rllmuk
choddo

Steam - UI Overhaul Coming Soon

I might go for Age of Empires II as well as the screenshots remind me of Caesar III, which I loved.

Vanilla Skyrim is showing up for me as £2.49 which seems insane. Steam sales :wub:

The Legendary Edition - with all the DLC - for £6.79 is even more insane, surely? I'm going to guess that it isn't going to get any cheaper than that either, is it? It says 'partial controller support' - do you need much faffing-around with keyboard commands, can anybody tell me?

I guess this is something that happens a lot during the sales, but when I tried to purchase Paper Sorcerer (check it out - looks ace) the 'Working...' button froze for about fifteen minutes, then crapped out. Now the game is in my list but when I try to install it, it says, 'Your purchase is still being processed - Steam will notify you when the transaction has been completed.'

Anyone else had this? What do I do? Just wait?

• Upvote 1

Oh ffs. In what must be a first for Steam I actually don't own something I thought I did, rather than the other way around.

So Terraria is on my wishlist to add the library, but I thought I had it (although obviously never played it or bothered to play it or consider playing it)

Dilemma!

How does it work?

People pay you money for .jpegs.

No I didn't get it either.

(If you go to your inventory, click the card, they'll be a sell button, that'll show you last few sale prices for that item, list it, watch money roll in)

The Legendary Edition - with all the DLC - for £6.79 is even more insane, surely? I'm going to guess that it isn't going to get any cheaper than that either, is it? It says 'partial controller support' - do you need much faffing-around with keyboard commands, can anybody tell me?

Legendary edition is a much better deal, as the DLC is really good and each of those costs more on their own.

Only place the controller doesn't work is entering your name and the initial launcher, everything else is fine, I used a 360 pad to play it.

I guess this is something that happens a lot during the sales, but when I tried to purchase Paper Sorcerer (check it out - looks ace) the 'Working...' button froze for about fifteen minutes, then crapped out. Now the game is in my list but when I try to install it, it says, 'Your purchase is still being processed - Steam will notify you when the transaction has been completed.'

Anyone else had this? What do I do? Just wait?

God-dammit! I had seen the Kickstarter for that and thought it looked really nice but didn't intend to buy it and wouldn't have otherwise noticed it. But now you've gone and brought it to my attention I'm going to have to get it! Thanks, that's £1.99 I'm never going to see again!

Pile of shame: Accumulating :quote:

( :P )

Legendary edition is a much better deal, as the DLC is really good and each of those costs more on their own.

Only place the controller doesn't work is entering your name and the initial launcher, everything else is fine, I used a 360 pad to play it.

Excellent. You 'costing-me-more-money-bastard'.

;)

I only had Vanilla Skyrim so just bought the Legendary edition and it's just added all the DLC to my game for about £7 cheaper than buying them individually.

Let's just hope it doesn't turn up later in a flash sale for £1 or I'll have to flee the forum.

Ha, this is what the sales have done to me - I'm going to buy it, but for now I've added it to my wishlist just in case...

I've been hankering after the skyrim DLC and I've owned the vanilla version of skyrim since launch...can I buy the legendary version for £6.79 just to get the DLC to go with my existing copy/ save game or do I have to buy the DLC pack separately to go with my existing vanilla skyrim in my libary? I don't really want to pay more for the DLC separately if I can avoid it.

I might go for Age of Empires II as well as the screenshots remind me of Caesar III, which I loved.

Well, it's nothing at all like Caesar III, being an RTS rather than a city-builder, so I would be wary of letting your love of the one game influence your decision to buy the other.

• Upvote 1

I've been hankering after the skyrim DLC and I've owned the vanilla version of skyrim since launch...can I buy the legendary version for £6.79 just to get the DLC to go with my existing copy/ save game or do I have to buy the DLC pack separately to go with my existing vanilla skyrim in my libary? I don't really want to pay more for the DLC separately if I can avoid it.

I only had Vanilla Skyrim so just bought the Legendary edition and it's just added all the DLC to my game for about £7 cheaper than buying them individually.

• Upvote 1

I'm 99% sure that's what it does

• Upvote 1

Gutted King of Fighters XIII didn't go on sale; that's probably the game I want most. The Steam version apparently is a lot more stable online than on 360.

It'll probably still pop up in a flash sale, right?

• Upvote 1

Well, it's nothing at all like Caesar III, being an RTS rather than a city-builder, so I would be wary of letting your love of the one game influence your decision to buy the other.

This is the Steam sale, what has actually playing got to do with anything?

• Upvote 1

Stanley Parable is amazing. As soon as I reached that point I was smiling from beginning to end. Tempted by Terraria, but I already own it on the 360 and have played it to death on that, though the PC version has extra stuff. And also tempted by Gnomoria, apparently a Dwarf Fortress with graphics.

Anyone fancy buying £20 of Steam credit for £17? I have more than I need (hopefully). I would post this in the for sale section but I figure it's the most relevant here :P

In other news, I posted this over in the Random Game Video thread but felt like this vid deserved more attention as it's not just about Phil as it is about 'us'.

From GB:

Whatever you think of Phil Fish, watch this video. It's the first time I've included a video essay in this portion of Worth Reading, so far as I know. I welcome this change of page. When we talk about Phil Fish, are we actually talking about Phil Fish? That's what Ian Danskin's essay poses as its big question, and tries to break down the machinations behind and consequences of Internet celebrity. I never thought I'd watch a video that forced me to deeply think about why people hate Nickleback, but, hey, there you go.

• Upvote 2

Planet Explorers is my game of the sale

Missed it in the Flash sale but hopefully it'll come up again at the end (don't they usually do that?).

Should really have taken a better look at it.

So far I've bought Skyrim Legendary Edition (had it on PS3 but then my PS3 died and got it on 360 but not played it), Banished and Lyne (49p puzzle game).