Steam - UI Overhaul Out Now

Whats the best way to get the Mass Effect games and keep a continuous save going through all three games? ME3 isn't on Steam, is it possible to keep use a playthrough from the Steam Me1/2 in the Origin version of 3?

I picked up an Origin code for the ME Trilogy from Amazon.com for about £6. It's back up to £40 now but sure it'll be in the sale again soon.

Didn't realise that only ME3 is joypad compatible though :(

But is it worth £7.49? :ph34r:

I've gone for it. I've heard mixed things, but if nothing else it looks gorgeous and the story seems interesting. That's enough for me.

Well, it does looks fantastic as a gameworld but that's all - you can't interact with 99% of it. The story is alright. The gameplay itself is near nonexistent and the combat seems like it might be good but its incredibly basic in practice. Got it free on PS+ and glad I didn't pay for it as such.

Well, it does looks fantastic as a gameworld but that's all - you can't interact with 99% of it. The story is alright. The gameplay itself is near nonexistent and the combat seems like it might be good but its incredibly basic in practice. Got it free on PS+ and glad I didn't pay for it as such.

Ah yes, that's where I have it already. :lol: Oh well, it'll look better on the PC.

I picked up an Origin code for the ME Trilogy from Amazon.com for about £6. It's back up to £40 now but sure it'll be in the sale again soon.

Didn't realise that only ME3 is joypad compatible though :(

They all work very well with a mouse and keyboard, and there's no trouble importing saves between versions. They're all saved in your My Documents directory either way, and my Origin ME3 just found my previous saves automatically.

Dudes, I have spare copies for the following:

Thomas Was Alone
Frozen Synapse
Eldritch

(all secret santa gifts I seem to have received twice! wtf - I'd add the gift to my games list, then it'd appear in my gifts again. Weird.)

Anyway! Since they are gifts I'll need to be friends with you for trade, steam ID in sig, message me and when I get a chance I'll jump online. :)

Merry Xmas! :D

EDIT! Wait wait wait. Something's going a bit screwy here. The games aren't adding as steam's telling me they're in my list, even though I can't find them. How weird. Offer paused for now.

Edit 2! Ok ok, so after fannying about a bit, I have giftable copies of

Edlritch

Frozen Synapse

If anyone wants them, add / message me on Steam, when I see it I'll trade!

Daily Deals:

Grand Theft Auto IV Complete £7.49, GTA Complete £8.74

Alan Wake £2.29

Kerbal Space Program £11.99

Metro: Last Light £8.49

Rising Storm £3.74

Game Dev Tycoon £3.49

Outlast £5.09

Farming Simulator 2013 £10.99

Injustice: Gods Among Us £19.99

Flash Deals:

Shadow Warrior £7.59

Tropico 4 £4.99

Spacebase DF-9

LIMBO £1.74

GTA IV is £9.99. That's a fiver more than it normally is when it's on sale.

Notwithstanding the above, I think this sale has been pretty good. I've got about 10 games and spent a smidge over £30. Insane value - well it would be if I ever played them.

I tend to agree that's it seems to be the same games getting the same or similar levels of discount each time. It's disappointing they don't promote 'hidden gems' more prominently. They do have a specific Indie section I suppose, but it would be nice to have a section dedicated to games that have garnered significant levels of community support or recommendations. You're always either taking a flyer or asking on forums.

Wasn't too impressed with TQ (although spent hours playing 5 man coop today)

The levelling is weird - especially as you end up putting a lot into mastered (basically stars boosters). Seemed easier not to pick a second spec, and keep all your points in 1.

Otherwise the skills are a little underwhelming (although Dream gets some good uns) and players seemed to spend most if time auto attacking. Coupled with shared loot and it's hard to feel a sense of progress in 17 levels.

(At the end of act 1) It's not a bad game - but Torchlight and Diablo both did it far better

Didn't everyone on here basically said that TQ did it much better than Diablo (3) at least?

Unfortunately Last Light is a very boring, by-the-numbers FPS with a spectacular backdrop.

Is it better than Crysis 3 though? As I thought that was an absolute waste of money. I basically spent €35 on a tech demo.

GTA IV is £9.99. That's a fiver more than it normally is when it's on sale.

Slightly naughty from Steam (again!) - click on it and scroll down a little and you can pick up the complete edition (with the two episodes) for £7.49...

Didn't everyone on here basically said that TQ did it much better than Diablo (3) at least?

Is it better than Crysis 3 though? As I thought that was an absolute waste of money. I basically spent 35 on a tech demo.

Metro is fantastic. Its got atmosphere in buckets, a solid story with good characters, good shooting, and some really fantastic setpieces and locations. Smitty is just being mental, i mean he thinks max Payne 3 is a good game after all ;)

Nether is brilliant and terrifying. First time in a long time I've felt scared in a game. I have no idea what I'm doing, but have managed to kill a few players using only the beginners shiv. I found a crowbar once but couldn't seem to pick it up for some reason. Feels a bit like dark souls PVP at times.

Anyone else got it?

It looks excellent. How stable/feature complete is it?

Metro is fantastic. Its got atmosphere in buckets, a solid story with good characters, good shooting, and some really fantastic setpieces and locations. Smitty is just being mental, i mean he thinks max Payne 3 is a good game after all ;)

It's dull as shit. Gorgeous locations and atmosphere do not a good game make, at least not in a genre so mechanically driven. The shooting is..well, you shoot. That's about it. There's nothing interesting about the shooting. The enemies don't do anything interesting.

The story is a vague, self indulgent waffle, a supernatural mess.

I love the visuals and aesthetics of it, as I did the first, but unlike you I don't find those to make a good game. It's a looker but it's dull, empty and wastes the considerable potential of its genre and setting.

It's dull as shit. Gorgeous locations and atmosphere do not a good game make, at least not in a genre so mechanically driven. The shooting is..well, you shoot. That's about it. There's nothing interesting about the shooting. The enemies don't do anything interesting.

The story is a vague, self indulgent waffle, a supernatural mess.

I love the visuals and aesthetics of it, as I did the first, but unlike you I don't find those to make a good game. It's a looker but it's dull, empty and wastes the considerable potential of its genre and setting.

I don't think Last Light is purely gorgeous locations and atmosphere though. It's got damned decent mechanics and the firefights are a lot more fun in comparison to the original. Sure if you compare it to something like FEAR it would come up lacking but in terms of other FPS it's certainly no better or worse than a majority of the ones out there.