RB together, the next bit asks you to teleport but my right stick won't work, so I'm aiming in one direction and can't move to the teleport thing atall. 

Not having fun with this !

You skip the tutorial by just walking straight into the main dungeon. The tutorial is completely optional.

All sorted now and loving it ! Something about the way the controller was configured, I changed it to the most community recommended and everything's working fine :) cracking game too

Excellent, thanks @clippa

I must admit the last few weeks since starting to play games on my PC I really have re-kindled my love for gaming. Before Christmas I'd only ever played Football Manager on PC, now I have a whole catalogue of absolute beauts on Steam to play through, Stardew, Binding Of Isaac, Gungeon, Starbound, all fantastic little gems that I'd have otherwise missed out on.

Apologies but this isn't a Steam key but this thread will have to do! It's basically free closed BETA for Gwent. That's the card game from Witcher 3 being spun out into it's own thing, you will need a GOG account to be able to download it though:

www.playgwent.com/redeem/ANY234C28E7A0F57E2

Please post if you use it!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, clippa said:

Got a brand new console with a shiny new zelda and I've spent the morning playing this :lol:

If you want somebody to look after that Zelda machine whilst you're busy I can pm you my details...

Got a copy of Future Unfolding to review so am looking forward to exploring that later. Didn't like running on my laptop though :( Big PC it is.

• Upvote 1

On 2/27/2017 at 20:53, VN1X said:

Through which I discovered this cool looking game, published by your good friends from Devolver Digital.

header.jpg?t=1488211219

On the wishlist it goes!

On 2/27/2017 at 21:22, Blu3Flame said:

That looks great, and cheap too.

On 2/27/2017 at 21:30, U-1 said:

@VN1X The House Abandon is great and has been free to play for a while now.. 

https://jonnocode.itch.io/the-house-abandon

Creates such a brilliant atmosphere. Simple but highly effective.

I just want to say thanks to VN1X for bringing this to my attention, and urge everyone to buy it. 

I wouldn't bother playing the free version of The House Abandon first as you'll only have to redo it when you buy Stories Untold. It's had a few tweaks but is mostly the same. 

The whole game comes together beautifully. Try to go in cold if at all possible. I knew almost nothing about it before playing and that's for the best. 

It's really very clever. Unfortunately it's very difficult to describe why it's great without spoilers. I think I can get away with saying this without giving too much away: 

Spoiler

As you approach the end you realise it hasn't quite been what you thought it was. 

And more specifically: 

Spoiler

It starts out feeling like Stranger Things and ends up more like Black Mirror.

It's just brilliant. Go and buy it. 

• Upvote 1

I have £1.33 in my steam wallet. Any suggestions on dirt cheap games?

The last game I bought was Space Moth on clippa's recommendation, and...I haven't played it yet.

• Upvote 2

@VN1X Did you not start a new thread for stories untold? I've searched but can't find it?

1 hour ago, gospvg said:

@VN1X Did you not start a new thread for stories untold? I've searched but can't find it?

I have not good sir. 

I was about to buy it along with 4 other games to fill the empty void in my life but then Zelda happened and now I don't need to play anything else ever again. I bid you farewell! o7

"Currently Offline Last Online 4 days ago"

Folks can one of you buy my next game please ? I have a £10 Steam voucher burning a hole in my pocket and I don't know what to spend it on....Games I currently have are -

Stardew Valley

Starbound

Terraria

Binding Of Isaac

Enter The Gungeon

Lets say a max of £15, and I quite fancy something possibly a bit adventurey, something I can save progress and go back to, not like Enter The Gungeon or Isaac where you have to start again every time you die....Maybe something a bit point and clicky ? Used to love the Broken Swords....I also like management type games, stuff like Rollercoaster Tycoon, Theme Hospital, that sort of thing.

Any reccomendations would be most welcomed :)

50 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Folks can one of you buy my next game please ? I have a £10 Steam voucher burning a hole in my pocket and I don't know what to spend it on....Games I currently have are -

Stardew Valley

Starbound

Terraria

Binding Of Isaac

Enter The Gungeon

Lets say a max of £15, and I quite fancy something possibly a bit adventurey, something I can save progress and go back to, not like Enter The Gungeon or Isaac where you have to start again every time you die....Maybe something a bit point and clicky ? Used to love the Broken Swords....I also like management type games, stuff like Rollercoaster Tycoon, Theme Hospital, that sort of thing.

I've got a spare copy of Volume you can have, as well as some Pinball FX2 table packs if you want those to kickstart your collection.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

Stardew Valley

Starbound

Terraria

Binding Of Isaac

Enter The Gungeon

Cities Skylines is probably about a tenner now if you like Sim City type things. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Blu3Flame said:

I've got a spare copy of Volume you can have, as well as some Pinball FX2 table packs if you want those to kickstart your collection.

Oh wow ! That would be amazing ! Thanks ever so much mate !!