rllmuk
choddo

Steam - UI Overhaul Coming Soon

On 04/12/2018 at 22:31, VN1X said:

According to Humble Bundle I've got a bunch of unredeemed keys for the following games: 

• ABZU
  • ARMA: Cold War Assault
  • Aviary Attorney
  • Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin Key
  • Cortex Command Steam Key
  • Crazy Machines 3
  • Dead Rising 2
  • Dead Rising 4
  • Dead Space Origin Key
  • Desura
  • Duelyst - 20 Spirit Orbs
  • Duelyst - Cosmetics Bundle
  • ESO Vanity pet: Bristlegut Piglet and 15 days of ESO Plus
  • Eterium
  • Furi
  • Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy
  • Grim Fandango Remastered
  • HOARD
  • Holy Potatoes! We’re in Space?!
  • Lara Croft GO
  • Laser League
  • Mirror's Edge Steam Key
  • NBA Playgrounds
  • Neverwinter Humble Bundle Pack (whatever that is)
  • ONE PIECE BURNING BLOOD
  • Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You
  • Passpartout: The Starving Artist
  • Plants vs Zombies GOTY Edition, Peggle Nights, and Zuma's Revenge
  • Populous Origin Key
  • Primal Carnage: Extinction
  • Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC Steam key
  • Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition
  • Rise and Shine
  • Running with Rifles
  • Samorost 2 (x2)
  • Screencheat
  • Shoppe Keep
  • SimplePlanes
  • Splasher
  • Subterrain
  • Super House of Dead Ninjas: True Ninja Pack
  • Super House of the Dead Ninjas
  • The Elder Scrolls: Legends: 2 Card Packs (Skyrim) 1 Event Ticket 100 Gold 100 Souls (x2)
  • The Warlock of Firetop Mountain
  • Titan Quest
  • Warhammer® 40,000: Dawn of War

I'd love Burnout Paradise if it's still available.

7 hours ago, VN1X said:

Has anyone played Book of Demons? If so, how is it? 

EDIT: I got a 66% coupon code apparently which works on top of the 20% reduction offer as well? Fine then...

Well played Gabe, well played. 

Loved the demo, been waiting for a decent discount.

• Upvote 1

I played it for 8 hours in 2016 during early access but I can't remember what I had for my dinner so I won't be of much help I'm afraid.

I can remember enjoying it but also this big level that was just full of bastards and I was continually getting pasted so I figured I'd wait until it was more balanced.

Oh, there we go - https://steamcommunity.com/app/449960/discussions/0/353915953251094278/#c353915953251348407

Wizards spawning zombies apparently.

I remember a cat trying to sell me things next to a lift and he made a funny joke.

Yes, it's coming back to me a bit now. I'll have to stick it on later, that'll jog my memory.

• Upvote 1

About an hour into Book of Demons and I think I'm in love already. The presentation oozes charm and atmosphere and the game does a terrific job of easing you into the mechanics, which is commendable considering it's this unholy marriage between Diablo and Darkest Dungeon (with a bit of CCG sprinkled on top). It even has something called "Flexiscope" that will tell you (with better accuracy over time) how long it will take you to complete a dungeon of a certain size. I have no idea if it actually works mind you but if it does then that's pretty damn brilliant.

So yeah that's Darkest Dungeon uninstalled then! :P

On 14/12/2018 at 20:40, VN1X said:

EDIT: I got a 66% coupon code apparently which works on top of the 20% reduction offer as well? Fine then...

Decided to download the demo to see if it's our thing and lol, the download is 666 meg. I wonder how much trimming and planning they did just for that gag?

• Upvote 1

On 14/12/2018 at 07:04, witchypoos said:

Ooh, Frantic Dimension is coming to steam. I can remember playing that last year and it was good fun.

You can still download all 7mb of it from here - https://gamejolt.com/games/fddeluxe/309729

Aw, look at how cute his rolling thunder game is! :D - https://store.steampowered.com/app/978800/Rolling_Bird/

All of his games appear to be coming out on the 28th Dec on Steam for free!

