Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

I would be interested in Battlefield 3 if available. By no means a regular on this thread but I have gifted a fair few games to people in the thread.

also, how are you guys getting these keys?

Humble bundle, I think thread/forum regular is probably a fairer description, PM sent.

Sent, who would have thought of the day when people are racing to give away BF3 codes.

While we are on the topic of origin, does anyone know if it is possible to merge 2 accounts? I seem to have 2, both with games on.

Looks like it's possible so long you can prove you own both accounts, log in and get CD keys etc. If you go through a few options on the support page you can get to the option for live chat which should be able to sort you out. This is another area where Origin is strong, the online support can be really good.

Maybe the reports of GFWL are greatly exaggerated, or at the very least MS' interest in PC gaming. They've just picked up Valves former director of business development for Steam, Jason Holtman, who left in the recent round of lay-offs. His focus at MS is said to be PC gaming and entertainment strategy.

anyone else wondering why they bothered buying the Humble Origin Bundle? It's free in this thread! (only kidding, although given my bank went anti-fraud mental and made it a lot of work to buy, I could've had an easier time)

Maybe the reports of GFWL are greatly exaggerated, or at the very least MS' interest in PC gaming. They've just picked up Valves former director of business development for Steam, Jason Holtman, who left in the recent round of lay-offs. His focus at MS is said to be PC gaming and entertainment strategy.

Mission: find whoever thought GFWL was ever a good idea for the consumer and make them log in to do absolutely everything in their life, buying food, opening doors, going to bed. Make them change their password every 20 minutes too. Make them do this for the rest of their life.

Steam codes, hot Steam codes, get your fresh Steam codes here (well, and some Origin codes too..)

Dead Space (Steam) - gone
Medal of Honor (Steam) - gone
Mirror's Edge (Steam) - gone
Dead Space (Origin)
Burnout Paradise Ultimate (Origin)
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) - gone
Medal of Honor (Origin)
Mirror's Edge (Origin)

PM If you want something off there. Thread regulars may receive preference when dishing out codes.

While we are on the topic of origin, does anyone know if it is possible to merge 2 accounts? I seem to have 2, both with games on.

Very good question, and funny you should ask because I had to do this about 6 months ago. I had created two Origin accounts by accident using two different email addresses. I had bought Battlefield 3 on one account and went and bought the Battlefield 3 Premium pack on the other! DUH.

I actually used their Live Chat service, gave them all the verification information they needed, and they transferred the Battlefield 3 Premium code to my other account. The person on the line had to get a supervisor to do it, and from memory it took me a couple of attempts to get someone who actually knew that they could do this. Thinking about it, I might have actually had to call their US call centre in order to get someone who could do this. But anyway... it can be done.

I'm not sure the license will carry it against LoL and DOTA 2.

However, if there was a Skylanders or Disney or LEGO characters "young person's" MOBA, that would be excellent. You've got your bedroom and your sibling's bedroom and the aim is to make it over there and kick down their LEGO tower.. yay!

That Space Hulk game is out today, but I haven't been able to find any pre-release impressions on it. Would be nice to hear it's a triumph so I can go ahead and preorder/download it, but I'm leery of adding yet another barely-played game to the Pile of Shame...

Of course, I could just wait for it to come out and see what people think of it, but I might get hit by a bus before then.

Daily Deal: Two Worlds Collection £5.99

Weekend Deal: Red Faction Collection £5.99, Guerrilla £2.99, Armageddon £2.99, RF £0.99, RF2 £0.99

Weekend Deal: Kalypso Weekend, up to 75% off everything.

As part of the upcoming Xbox 360 system update, Microsoft Points will be retired, and the Xbox.com PC marketplace will be closed as of August 22, 2013. We encourage you to spend your Microsoft Points balance prior to this change. Although you will not be able to purchase new games, you can continue to enjoy previously purchased content by downloading them through the Games for Windows LIVE client software as usual. More information is available here: http://support.xbox.com/pc/pc-marketplace-closing

Source

I pre-purchased Space Hulk earlier and now i can't seem to work out how to install it.

I've tried the game page and right clicking on the game in my libary and checking my account summary :(

Sorry for what is probably a noob question but i've never pre-purchased before.