rllmuk
choddo

Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

I got my invite through earlier and within two minutes I was streaming my gaming PC upstairs on my Mac Mini in the living room.

It's very impressive indeed and beyond the expectations i had for the service. The picture quality is fantastic and lag is minimal.

My PS4 is suddenly looking a little redundant

Gah, I'm stuck at work and clucking to get home and see what it's like!

Unfortunately my telly is only 720p but I'm really interested to see how my laptop manages Tomb Raider on Ultra :D

The streaming is really impressive. I'm using a fairly pants Samsung RV520 laptop over wifi and bar the occasional audio glitch everything is really smooth with only a tiny amount of noticeable input lag. I wouldn't play any twitch aiming games over it, but for stuff you can control with a joypad it's great. I think it's definitely going to be worth me building a tiny little cube PC to stream games onto every now and then.

Anything you look at in your library which isn't installed on the machine you're on has options like this:

owld.jpg

• Upvote 1

Cross-posting from trading, but I'm giving away several codes for Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Uplay). Give me a PM if you want one. :)

All gone!

• Upvote 5

There is a petition started on Neogaf to convince Sega to bring ports of Bayonetta, Vanquish, Virtua Fighter 5 to PC. Maybe a waste of time but no harm in signing and showing support. Dark Souls was petitioned I believe so you never know. I've signed up.

https://www.change.org/petitions/sega-increase-the-number-of-releases-for-the-pc-bayonetta-vanquish-virtua-fighter-5-etc

Those of you in the beta for streaming, did you join the group first or did the invite just come out of the blue?

You have to join the group

Yep, joined the group. You also have to be using the beta Steam client to actually use the streaming, but that was specified in the invite.

Yep, joined the group. You also have to be using the beta Steam client to actually use the streaming, but that was specified in the invite.

Cool, yeah I've been in the group for a while and am using the beta client so hopefully should hear soon.

brought

:hmm:

Glad they're at least offering some kind of refund now; I can see that the issue of non-Steam-bought keys would be a difficult one to solve, so can somewhat forgive that. Now they just need to add the option to non pre-order titles (for when you buy a game and it just doesn't work/is utterly broken/rubbish) in the same fashion as Origin.

• Upvote 1

When I complained about my MGS:Rev pre order in the sale (ordered it 30min in and then the price dropped further) customer support where really happy to help, and correct. Seemed to have an easy process set up for it, so makes sense to automate

I thought something was up the other day, Uplay and BT Infinity aren't working with each other. Of course they blame each other which isn't much use, Ubisoft have said they're working on it though.

Which is a bugger as I'm currently playing through ACIV and picked up Blacklist and Future Soldier in the Winter sale.

Edit: Pulling the network cable allows me to put Uplay into offilne mode and play ACIV, doesn't work with Splinter Cell as I've not registered it yet.

I'm getting awful issues with uplay today also. I've redeemed the code that 000 offered for Far Cry Blood Dragon but I just cant get the uplay client to log on at all in order to download the game. So then I tried to use their technical support/ask a question website, I typed in all the necessary information, hit submit and then got "a technical error has occurred" message.

Bloody uplay! The sooner they get rid of it the better. (And well done to the Rocksmith 2014 team for patching the PC game to stop the client force-load).

edit: looks like it is working now, finally downloading the game

See also me and the most recent Heroes, Settlers and Splinter Cell games - I got all of them eventually, but only when they were at rock-bottom prices, whereas without uPlay I'd have been there day one for all of them. At least the system is no longer always-online-required in new games, but the regular outages are still enough to put me off from every trying to get their games at release.

There is a petition started on Neogaf to convince Sega to bring ports of Bayonetta, Vanquish, Virtua Fighter 5 to PC. Maybe a waste of time but no harm in signing and showing support. Dark Souls was petitioned I believe so you never know. I've signed up.

https://www.change.org/petitions/sega-increase-the-number-of-releases-for-the-pc-bayonetta-vanquish-virtua-fighter-5-etc

Get the guy who is petitioning Sega to give the Shenmue license away on the case - that'll make it happen!

;)

Hey Ubisoft, I'm actually not going to buy Might & Magic X (a game I'd normally jump at) because of Uplay. How's that working out for you.

*smashes head off keyboard*

I just bought it and I'm mired in Uplay hell. I've downloaded the game, installed it, logged into Uplay, input the serial number, linked the game to my account and ... there's no Play option. How the cuntfucking Christ am I supposed to launch the game? Where do I go? What do I click? Why can't I just double click the game on my Steam list and - imagine this - start playing?

Close it down and start it again, will now go through Uplay automatically when you launch the game.

Does seem for some reason after registering games in Uplay it doesn't always show the play button. Just done Blacklist and Future Soldier now that Uplay and BT are working together, Blacklist gave me a play button but Future Soldier didn't.

There was a time when you'd buy a game, take it home, and spend an hour trying to load it with a different combination of Volume and Tone settings on the tape deck, maybe event fiddling with your azimuth setting if you were really brave. The playground was your Google.

• Upvote 3