Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

On 23/08/2016 at 14:42, VN1X said:

Never mind. Just played 5 minutes and performance was a mess and it plays incredibly slow compared to pretty much every other shooter these days. Don't bother. 

I played some of it this morning and really enjoyed it!  Didn't have any performance problems but you're right in that it feels slower than I remember.  Not that I mind that though.  Still it's a blast to play and I still love the grappling hook, gliding etc.  Dive bombing people never gets old :D  Not gonna pretend it'll be my new shooter since I'll be playing all the xmas games soon enough but I'll probably dip in and out of it.  Happy to see it still has folks playing it.

Does look good but I'm not really a fan of straight up footy games (other than Sensi, obvs). I prefer ones like Kopanito which are silly and violent and have special moves and stuff. I don't care for football, ya see.  I also have a list of games as long as my arm to finish. At 6'3", I have long arms. That Chicken horse thing you were playing last night looks good fun though. I want to get Uncharted 4 finished first, then I'll probably grab that.

I agree with Mr Wind. Kopanito is great because you can foul at leisure, teleport, freeze, super kick all sorts of other silly things. Plus it's one of the only football games where I have a handle on doing overhead kicks and diving headers and no one will take that away from me!

Right down — up?! — to the height, you could be me, Nathan!

Are the special moves anything like the Street Fighter type of combo or very simplistic?  That's always given me pause for thought as I can't really do much beyond the odd button press or two.  The simpler, the better really.  I don't need to be good at the game and I'd be happy enough if I could still have a laugh from simple moves and proximity-based variants or specials.

Anything Sensi-style would be fine with me!

Just noticed Renowned Explorers is on sale, had it on my wish list when a few folks on here grabbed it at launch. Are people still enjoying it? Money is tight at the moment but this looks right up my street game wise, and I think my lads would like it to

3 hours ago, Vorgot said:

Just noticed Renowned Explorers is on sale, had it on my wish list when a few folks on here grabbed it at launch. Are people still enjoying it? Money is tight at the moment but this looks right up my street game wise, and I think my lads would like it to

I haven't played it since although I was enjoying it, just had too many other games that I wanted to play. I definitely recommend it though, actually I should get back to playing it myself. 

7 hours ago, Illyria said:

I haven't played it since although I was enjoying it, just had too many other games that I wanted to play. I definitely recommend it though, actually I should get back to playing it myself. 

Cheers, will give it a whirl

I gave it its own thread, but it's relevant for anyone anyone in the Steam thread:

Titan Quest Anniversary Edition - out NOW, free for existing TQ owners

Haven't tried it out yet, but assuming it's good this is one hell of a nice gesture by current Titan Quest ip owners Nordic Games. Out of nowhere (well, not exactly, they've been patching the original games and running beta versions for months on Steam now) they've now released Titan Quest Anniversary Edition on Steam!

That's right, one of the best ARPG's ever made remastered for a new generation to enjoy with a total of 1261 changes. It incudes both the original Titan Quest and the must-have expansion Immortal Throne combined into one game with reworked multiplayer, stability, performance, balancing, AI, STEAMWORKS and much more.

And anyone who already owns either Titan Quest, Titan Quest Gold or (not and! Or!) Immortal Throne on Steam will get (or already own, since it's out) Titan Quest Anniversary Edition for FREE!

And for those who don't already own one of the TQ games? Well, after being ashamed of yourselves for having a bad taste games and missing out on one of the best games in its genre for so long, you can buy Titan Quest Anniversary Edition with a 75% discount for one week. That's either 5 US dollars or 5 euros - no idea how much it is in the UK, but after Brexit that probably translates to 60 quid or something? Somebody let me know and I'll edit it in. After a week, the price will go up to twenty bucks/euros.

Steam storepage here

Full changelog here

Edit: also out on GOG! GOG storepage here, same 75% discount but no free option obviously

• Restored and improved multiplayer functionality, including new features like a built-in voice chat and NAT resolving for best multiplayer connectivity
  • Support for more resolutions, larger camera distance and scaleable UI size
  • Improved performance and general stability
  • Support for modders through new modding options and a fully integrated Steam Workshop
  • Complete balance rework with improvements to all Masteries, damage types, unique items and sets
  • Countless bug fixes and other improvements, including ten years’ worth of community fixes
  • Increased challenges and rewards for larger parties and on higher difficulty levels
  • Dozens of new heroes and bosses to encounter
  • Improved enemy and pet AI
  • Quality of life features like higher stack limits, quick item pickup, a larger stash and a speed setting
  • Reduced cheating with curbed exploits, removal of test items and mod comparison in multiplayer
  • Steam Friend Invites
  • Steam Achievements
  • Steam Trading Cards

Saw that today and was really pleased to see I already had it in my library. The 15 or so hours of Titan Quest I played were great, although I did get a bit bored (it's a very long game). Might be worth going back and seeing how it plays now.

21 hours ago, Illyria said:

Started this last night and it seems much more complicated than I realised, I have no clue whats going on, even having done the tutorial. Guess the mechanics will click with a few more plays

Midweek bargains.

Prison Architect is 75% off at £4.99 on Steam and that seems an interesting builder / management sim.  In that vein Cities Skylines is 75% off at £5.74 and that's the Sim City that the last Sim City should have been.  That's a lot of building for about ten quid.

CDKeys have Witcher 3: GOTY edition GoG key for the stupid price of £21.99 which works out to about 2p an hour of quality gaming time.

Bargains!

Would very much recommend Renowned Explorers while it's on sale. Once it clicks it's great fun, the art style really belies a complicated strategy game, but there is good risk/reward balance. Am playing it on Classic, and have had my arse kicked by trying an encounter I wasn't ready yet, but am getting more aware of what I am doing the more I play. Will definitely grab the expansion too.