Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

18 minutes ago, Bobby Digihill said:

Thanks to Illyria for the code.

If anyone fancies any of the following, please PM me, as I've been meaning to do this for ages:

Titan Quest

I just want to point out that whomever takes the Titan Quest key, will automatically also receive Titan Quest Anniversary Edition. This new release appeared last Wednesday, and it contains all the content from vanilla TQ, the expansion Immortal Throne, brand new content and all kinds of fixes and updates. Worth PM'ing for!

On 31-8-2016 at 19:55, Mr. Gerbik said:

For those unfamiliar with the game, Titan Quest comes with my highest possible recommendation (Official Gerbik Approved (tm) ). Personally, I prefer Titan Quest over the likes of Diablo and Torchlight, but it takes awhile to get going - the game really comes into its own once you hit level 8 and unlock the second skill tree for lots of possibilities, allowing you to freely customise and combine skills between two different classes in a way that not many other games in the genre allow. But it's the setting that makes Titan Quest memorable above anything else - no emo/goth/satanic or endless dark dungeons or ye olde fantasy locales or even science-fiction trappings here, instead you're travelling across ancient Greece, into ancient Egypt and even further while fighting mythological beasts along the way like Minotaurs and Medusas and whatever else is appropriate for each location. It's all wonderfully different and refreshing, and even after all this time it still plays so well (thanks in no small part to the aforementioned multiple skill trees customisations).

chaps (and gal) help me out here... ARK continues to be a top seller on steam as an early access game and they have just released a paid expansion.... which is also a top seller...what the fuck is going on there? surely you can't "expand" a game that's not ready... is that game secretly awesome? why is it so popular on steam?

11 minutes ago, Oz said:

chaps (and gal) help me out here... ARK continues to be a top seller on steam as an early access game and they have just released a paid expansion.... which is also a top seller...what the fuck is going on there? surely you can't "expand" a game that's not ready... is that game secretly awesome? why is it so popular on steam?

I think because it's trying to make the below a reality.

ipU03Ru.jpg

Nonsense. The will to improve your game exists regardless of the tag you put on it. If it's finished it should be labeled as such, DLC for a non-finished title (something that helps the developers continue, remember?) is ridiculous.

It's like having a permanent excuse for any bugs you may encounter.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Not unlike Star Citizen it's people buying into the dream instead of the actual, unfinished product. The moment these kind of games leave Early Access, is the moment they probably become less lucrative  - no more unrealistic dreams to peddle 

yeah makes sense. If I try to see the positive I guess is a way to signal that a lot more content will be added to the game still. there should be more rules around it. but I guess that is the case about nearly everything on steam. and I guess in a way this free for all approach is what is great about steam. so to sum up, I am conflicted.

Having played Titan Quest Anniversary yesterday and Grim Dawn today, they really are the same game. This is no big problem for me as I love them both but for those not familiar with either, Grim Dawn seems to be better choice so far.

Some devs are certainly playing it fast and loose with the "Early Access" label but Ark is maybe one of the exceptions to the rule.

The developers are pretty much continually updating it, with major changes appearing regularly and done well. For example, the new biomes were not just dropped in unannounced -replacing whole sections of the map and potentially ruining any massive building projects people have been making- but instead the areas were clearly marked off well in advance so players did not waste too much of their time.

And its really good to play, which helps!

Its a hell of a lot better- cant remember offhand which version of UE4 it uses but Epic have been optimizing a hell of a lot the past year or 2 and it shows.

I run a 980 ti but still turn some of the foliage off - not really for performance but to make it a bit easier seeing collectables.

I have heard the new expansion crashes a lot -not played it myself yet, and rarely if ever had a crash with the main game-  but that may be down to NVidia and their horrific Win 10 driver issues.

27 minutes ago, Nathan Wind said:

@Mr. Gerbik if I install and activate my old boxed copy of Titan Quest on Steam would that give me the new version, do you know? I'm only asking rather that trying it for myself because it's up in the loft.

I remember reading something about TQ box keys not activating on Steam at all. Not 100% sure on that. But owning any part of TQ on Steam will give you the new one for free.

Remember that TQ: Anniversary Edition is 75% off only for the first week though, so if you do decide you want it cheap for the equivalent of 5 euros you shouldn't wait too long.

On 3 September 2016 at 10:58, Masu said:

Some devs are certainly playing it fast and loose with the "Early Access" label but Ark is maybe one of the exceptions to the rule.

The developers are pretty much continually updating it, with major changes appearing regularly and done well. For example, the new biomes were not just dropped in unannounced -replacing whole sections of the map and potentially ruining any massive building projects people have been making- but instead the areas were clearly marked off well in advance so players did not waste too much of their time.

And its really good to play, which helps!

You are far too forgiving. 

28 minutes ago, NEG said:

Dunno I put over 200 hours into it, enjoyed myself immensely with a bunch of mates - as I said I have not got the new expansion so cant comment on that.  

Have you played it? Does it crash a lot?

1 hour ago, NEG said:

to me this is partially on them but also on steam. they need to step in because this is being sold in their store. but also people have bought the expansion in droves! so what the flying fuck really. maybe steam should not have to protect these people against themselves.