rllmuk
choddo

Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

2 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

DOOM £13

Ooh, that sounds tempti-

EDIT: How the fuck is DOOM 70 GB?

-nope. Christ, that's unforgiveable. When your linear first-person shooter is bigger than The Witcher 3 plus Blood and Wine, you're doing something very wrong.

9 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

EDIT: How the fuck is DOOM 70 GB?

Well there's some torrent websites that have it at 27gb from what I just checked.  You could buy it, and download the installer from one of those, uncompress it and save yourself tons of bandwidth.  Then insert and verify the files in steam.  Of course, it'll still be around 70gb installed.  And if you do this sort of thing, you might wanna get a VPN.

7 minutes ago, Mentazm said:

Tempted by that Witcher GOTY, got it on GoG when it first came out free with my 970. Not played any DLC yet.

It was the same price on GOG earlier this month. You could just by the expansion pass from GOG for £20 right now without any discount.

Helldivers, the greatest multiplayer game ever, is only £6.39, GET ON IT!

EDIT: The digital deluxe edition is £9.99.

Some other prices I noticed when browsing:

Abzu - £7.49

Binary Domain - £2.74

Necropolis (supposed to very good now) - £11.49

Hand of Fate - £5.78

Wolfenstein: The New Order - £4.94

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood: £4.94

• Upvote 1

I wish games could let you download just single player content. I'd love to blast through the Doom campaign, but 70gb? Yeez...

Same with GTAV. Fancied reistalling it, 65gb... nah.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

I wish games could let you download just single player content. I'd love to blast through the Doom campaign, but 70gb? Yeez...

Same with GTAV. Fancied reistalling it, 65gb... nah.

Honestly not a bad idea. Would be neat if steam could require developers to separate their singleplayer and multiplayer installation files.  Some games with seamless multiplayer would be impossible to do this way though.

• Upvote 1

I'm tempted to get Doom for the quality of it's soundtrack alone: it's pretty much all I've listened to for the past couple of weeks. Wasn't even interested in the game before hearing it.

DOOM is £11.31 at Greenman with the code blackfriday10, couldn't say no at that price, now for another library clean up.

• Upvote 3

A pretty shit sale (again!). Half my wishlist isn't even reduced and the games that are have all been either this price or cheaper in the past. It's bizarre to check the price history and see that a game had a bigger discount just a month or two ago. 

Conversely about 90% of my wishlist is reduced and to they're almost all to the lowest they've ever been, which makes a change as sales have been a bit worse in general of late. Playstation Store is the worst though, stuff isn't getting near what previous discounts used to be on almost anything of age.

The Long Dark - £7.49, cheapest is £5.09

Pier Solar and the Great Architects - £7.69, cheapest it's been is £2.49

Distance - £10.49, cheapest is £7.49

Dex - £5.99, cheapest is £3.74

Hardland - £7.69, cheapest is £5.49

Zombi - £7.49, cheapest is £3.74

Hand of Fate - £5.78, cheapest is £3.70

Sorcery Parts 1 & 2 - £3.49, was £2.44

All based on previous Steam prices too, so possibly even cheaper on another website. 

None of the FF games are on sale either :(

So far I've spent £2 and it's looking like that may be it, which is quite annoying as I actually have a fair bit of Steam Wallet available and I'm in the mood to splurge. I'm never going to knowingly overpay for something though. 

Champions of Anteria looks tempting. By the Settlers/Anno devs and I remember reading a pretty positive preview of it in PC Gamer a few months back. It seems to have done incredibly poorly though; steamspy estimates that just 2.4k-5.7k people own it :(

Couldn't resist, Doom and Abzu from green man for $25.70 and Inside from steam for $14.99. :)

Now to finally set that steam link up so can lounge on the sofa.

Oh, I think I have a key for Wasted if anyone wants it for about £3.99 less than the sale price.

Halo very kindly gave me Life is Strange which will occupy my new game capacity for the rest of the year (I still haven't finished my first run through Thumper either).