Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

By the by, if anyone wants to play a bit of Street Fighter having bought it in the sale then just let me know - will give me a chance to use all the costumes I foolishly purchased but don't have on Xbox!

Ha, I did the same. The PC is in the same room as the 360 as well so I'll probably hardly play it. I'm slavestate on Steam though if anyone does catch me when I boot it up just to look at the pretty costumes.

Sale damage so far:

Trine 2

SSFIV

Alan Wake

Alice: Madness Returns

About £25. There's still over a week to go. :wacko:

'Damage' so far:

• Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb - €0,74 (can't go wrong with a bit more of Isaac's trials and tribulations!)
  • Edge, Trine 2 - €6,73 (will be stuck in library limbo for a while, and the pile just keeps on rising)
  • Defense Grid: The Awakening and DLC - €3,49 (played it for a couple of minutes but then minutes turned into hours and hours turned into days and then weeks went by... Well not yet but I can tell it's already addictive as a motherfucker!)

Fun fact! My hundredth library entry turned out to cost a meager 74 cents. Kekeke. :)

Sorry if I've already missed a discussion of this, but From Dust appears to force you to register and log into Ubisoft's shitty U Play service in order to play the game, which obviously I have no intention of doing. Still, at least I can now pirate it with a clear conscience, having bought it.

I don't know what to do! You flipping bastards going on about how good a deal the Max Payne 3 thing is! and Alan Wake as well!

How do I have before I need to make a decison - these deals are running for 36 hours aren't they?

The Alan Wake deal finishes in just over an hour, and you'd be crazy to not grab it! The franchise pack is an incredibly good deal.

That said, I bet the best selling deals will appear again on the final day, at least that's what has happened in the past sales.

6am for Max Payne and 4pm for Alan Wake, so you could spend all afternoon and evening fretting, do I don't I and, no doubt get a bad nights sleep because of it. Or do the sensible thing buy now and have a restful nights sleep, not only are you buying great games at great prices but you'll also get a good nights sleep, it's like a double bargain.

I've never played any of the Assassin's Creed games, are they all fairly good or are there any you can give a miss? It's £40 for

Assassin's Creed Director's Cut Edition

Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Assassin's Creed Revelations plus all DLC

I've never played any of the Assassin's Creed games, are they all fairly good or are there any you can give a miss? It's £40 for

Assassin's Creed Director's Cut Edition

Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Assassin's Creed Revelations plus all DLC

The first one is the one to skip if you're not bothered about playing all of them. It's fun for a while but very repetitive. AC2 is great. I've not played the other two yet but I think the general consensus is that Brotherhood is fantastic and the Revelations is merely 'alright'.

Personally I'd say you can give the first one a miss.

They're so regularly discounted in general that you could easily just get AC2 and see if you like it, then pick up the others at a later date.

edit: the consensus tends to be that Brotherhood is great and Revelations is a step down, but I really enjoyed both of them and don't understand why Revelations is more poorly thought of.

I couldn't get into the first one really and most people would say you can skip it but Assassin's Creed 2 is fantastic. I'd highly recommend AC2 to everyone, also the games look fantastic on the PC and don't seem too demanding.

If you've not played them before and are only getting one, make it AC2. Brotherhood and Revelations are great but apart from new locations don't really do much different to AC2, so the formula gets a bit tired. I found it with Brotherhood more, guess much similar location and I didn't play it that long after AC2. I still really enjoyed them both and they're worth playing, but I wouldn't recommend planning to play through the whole series in one go.

I would say the bundle is expensive, I got the first two for a couple of pounds each. So if they don't come down any more I'd probably suggest just get AC2, then look to get the others cheaper at a later date.

I'm only interested in grabbing Bioshock 2 to play the Minerva's Den DLC, but the DLC doesn't seem to be available to buy on Steam? :blink: I thought it'd be discounted too.

Be warned then. If you buy Bioshock 2 'purchase' the free add on for Bioshock 2 and try to install it before shelling out for Minerva's Den. You may find that you can purchase and download the DLC using the Games for Windows live client only to find that the damn thing won't connect to your online profile thus blocking you from your DLC. If you download the free DLC first at least you won't be out of pocket if it doesn't work.

Be warned then. If you buy Bioshock 2 'purchase' the free add on for Bioshock 2 and try to install it before shelling out for Minerva's Den. You may find that you can purchase and download the DLC using the Games for Windows live client only to find that the damn thing won't connect to your online profile thus blocking you from your DLC. If you download the free DLC first at least you won't be out of pocket if it doesn't work.

lol - not gonna bother.

Vote, Portal 2, L4D2 and HL2 all 75%

Flash, Ys Origin £5.19 (6hrs) and BRINK £3.74 (8hrs)

Good to see BRINK actually as that lost a vote the other day, so suggests we can still get deals on games that don't win. Also HL2 was a flash deal yesterday, so might be the same group of games for these deals.

I'm giving my 13 year old nephew my old PC for his birthday, and because the sale is on I was going to load it with a few cheap PC games that he'd like. What I didn't count on was that Steam doesn't seem to want to install until I put a genuine Windows 7 key in, it keeps telling me about access and stuff (even though I have admin account etc).

Add to that I think the HDD might not be as stable as I thought and this relatively cheap pressie (thought about £50 with a new DVD drive and some games) looks like setting me back £200. Buggerwank.

Great link, thanks. Worryingly though, my laptop comes just under the minimum spec for Binding of Isaac which I bought yesterday, so for something like Alice (which isn't in the list on that site) I presume I'm buggered?

I found that systemrequirements wasn't as reliable with newer pcs as it was a few years back. Lots of games that my laptop 'can't play' have been fine on it (the Witcher, and Grimrock for example). I'm not sure why that would be though. In those two cases I downloaded the demos and checked them out first. Isaac is an odd one as there are people with crazy systems complaining that it doesn't run very well and yet on my cheapy laptop it's fine.

tl;dr try and get demos cos your laptop may run more than the link thinks it can.