rllmuk
choddo

Steam - UI Overhaul Coming Soon

Right, so I just bought Alpha Protocol from Greenman... where the hell is the key? It's not anywhere onsite, it's not in my purchase email, do I have to wait a bit or something? Any instructions tell me how to register the game on steam using the "product activation key from below", which doesn't seem to exist.

Yes, quite.

edit: Right, looks like they occasionally run out of keys, don't tell anyone, and you get one at some undetermined point when they get them back in. Probably. Still at £1.75 for something I won't even play for months, I can deal with that.

Right, so I just bought Alpha Protocol from Greenman... where the hell is the key? It's not anywhere onsite, it's not in my purchase email, do I have to wait a bit or something? Any instructions tell me how to register the game on steam using the "product activation key from below", which doesn't seem to exist.

I've just done the same and got no key either. I don't know whether this means they've run out?

I didn't get an AP code upon purchase confirmation, which is where they usually appear, but clicking the Download button took me to a screen with one. Redeemed via Steam fine so I didn't think much of it.

£8.74 is for all the GTA games which strangely they don't show on the sale page or the GTA IV page, you have to go to one of the older games to find it.

I do think they need to improve their store and page layouts, make it easier to find things. You've got the GTA pack only linked from some pages and they pages can become messy when you get multiple DLC and a GoTY edition on top of that.

Civ V is the obvious example, the GoTY is a separate store page but doesn't show the DLC not included or the expansion, the normal version contains all the DLC but no quick way to see what you own and no indication of what the GoTY upgrade actually gives you. Just put an asterisk by those in the GoTY upgrade, then put a tick or change the background for any DLC you own.

Another thing they can add to the much needed overhaul list.

• Upvote 1

There's a great bundle up on GOG today that's a must buy for adventure fans who don't already have the majority of the games. You get all of the following for just shy of $20:

The Blackwell Bundle (four games)

Resonance (also currently dirt cheap as a Steam flash sale)

Botanicula

Gemini Rue

Machinarium: Collector's Edition

To The Moon

Stacking

Excellent value, there's some cracking games in there.

http://www.gog.com/p...ndie_adventures

• Upvote 1

Resonance (also currently dirt cheap as a Steam flash sale)

I just bought this off Steam for $2.49 (down from $9.99) as the description is really really interesting. Anyone played it yet?

Only bought 2 games so far.

Spec. Ops.: The Line - Up to chapter 4 so far (control slightly clonky does it play better with the X360 pad?).

The Witcher 2 Enhanced Ed. (whopping 25Gb install - really?).

Although I did buy a mountain of stuff during the Summer Sale, something feels different about this sale. The only game I've bought for myself this holiday season is XCOM from GMG, and a few other of their offers are looking mighty tempting. I've not purchased a thing from Steam yet, but I suspect I'll snap up a couple of things from my wishlist on the last day.

To suggest Valve haven't put as much thought into this sale would be naive, I wonder if they've deliberately removed the achievement gimmick to better measure its effect.

I've bought far more off green man and amazon.com this time around than I have from Steam itself, there's been some great deals. I wish I'd bought the dawn of war franchise pack off Steam though when it was in the flash sale. I'm really liking the first one that I got in the THQ humble bundle, and it'd be worth it for the expansions even if I don't end up liking DoW 2.

Basement Collection yoinked also.

I have a Torchlight in my inventory too if anyone wants it. I think someone here gave it to me but I've realised I'm never going to play it. Drop me a PM with your Steam username.