Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

I think there's more than what you've listed, JPR. The games at the top are on offer for 2 days, the ones below are only on offer for a day. Why've they made sales more confusing to navigate?

The other ones are The Wolf Among Us, Sins of a Solar Empire, Age of Mythology, Dead Island, Wargame: Red Dragon, Crypt of the Necrodancer, FTL, Injustice, The Stanley Parable and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

(I'd list the prices but I'm on the EU store).

Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, is 50% off £11.49 for 24hrs, pretty good considering it only came out on the 20th. Looks really interesting, will probably pick it up at that price, doubt it will go cheaper.

Quick look and there seems to be some really good deals, TEW being the stand out so far. Gives me hope for this sale and Christmas after the last few years being a bit disappointing.

Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut. (the standalone version of the expansion for Shadowrun Returns) is also 50% off, worth keeping an eye on if that goes into a daily deal but I would imagine it will. One of my favourites of the year, great RPG.

This is the best way to browse the sale: https://steamdb.info/sales/

Scroll down to find quite a few good/interesting games at 90% off. These won't come up on the front page. Natural selection 2 megapack http://store.steampowered.com/sub/54667/?utm_source=SteamDB&utm_medium=SteamDB&utm_campaign=SteamDB%20Sales%20Page is a good deal in particular. Deadly Premonition is also £2.

• Upvote 7

Someone talk me out of Endless Legend.

In my mind it's the best 4X of a year with lots of 4X games, I love it. They just released a fairly signifcant patch today so some of the little quibbles I had should be remedied. (Age of Wonders III is great too, different focus though).

You might as well wait to see if it comes up in a daily or gets a bigger discount in the winter sale, though!

• Upvote 2

Someone talk me out of Endless Legend.

It's great! A bit of a different spin on the Civ-like 4x genre. The setting is unique, some of the races are just downright odd (in a good way) and have some interesting perks/traits. They actually feel very different to each other.

Battles are a bit different too, for a 4x anyway. It's all a bit X-Com, you actually move your troops and what not, not just watch a pre-animated sequence determined by a load of hidden numbers. A bit of tactics (using the environment, flanking, etcy) comes in to play.

Music is great, style is lovely, trading and resource management is brilliant, and the GUI is very easy to use. It all just works. Devs seem like they really give a shit about the game and the genre.

I've recommended it before in here, as an alternative to the new Civilisation: Beyond Earth and I still stand by that. It's a refreshing change.

• Upvote 1

Okay it's getting bought (Beyond Earth really just seemed like a reskin of Civ5 when I tried the demo) but it might come back up cheaper later... right? That means I can put it off for now, right? Right. Phew! Damn near everything in my wishlist is in the sale -- it's terrifying!

Edit: By the way that was the worst talking-out-of I've ever had. I knew I could count on you guys!

• Upvote 2

You might as well at least wait till the end of this sale, quite possible it'll be in a 50% off flash sale for example.

The uniqueness of and differentiation between all the factions is definitely a highlight of the game. In so many strategy games the factions are just minor tweaks to some attributes, here they really play differently and 'feel' different. The faction-specific 'story' quests are a nice addition to the flavour of the game too.

Anyone looking for a well-executed straightforward and fun FPS: The Darkness II is £4. It isn't as interesting or ambitious as the first one but it plays nicely in a way that one didn't.

Everyone's favourite Brazilian games retailer Nuuvem has a sale on. Beware region restrictions - it will tell you if a game is region locked on the game page but Nuuvemb may also prevent you from adding the game to the cart, although the latter can apparently be worked around using a proxy like Hola Unblocker.

Of particular note is Civilization: Beyond Earth is ~£13 without any funky region restriction shenanigans. If you want to work around Nuuvem's region restrictions, Metal Gear Revengance is ~£3.50.