IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Hello :)

I seem to remember someone in here mentioning a program that 'fools' Steam into thinking that some installed games are in the normal X:/steam/steamapps/common folder when in fact they're somewhere else, even on another drive. Was this real or was it something I dreamed?

Not that my 1Tb internal only has 70Gb free and I need to move some games to C:

Might be of interest if you live in or close to Brighton, Eurogamer and RPS will be running a PC and indie games show at the Brighton Centre 6/7th July, called Rezzed.

They have Creative Assembly and The Indie Stone down for developer talks with more coming, tournaments with games such as Quake 2. Sounds pretty good, shame I don't live anywhere close.

Rage is shite at any price :D Nah, I suppose I'd pay that and not feel short changed.

Always one! ;)

It's far from perfect, the final bit is awful and feels incredibly rushed, but the rest is really good fun, and the weapons are amazing. The shotgun is one of the best shotguns in any game since Doom, and the Wing Sticks are stupidly satisfying to use.

Yeah, I recall gerbik really liking it too. I really did try to like it, played it for 13 hours desperately trying to enjoy it. Terrible game in my opinion.

Gerbik would kick your ass for saying that :D He's also got no taste and didn't like it very much either ;):P

One of the best FPS this generation and yes I really mean that. Pity they've been dilly dallying over the mod tools for so long. If they've canned them they could at least say! (though apparently they haven't)

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Yeah, I recall gerbik really liking it too.

HELL NO

This what I said:

A terrible console port from id Software of all people. While the id-Tech 5 engine impresses on consoles, keeping a solid 60fps while chucking pretty decent graphics at you, the game looks terrible on PC compared to the vast majority of PC games released from 2007 onwards. The incredibly low-res textures are straight out of the 90s and completely ruin any creative freedom the MegaTexture technology might have given the game artists in theory. iD simply threw a whole mess of gameplay ideas that they assumed would make for a relevant and popular game in 2011 together into a blender and Rage was the unimpressive blandness that drooped out. Each of the gameplay elements is mediocre at best which results in a mediocre game that is less than the sum of its parts. Makes you wonder whether id is still relevant in this day and age and how Doom 4 will turn out as it uses the same disappointing id-Tech 5.

Gah, fucking knew I'd pick the wrong one!

I always get the two mr's confused. You were both pc gamers and both called mister and both nice to me when everyone else was giving me wedgies so you kind of combined into this one entity in my mind :D

I'm probably borderline autistic the amount I go on about fov so I wouldn't take it personally :lol:

I did make a mental note to come at it fresh and give it another chance somewhere down the line. I know how it feels when I say "brink was the best game of 2011" and everyone just laughs even though it's cold hard fact :D

I liked Brink too. It had a lot of problems and quite frankly they released it faaaaaaaaar too early, something a proper beta could have sorted out. But with some tweaks and a few other things it could have been a cracking game. Unfortunately it all just went to shit. It was such a missed opportunity, the core for something truly great was already there damnit.

Cryostatis is one for me, the one I always declare to be GotY 2009 and one of the PC-exclusive experiences available while everyone just goes 'wtf dude'. But I don't care, I know I'm right and I know it's a brilliant game :D

You've got my vote good sir. Cryostasis is fucking amazing. I near soiled myself when certain enemies came out of nowhere for the first time.

Midweek Deal: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning £20.09, Legend of Dead Kel £4.68, collection including LoDK and the new DLC £26.79

Seems quite soon to be getting a sale. I enjoyed it, has good combat and some lovely zones but I did find it started to drag a bit towards the end. Also the lore and story is very generic, after all the talk of bringing in proper fantasy writers and monster designers I couldn't see what they did. I thought the PC Gamer review did a pretty good job of summing up how I felt. It's a fun and large game but don't expect anything ground breaking, there's also the dead eyes of all the characters and awful voice acting.

That doesn't really sound that positive but it was a very enjoyable game for 50hrs odd of the 60 it took me to complete. I think the problem is I'm a little jaded after those final 10hrs which I was intent on completing before I moved on to my next game, would have been better served by taking a break then coming back to finish it.

The DLC seems to have been well received, so the collection which also includes the DLC released today seems a good deal.

I know ill get negbombed in the Dark Souls thread for posting PC tech stuff, so ill stick it here, but it seems like the port of Dark Souls is gonna be a bit of a hatchet job:

http://www.rockpaper...repare-to-sigh/

VG247 has just run a slightly dispiriting dev interview/feature on the subject of brutal RPG Dark Souls’ community-demanded PC version and… well, while we remain the lightest of souls about the fact it’s happening at all, the news isn’t quite what we’d hoped for. As well as the exasperating, bewildering matter of it including Microsoft e’er-temperamental Games For Windows Live matchmaking/copy-protection, it sounds as if this will be a straight source without many, if any, PC-standard bells and whistles applied. Details, plus screens’n'vid, are below IF YOU DARE.

The interface won’t be redone, keyboard and mouse support will be minimal so gamepads are heavily recommended, and there won’t be new graphics settings. From Software producer Hidetaka Miyazaki is paraphrased as saying the game being “a straight port” was publisher Namco’s decision.

Apparently, itll be locked 30FPS @720p. Hopefully just a mistranslation or mistake. I havent seen a game in years thats locked its resolution. I just want a decent port :(

Why would anyone get rage when bullet storm was on offer not a few months ago. Keep your cash and spend it on grimrock instead.

Ah Rage wasnt a bad game, just a disappointing one. If it had had better textures, the graphics whore in me wouldve been perfectly happy with it. Those ass ugly low res textures meant i spent half the game just wishing it looked better. Gameplaywise, it was fun if uninspired. A missed opportunity, but for 5 quid, worth it.

Rage and Bulletstorm aren't even comparable though as games as they aim for very different things. Rage is an arcade shooter with a much more satisfying shooter core, enemy animations and meaty weapons whilst Bulletstorm is more score attack orientated with its variety of ways in killing things, its leash etc. They are both great games for very different reasons.