IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere, but I've been following the Rebellion twitter feed and they're saying encouraging things about the upcoming PC version of Sniper Elite V2! First of all, they specifically said that they made the decision to self-publish the PC version because they're big PC fans. This meant that they had to get the console demos out first due to publisher agreements on those platforms, but the PC demo is coming soon - definitely before the game is out. They're not only promising regular updates and additions for the PC version, but also a TDM mode! This mode is exclusive to PC and apparently for some reason, self-publishing the game allowed them to do this. Hopefully this also a sign of Sniper Elite V2 not turning out to be a straightforward (or lazy, if you will) console port but we shall see soon enough once the demo hits. The game itself seems pretty great either way from playing the PS3 demo!

Could you send them a tweet Gerbik asking if the levels will be much more open in the final game compared to the demo ? I'm guessing they are but hey it doesn't hurt to ask :D

As for the whole Scan thing I've been on about, I rang them up and they told me they had run Crysis 2 benchmarks and MSI Kombuster and said they had no problems. Either they are outright lying to me or the card miraculously worked fine for them. Had to pay £24 testing fees and shall be getting it back next week.

Could you send them a tweet Gerbik asking if the levels will be much more open in the final game compared to the demo ? I'm guessing they are but hey it doesn't hurt to ask :D

Done, No guarantee that they'll bother responding, of course. :)

They replied! Check it out:

@Rebellion are the levels in the full game more open than the demo? Or is it a fair representation?

@Mister_Gerbik It varies level to level.

Which sounds great as far as I'm concerned!

Is Steam working as intended for everyone else? I just purchased a 4pack of Shoot Many Robots, my copy was installed briefly after the purchase but the extra three copies are nowhere to be found.

Is this something that happens? I mean, does it take some time for gifts to show up on Steam?

Is Steam working as intended for everyone else? I just purchased a 4pack of Shoot Many Robots, my copy was installed briefly after the purchase but the extra three copies are nowhere to be found.

Is this something that happens? I mean, does it take some time for gifts to show up on Steam?

Nothing showing in Games - > Manage Gifts and Game Passes ?

Btw. Would anyone here be interested in a Digital Copy (Standard Edt.) of Star Wars: The Old Republic?

I'd love to swap my spare key (when I bought it, I got two copies, for some reason the order form was sent twice and the cunts at EA won't refund it) for a Steam game.

Any of the games on my Steam Wishlist would be ok.

Nothing showing in Games - > Manage Gifts and Game Passes ?

Nope, the entire screen is blank, and looks kinda buggy, tbh.

EDIT: Now I got this error message:

Sorry

The Steam Community is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

Error 503 Service Unavailable

XID: 622664732

Seems like it's borked.

I've played Trapped Dead over the last couple of nights and would consider recommending it to anyone who is a BIG fan of all things zombie related. It's ultimately a pretty average game with a terrible story and terrible voice acting but y'know.. Zombies!

The most enthusiastic non-recommendation I've ever seen! :hat:

The most enthusiastic lukewarm recommendation I've ever seen! :hat:

Heh, well I've been playing through it and know very well that it's ultimately a bit of a rubbish game. But anything with zombies is instantly made a teeny bit better by default.

I just couldn't possibly recommend it to anyone who was thinking it might actually be okay unless they were a huge fan of the zeds.

In case anyone's wondering for future reference (I.e. when it's discounted to death in the next sale), Gotham City Imposters is a really fun, light-hearted, polished, multiplayer FPS. Lots and lots of customisation, and piles of unlockable content.

Brilliant fun.

Has anyone ever connected their PC to a plasma tv ? I'm looking to get a new tv later this year and was always under the impression that LCD/LED was the way to go but I'm unsure of what to go for. I keep hearing how great the Panasonic plasmas are with low input lag etc but I guess I'm worried about screen burn in etc. The tv won't be used as purely a monitor or anything but just switched to when playing games etc. Just wondering what peoples experiences are with hooking their PCs up to their tvs.

I don't know about the plasma issues but can say Panasonic LCD/LED TVs are also great for low input lag. I have a Panasonic LED and it's great as far as that goes for PC and console gaming, been very happy with it.

It is a nightmare trying to find info on input lag for TVs, spent so long researching it. I did ask someone in Currys about a Samsung I was looking at, didn't have a clue told me there's no such thing then the Samsung is great and changes channels really quickly. :lol:

It is a nightmare trying to find info on input lag for TVs, spent so long researching it. I did ask someone in Currys about a Samsung I was looking at, didn't have a clue told me there's no such thing then the Samsung is great and changes channels really quickly. :lol:

Oh man, tell me about it. It utterly exhausted me looking for a new t.v as the reviews would be glowing until 'but it's not great for gaming due to the input lag, it's still ok though' and when I checked said lag it was much higher than my 26" Samsung LCD which is over six years old! I gave up in the end, spent the money on other stuff and will go back to it all when I have the patience, I think.

Daily Deal: James Bond: Blood Stone £7.49

I'd been waiting for a deal on this as I've read it's pretty fun, but a few pounds was more my level. I've actually been quite good this year at holding off on buying deals and games in general, have been making good progress on my backlog.

I found a new calculator which I don't think has been mentioned, but instead of just basing it on the current prices it also gives a figure based on previous sale prices. Obviously it's still out, as most will buy a mixture and then things like indie bundles inflate the price, but it does seem to be a better approximation of what I have spent. So with rough figures the average sale price of my games is £3.56 which doesn't seem so far out and with my playtime it works out as about 40p and hour, not bad value this PC gaming.

AppleInsider reports that Apple CEO Tim Cook paid a visit today to the the headquarters of Valve, the video game firm behind the Steam digital distribution platform and a number of popular PC and Mac games. While the purpose of Cook's visit is unknown, his presence at the company's headquarters in Bellevue, Washington suggests that it may have been of some importance potentially relating to collaboration between the two companies.

valve_logo.jpg

Just over two years ago, Valve made a splash by leaking a set of teaser images toMacRumors and other Apple and gaming sites revealing that it would be bringing its Steam game distribution platform and a number of its own titles to the Mac platform. Steam for Mac launched in May 2010 with over 60 titles, and Valve now offers over a dozen of its own games for Mac through the store.

Earlier this year, Valve released a Steam companion app for iOS, allowing users to browse the Steam marketplace and even purchase games for later download and play on a PC or Mac.

It is unclear just what Apple and Valve might come up with in terms of an expanded collaboration if one is in the works, including whether it would extend in some form to iOS or remain limited to gaming on the Mac platform. Valve has been rumored to be working on its own hardware offerings related to Steam services, and the company has just posted job openings related to hardware engineering for such projects.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/04/13/apple-ceo-tim-cook-visits-headquarters-of-video-game-firm-valve/