rllmuk
choddo

Steam - UI Overhaul Coming Soon

19 hours ago, stefcha said:

In the unlikely event they actually had more than 5 to give away, did anyone manage to get one of the greenmangaming 6p mystery bundles? After spending an hour or so on and off unsuccessfully trying to get the website not to break between meetings they're now out of stock, so I was interested what was actually in it. 

I got Dementium 2 :(

On 5/18/2016 at 2:14 PM, stefcha said:

In the unlikely event they actually had more than 5 to give away, did anyone manage to get one of the greenmangaming 6p mystery bundles? After spending an hour or so on and off unsuccessfully trying to get the website not to break between meetings they're now out of stock, so I was interested what was actually in it. 

I just purchased this.

I got Steel Storm: Burning Retribution - http://store.steampowered.com/app/96200/

6 hours ago, Theholyhogg said:

Also where do u get these bundles of games from if you give them away?  

Besides humblebundle, a few other places do simar things such as bundlestars that can be worth watching for.

If someone can't offer you Risen it's literally 72p or so for that, Risen 2 Gold Ed., Saints Row 2, Sacred 3 Gold Ed. and Dead Island GotY Ed. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, stefcha said:

You say that now, but just wait 'til you've ended up with hundreds of games in your to play list on Steam, you load it up, sit there in awe spending half an hour just trying to decide what you even might fancy playing from the gargantuan mountain of choice in front of you before ultimately becoming undecided, conflicted and confused, switching off defeated and going for a cry in the corner instead.

Might be just me.

Not just you,  but nowadays I end up playing Doom instead of crying in the corner. And it feels good.

• Upvote 1

Is there a way to setup multiple profiles under one Steam account?  I wanted to setup a kids account under my account for my nephew so he does not have access to mature content.

Edit: seems family sharing is the way.

On 20/05/2016 at 9:17 AM, stefcha said:

You say that now, but just wait 'til you've ended up with hundreds of games in your to play list on Steam, you load it up, sit there in awe spending half an hour just trying to decide what you even might fancy playing from the gargantuan mountain of choice in front of you before ultimately becoming undecided, conflicted and confused, switching off defeated and going for a cry in the corner instead.

Might be just me.

Bought Castle Wolfenstien The New Order the other day as well as Batman Arkham City.  Paid less then a tenner for both.  Getting through Wolfenstien and Batman sits there untouched.  The worst thing was that I could of got Witcher 3, Wolfenstien Old Blood AND Rise of the Tomb Raider for less than £50 but I wouldn't have had the time to justify it.

On 20/05/2016 at 9:17 AM, stefcha said:

Might be just me.

That's why I imagine Valve finally caved and added a 'remove game from library' option. I had so much unwanted gifted crap on mine that I'd never play. Feel much better with a more streamlined library as I've got round to playing things like Xcom - which is bloody amazing but sat there untouched for years. 

1 hour ago, simms said:

Is there a way to setup multiple profiles under one Steam account?  I wanted to setup a kids account under my account for my nephew so he does not have access to mature content.

Will I have to setup another Steam account for this?  I thought there was a way to setup a profile within my account.

20 hours ago, simms said:

In your account settings, there is a bit called 'Family View'. This lets you set up a PIN and restricted access to certain items, then you can toggle it on and off like parental mode on the TV or whatever. That way you don't have to create a new account.

The only other way I think is what you suggested, which is to create a new account and use family sharing, but I believe that just shares your whole library anyway. Maybe someone else can chime in on that?

1 hour ago, Fragmaster said:

In your account settings, there is a bit called 'Family View'. This lets you set up a PIN and restricted access to certain items, then you can toggle it on and off like parental mode on the TV or whatever. That way you don't have to create a new account.

The only other way I think is what you suggested, which is to create a new account and use family sharing, but I believe that just shares your whole library anyway. Maybe someone else can chime in on that?

I want to keep saves and achievements separate so it looks like my only route is to create another account I think, then share my library and either restrict mature content with the family view option or share specific non mature games.

10 minutes ago, Blu3Flame said:

You'll need to create another windows account too.

Really?  Not that it's a problem but just wanted to know how it works.  If I created two steam accounts under one windows profile will that not be enough to not separate saves and achievements?

chaps what is up with this ARK which is on the top ten perpetually? Looks shit but seems to be a run away sensation. Has anyone played?