rllmuk
choddo

Steam - UI Overhaul Coming Soon

Well, the writing and voice acting will seem incredible by comparison.

The open world... not so much. But the nemesis system remains a fun and interesting thing to play with, which helps keep things interesting, even as the world and stealth-combat manage nothing beyond Assassin's Creed: Mordor and Batman-lite, respectively.

Worth the price? Comfortably. Just don't go in expecting a particularly dynamic world, beyond the amusing orcish power struggles.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, VN1X said:

More like

pile_of_shit.gif

Worms World Party

Pinball FX

Bioshock

Doom
Toejam & Earl 

Injustice

DEEP SPACE WAIFU (lol wtf is that.. fire emblem in space?)

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

43 minutes ago, VN1X said:

I have Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin up for grabs. Hollar at ya boi if ya want to die. 

EDIT: Aaaaand it's gone. 

Dammit.. you should know to come to me first.  I would prefer to freeload off of everything you purchase, VN1X.

Oh damn it I forgot about Mordor and Turok 1 which I originally had in the basket before it reset the other day.

Must..grind...more money...

4 hours ago, clippa said:

It's very tongue in cheek by all accounts, but yeah, shooting the clothes off women in space, even if you're doing it ironically, isn't a good look.

Detailed review in the tropes thread please, neg :lol:

I'm more amused by HunieCam and HuniePop in my brief plays today. Seduce many, many girls with Bejeweled skills, fantastic. ^_^

Also 92mins on UBERMOSH today and still not finished, which was about 40p and 99p for the 'whole series'. Awesome hard Robotron'y fun.

I think there's always a mentality of something not being of value unless it's critically acclaimed by at least a million peers and/or not at £39.99 retail cost and/or not made by a big developer. VN1X has always come off that way to me, but to be fair he has the majority of non-forum gamers for company.

• Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, NEG said:

I think there's always a mentality of something not being of value unless it's critically acclaimed by at least a million peers and/or not at £39.99 retail cost and/or not made by a big developer. VN1X has always come off that way to me, but to be fair he has the majority of non-forum gamers for company.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Not the Fifa and CoD type. The type who would never make his own mind up. Never take the chance. Never rebel.

Which was put more politely, before he simply chose to respond with a gif.

• Downvote 1

I thought about typing up a post detailing my gaming history and how indies excite me the most these days. But then I realised it's just NEG and it'd be a waste of time and words (the latter being evident by him not having read this thread at all over the past few years, apparently). 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

In the time I've known @VN1X on this forum, I've seen him talk about nothing but FIFA, Call of Duty and GTA all the time. Oh and he occasionally mentions the bowling in Wii Sports.

Lying.

• Upvote 2

I've seen him get blindly excited about anything anyone else is excited about, but fair play, I don't keep a particular eye on this thread. Just any other thread.

He's equally a waste of time, has made it known for months thanks to his childish grudges.

• Downvote 5

More focused, controlled experience. It's basically like the latest Hitman in that you have a dense playground to mess around in that can be replayed in completely different ways. The great mechanics from MGS V are (mostly) present and correct so the benefit GZ has is the lack of bad story and characters. Great atmosphere and the PC version has the extra content from the console version too so there's a lot to it.

I did like MGS V but I would also insist on playing Ground Zeroes before it and £4 is a great price.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

In the time I've known @VN1X on this forum, I've seen him talk about nothing but FIFA, Call of Duty and GTA all the time. Oh and he occasionally mentions the bowling in Wii Sports.

It is true. I admit I only care for the most mainstream of entertainment. :(

Spoiler

Now excuse me while I play Proteus, Codename STEAM, Day of Infamy, Pony Island, Dragon Quest Builders, and Linelight.

giphy.gif

I find it very difficult to find anything of interest on steam, due to the sheer amount of games and the fact that the categories don't really narrow it down enough.

I want some pick up and play, preferably blue skies 3d games, akin to late 90s-early 2000s Sega etc.

I already have all the applicable sega games obviously.

Other than that I am looking at Distance, Grip, Altitude, Sky Rogue.

Is there anything else I should know about?

Anything that wouldn't have been out of place on the Dreamcast or Gamecube etc is of interest.

Favourite games are Burnout 2, Outrun 2, Mario 3d World, Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed, Teenage Mutant Turtles The Hyperstone Heist, Daytona USA 2.

Least favourite games are our boys shoot evil brown people in the face with automatic rifles simulator 12, drive realistic car simulator now with extra realistic windshield wipers and all the other popular modern games.

3 hours ago, partious said:

I find it very difficult to find anything of interest on steam, due to the sheer amount of games and the fact that the categories don't really narrow it down enough.

Similarly I find it amazing Valve has gotten away with so few organizational tools for the actual library page this many years on. Feels impossible to make games stick out, know what I should play next or have forgotten about.

I like how GoG does it, in comparison. An actual digital shelf of your games, though that still isn't enough either. We need colour labels, quickly being able to categorize by publisher, developer or genre.

And for goodness sake get rid of the dull dark grey.