rllmuk
choddo

Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

Flame in the Flood is 50% off just now. Incredibly atmospheric and addictive survival game where you are rafting down an overflowing river with your dug. Criminally little played imo.

• Upvote 1

I have a steam code for Dawn of War II Retribution - Ultramarines DLC if anyone wants it, I don't have the base game so not much use to me. PM me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Nah, Super Mario Sunshine has two states on either trigger,  none of which has any kind of analogue functionality. I.e. you're either standing still and spraying or running around and spraying. How deep you press the analogue trigger determines which action is performed, but it doesn't increase the amount or force of water or anything like that. You can simply map the two respective functions of each trigger on the GameCube controller to L1 and L2, and R1 and R2 :)

You need analogue for the hovering.

18 minutes ago, deKay said:

You need analogue for the hovering.

I played through the entire game last summer on Dolphin without analogue functionality. Maybe I was always on max hover, but it didn't hold me back in any way.

40 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I played through the entire game last summer on Dolphin without analogue functionality. Maybe I was always on max hover, but it didn't hold me back in any way.

Yeah, but I'm playing it properly.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Yea, well I bet I got more stars than you :P

You got zero stars.

2 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Still more stars than you mr. Negative stars!

I got all 120 *shines*. If you'd played it correctly, you'd know the difference.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, deKay said:

I got all 120 *shines*. If you'd played it correctly, you'd know the difference.

Ah, guess I have to say: well played :)

I have a key for Volume going spare if anyone would like that.

Edit: And one for this whatever it is: Dawn of War II Retribution - Ultramarines DLC 

• Upvote 2

The sale & free DLC has persuaded me to get Company of Heroes 2. That and the fact that 100% of my friends list (both of them) have played it. Now I know why PC types were talking about piles of shame.

I find it hard to believe that anyone who would want The Stanley Parable hasn't already got The Stanley Parable, but if you want The Stanley Parable, PM me because I have a spare code for The Stanley Parable. The Stanley Parable.

Oh, and VVVVVV. The same thing but with VVVVVV. VVVVVV.

• Upvote 6

My spare Steam keys here. PM if you want them, trades appreciated but not necessary:

• Upvote 3

The new game from Klei (Don't Starve, Mark of the Ninja, etc) looks so good that I want to buy it right now but I can't as it's not for sale yet. :(

Looks like it'll be dangerously addictive. Loving the animations and soundtrack as well. Please let me buy it soon Klei? Please?

Part 2Part 3

Yes yes I know, Etalyx has a very distinctive voice... "sounds like a cartoon character". Fascinating stuff. 

• Upvote 1

Hmm - a genre I have little to no interest in, but on the other hand, Klei, man!

In other 'upcoming game from indie developers with pedigree' news, this from the Rogue Legacy lot looks pretty tasty:

• Upvote 2

Just now, Wiper said:

Hmm - a genre I have little to no interest in, but on the other hand, Klei, man!

Yeah usually I don't really bother with these types of games either but I'm really liking what I'm seeing here and as you said; it's Klei!

7 hours ago, VN1X said:

Klei are also making a full game out of the surf & kreedz modes from Counter-Strike. Despite it's name it doesn't look too hot though, hurhur. Seems a bit too simple in terms of actual movement mechanics. Not strafe jumping or whatever. 

Stranger things have happened, but it could just be a really bad trailer? I mean, who would remove strafing in a first person game?

I like the concept, but it seems a bit like mirror's edge without the style, speed or grandeur of scaling roof tops and great heights. ME had its flaws, but the setting went a long way.

This seems a bit too 'hoppy', even if you're supposedly in the zone like the trailer should indicate, but it might actually be a lot more fun than it looks. I like the conecpt though, and I find myself looking for more combat-less pure-movement games.  I got that Pizza girl thing in a bundle and I'm actually surprised at how much I enjoyed it, despite how simple it was.

9 hours ago, VN1X said:

The new game from Klei (Don't Starve, Mark of the Ninja, etc) looks so good that I want to buy it right now but I can't as it's not for sale yet. :(

Looks like it'll be dangerously addictive. Loving the animations and soundtrack as well. Please let me buy it soon Klei? Please?

Part 2Part 3

Yes yes I know, Etalyx has a very distinctive voice... "sounds like a cartoon character". Fascinating stuff. 

You can actually buy and play it right now. http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/74071-oxygen-not-included-pre-release-alpha-available-now/

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cowfields said:

Stranger things have happened, but it could just be a really bad trailer? I mean, who would remove strafing in a first person game?

Didn't want to spam the thread up but I was going by this gameplay footage. It looks very straight forward, sadly. Might still be a fun little game though.

I feel like I'm dreaming, I've been obsessively checking the Oxygen Not Included Steam page and Klei forums every few days since that hour long video they did months ago, mentioning Early Access in maybe November?  There was no Early Access in November. :quote: And they've literally said nothing at all about it since then, no more videos, no forum posts, no press releases, and now here it is! :D  Bought.

• Upvote 2

Oxygen Not Included looks good, though I'm working (hah) so can't really fully learn about it right now. Like a kind of 2d settlers? I'd be up for that! 

@VN1X yeah that looks really stale. I don't know if I'm wrong drawing the Mirror's Edge comparison, but effectively it is a kind of parkour game, avoid falling, stay moving kinda thing. Just the movement doesn't feel very fluid. I need to buy ME2 actually...

It feels weird to criticise because actually the movement does seem kinda like the "lava" game you'd play as a kid, but with the agility I had as a kid. Awkward, clumsy, not very athletic :P

Klei are rapidly becoming my favourite developers :wub:

They really get it when it comes to gameplay and non-shit decisions. Buying Oxygen Not Included tonight- yummy.

• Upvote 1