• Upvote 1

On 14/12/2018 at 09:40, VN1X said:

Oooh, if anyone else happens to have a 66% coupon code that they wont use for BoD may I have it please?  If tradeable. Ta

1 hour ago, MotiVater said:

Oooh, if anyone else happens to have a 66% coupon code that they wont use for BoD may I have it please?  If tradeable. Ta

Everyone who owns Darkest Dungeon should've received one of those vouchers in their inventories btw. 

It brings the price down to €5,something. 

Don't forget a few days left to sign up for Steam Secret Santa, check out the sticky and drop me a PM. Bring a little fun, excitement and Christmas spirit to the Steam sales.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VN1X said:

Everyone who owns Darkest Dungeon should've received one of those vouchers in their inventories btw. 

It brings the price down to €5,something. 

Embarrassed to admit that I hadn't even checked and it turns out I already have the voucher!  Purchased!

• Upvote 1

Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Definitive Edition is £8.99 at Voidu with the code WINTERMADNESS (authorized seller). It includes the main game and season pass. Insane amount of game for that price (and remember that they patched out the loot boxes earlier this year).

1 hour ago, spork said:

The Christmas sale starts tonight doesn't it? Remember when we all used to get excited for this? 

Right this second apparently Spork. 

I'm quite excited, mainly due to being in the Steam secret Santa. 

That and my GPD Win 2 comes tomorrow, can't wait to see what it can do! 

7 hours ago, spork said:

The Christmas sale starts tonight doesn't it? Remember when we all used to get excited for this? 

It's stopped being so silly, thank god. Plenty on sale, but it seems like the ridiculous race to the bottom has stalled meaning that things on my list have either been on sale for less, or the sale price is always more or less static now for a larger proportion of games (Cave shooters, for example, haven't dropped below £5.99 on Steam and always seem to drop in sale just to that level, Shovel Knight always has not-much off and so on). Means I'm less likely to buy some stuff I'm not that interested in just because it's 90% off as there's fewer of them in my realm of interest, but more likely to pay a bit more for something I've actually got a chance of playing. 

Less fun as a result, but it's healthier that I should be getting excited about the games rather than the bloody sale they're in :lol:

• Upvote 2

Plus they stopped doing daily deals so all we all ever do is scroll down our wishlist sorted by price or discount and pick up the first few things on day 1 and then the sale is, effectively, over.

Just buying the games I'm actually going to play is a huge relief tbh. In the last few sales I even skipped buying anything because I knew I wouldn't get around to playing any of them before another sale turned up. It's like, all practical and responsible behavior and shit. Amazing stuff.

Wild Guns Reloaded and Nex Machina are at their lowest prices (£3.75 and £3.74) so will probably pick those up. Eyeing a few others such as Slay the Spire but they aren’t massively discounted or anything.

I’m also tempted to pick up Artifact with its latest update - it now has an XP system and a way to earn cards.

I like to think I'm immune but then I check the friend feed on Steam and see someone has bought an interesting little game for £1.39 and I think yeah go on then. And Pinball FX tables are usually slashed in price so I'll pick those up and never play them. And yes I'll grab that game that won't work on my 5+ year-old PC but when I finally get around to upgrading (any month now) I'll get back into PC gaming honest totally yes it's happening 2019... maybe.

34 minutes ago, Sureshot said:

Wild Guns Reloaded and Nex Machina are at their lowest prices (£3.75 and £3.74) so will probably pick those up. Eyeing a few others such as Slay the Spire but they aren’t massively discounted or anything.

Yes for Wild Guns, I was going to recommend that too. The original is brilliant, I was going to pick up Reloaded on PS4 but it'll do for a quick blast on PC as well :) Other than that I'll probably pick up Fidel Dungeon Rescue.

I've never really noticed, but is anyone else's wishlist count and numbering fucked? In the list, the last one has "16" on the label. The price summary at the bottom says it's 15, and then on the Wishlist button it says "WISHLIST (18)" which is even wronger. There are clearly only 15 items on mine having counted, but if it's going to be wrong at least be consistent!