IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

38 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Abriss

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1671480/ABRISS__build_to_destroy/

Really cool build and destroy game. You have to build up towers on a platform that then tumble and crash into strutures in order to destroy them. Imagine Besiege, but with a diorama style level system. 

I've seen loads of spectacular gifs of that on Twitter without having any idea how the actual game works!

1 hour ago, Mallet said:

There is a great sale on the xcom games at the moment, xcom 2 is £2:10, 94% off.

Amazing deal, also £5.59 with War of the Chosen, which just reminds me I should go back and complete it at some point.

Had a go on Neon White.

It's a tiny bit of typical anime cringe, but good lord does it play well for a platformer FPS - I haven't had that much fun in a momentum-based first person thing since Verlet Swing, and it's well presented (at least, from what I can see in 720p-o-vision while using the Linux box. Which worked right out the gate with the latest Proton, btw).

Perfect for deck, obv (and considering it was announced on the switch ages back, it'll probably turn up somewhere in the GOTY 22 presentation)

Tiny Combat Arena is out in early access. Lovely wee retro flight sim by Microprose, I bought it purely based on the presentation - flat shaded polygons 🥰

Currently 30% off at just over a tenner.

Grand Mountain Adventure has a demo available, lovely overhead(ish) ski / snowboard game. Reminds me a fair bit of that mountain bike game on Gamepass (sorry can’t remember the name). Well worth a go.

Yeah I really liked it and am looking forward to the PC version. A quick blast in the demo had me sold that it ports well. 

Also Race Condition was a fun demo but not sure it will sustain it for a full game.

I’ve just had a shot of Race Condition, it’s not quite what I was hoping for, I prefer the look and handling of Formula Retro Racing and Hotshot Racing. One I’ll be keeping an eye on though. 

Another one I’ve had a quick shot of is Tankocracy. It reminded me of Return Fire on the 3DO, but without Ride of the Valkyries. Quite good fun!

Far: Lone Sails Changing Tides is a nice demo so far, obscure but gentle stuff appeals to me. And now it's on Game Pass!

Grand Mountain Adventure still looks as homebrew indie as ever and still has a pretty lovely feel to the controls to go along with it, switching from touch to pad has worked well I think. 

I tried out Brew Barons hoping for a bit of a Crimson Skies vibe. The flying seems a bit more rudimentary than that, maybe because it's defaulting to mouse and keyboard. Not sure I can be arsed with all the crafting and business stuff, thought that would be a little side thing but it is probably the focus. 

Doing my usual trick of playing dozens of demos to fill up my wishlist (I have a pathologic need to know about for too many indie games). Writing up very short reactions for Twitter but there are some real gems this time. Mainly posting this to alert @Mr. Gerbikto Winter Ember. Plays like a top down Dishonored or Thief. Skip past the animated intro that is a very different artstyle and there's a game that could be pretty special.

6 hours ago, earlymodernsteve said:

Doing my usual trick of playing dozens of demos to fill up my wishlist (I have a pathologic need to know about for too many indie games). Writing up very short reactions for Twitter but there are some real gems this time. Mainly posting this to alert @Mr. Gerbikto Winter Ember. Plays like a top down Dishonored or Thief. Skip past the animated intro that is a very different artstyle and there's a game that could be pretty special.

Dishonored/Thief? I'm in!!! Thanks man, very much appreciated :D

edit: also coming out on Xbox - yoink! (Edit: the full game not the demo)

Sorry if this has been answered before but  searching finds nothing. 

The Steam library is messing with the OCD portion of my ADHD. The games that are no longer active in steam don't have full cover art. Is there a way I can add custom art for those games...

So

Aaru's Awakening

Adventures of Shuggy

Advetureezator When Pigs Fly

Aero's Quest

In the example below.

image.thumb.png.65a235cc4db4c33718164866e09558a6.png

• 1 month later...

Odd problem, that I can't find a solution to...

image.thumb.png.04f878ec9cd0dccf07aaa9c234b113ef.png

The games in this list* are all in my library, but I cannot remove them from my wishlist. I have tried doing the following...

1. Clicking the remove link above 'Add to Cart' (Client, Browser and Mobiled app)
2. Adding to cart and removing from wishlist by the down arrow button above the price of each
3. Where possible deselecting 'wishlist' from store page.

What happens is, they get removed until I refresh the page, or go back in again later.

Any suggestions on how to remove them?

*I moved all to the bottom of my wishlist to keep them organised. 

Slightly Steam-related but not; Bethesda is going to retire their launcher, but they're going to give users the chance to migrate purchases to Steam. Worth a look if you have a few games stranded on one launcher...

We’re saying goodbye to the Bethesda.net Launcher this year. We would like to thank you for your support and assure you that all of your games are safe. If you’re not playing PC games through the Bethesda.net launcher then your work is done here. Thanks for reading! If you do have games through the Bethesda.net launcher, don’t worry. Starting on April 27 you’ll be able to migrate your games and Wallet to your Steam account. 

https://www.bethesda.net/en/article/2RXxG1y000NWupPalzLblG/sunsetting-the-bethesda-net-launcher-and-migrating-to-steam

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Dark Soldier said:

EVERYONE PLAY PEGLIN ITS SO GOOD THANKS

Early access so needs a bit of polish and some more content but the core gameplay loop is magic. It's described as Slay the Spire meets Peggle and that's fair in my view, certainly scratches both itches for me.

Been playing some Line War, which came out a few days ago. Interesting concept and the focus on less APM/more strategy is appealing to my ageing, admittedly rubbish at RTS self. They’ve taken some flak due to a lack of any sort of single player outside of the sandbox mode, but they have given a fairly extensive explanation about this. I’m quite happy to support a small dev team (2 people) trying something different for the price of a couple of fancy coffees.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1309610/Line_War/

• 4 weeks later...

I've stuck a thread up in the Bargains folder, but it seems sensible to mention it in here too; Dontnod adventure game Tell Me Why is currently free on Steam (amongst other platforms). As an added bonus, it's a solid game! It's an interesting murder mystery which tackles a difficult subject with surprising sensitivity; I enjoyed playing it from start to finish, and if you like your dialogue-heavy adventure games, you probably will too.

Also, Edge gave it a 5/10, so you know it's good.

https://www.tellmewhygame.com/pride-month-2022/

• 2 weeks later...