Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

I kept seeing Tiny Thor in the banner adverts and it has that lovely 16bit look but I wasn't going to even try the demo because I've been disappointed in the past. But then I saw this in the description.

a pumping soundtrack by Chris Hülsbeck.

I was in and I'm glad I tried it. It feels very much like a late life Amiga platformer, but one of the good ones!

TinyThorBugBounce.gif?t=1623965165

TinyThorBeeline.gif?t=1623965165

I just spent a couple of hours playing Lake and while I found it weirdly compelling I'm a bit uneasy about why I found it compelling.

It's set in the mid 80's. You play Meredith Weiss, a computer programmer in the city who's taken a two week break to a rural town to cover your father's postal rounds.

It's essentially a dialogue/character driven narrative game where you deliver mail and catch up with various people.

It's incredibly chill and very nostalgic. This is the sort of American lakeside town you'd see in shows like Murder She Wrote or Northern Exposure, the sort that doesn't really exist in real life. So while I found it relaxing to do mail runs and make chit chat part of me couldn't enjoy it as the fantasy it is because of the niggling questions. Like how does her father afford a house like that on his salary? Or the knowledge that in real life delivery jobs aren't this laid back.

Anyway I'm glad games like this exist, it feels a lot like the pitch was "what if you could live in Life is Strange's Arcadia Bay but you're not the main character, you're just a postie?"

Pretty generous as a demo as well, I ended up playing it for almost 90 minutes.

Spire of Sorcery - Enjoyed this, I've not played anything quite like it before. Each individual mechanic isn't anything new really but the way it all comes together is nice. Thank god for the quality tutorial because there is a lot to take in at once. Wishlisted it but don't think I'll be jumping in day one. Seems like a game with masses of depth and choices to make.

Synthetik 2 - Not too impressed with this one. The basic twin stick shooter mechanics seem ok, but nothing more. I'd describe it as no more than average, with nothing to make it stand out.

4 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

I just spent a couple of hours playing Lake and while I found it weirdly compelling I'm a bit uneasy about why I found it compelling.

It's set in the mid 80's. You play Meredith Weiss, a computer programmer in the city who's taken a two week break to a rural town to cover your father's postal rounds.

It's essentially a dialogue/character driven narrative game where you deliver mail and catch up with various people.

It's incredibly chill and very nostalgic. This is the sort of American lakeside town you'd see in shows like Murder She Wrote or Northern Exposure, the sort that doesn't really exist in real life. So while I found it relaxing to do mail runs and make chit chat part of me couldn't enjoy it as the fantasy it is because of the niggling questions. Like how does her father afford a house like that on his salary? Or the knowledge that in real life delivery jobs aren't this laid back.

Anyway I'm glad games like this exist, it feels a lot like the pitch was "what if you could live in Life is Strange's Arcadia Bay but you're not the main character, you're just a postie?"

I'm loving this. The video shop is the best place ever.

Spoiler

Untitled.thumb.png.55d436394a4c755bd54217b04f1d90e5.png

18 hours ago, Siri said:

Agent 64, however - made by one guy, extremely low rent unity clone of Rare/FRD console shooters. You know what? I had a huge grin on my face playing it, because despite how basic it looked, it played just like how I remembered Timesplitters and the 360 ports of PD/GE. I'd love to see more of it.

This is a good shout. Just one short level to the demo but it's pretty cool. Reminded me of the screenshots of n64 games you used to see in magazines sometimes before the game game out and it didn't quite look the same on release. Remember the mission impossible renders? haha

5 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

It's unfortunate that you aren't able to separate reality from the game, but this description has got me very interested in this now. There's definitely a slice of small-town, leafy Americana which tv shows like Murder She Wrote/Stranger Things/Eerie Indiana tap into - there's a certain 'feel' to them which I can't articulate, but I really like it and this sounds like it could be a very relaxed experience, so thanks!

54 minutes ago, Gabe said:

It's unfortunate that you aren't able to separate reality from the game, but this description has got me very interested in this now. There's definitely a slice of small-town, leafy Americana which tv shows like Murder She Wrote/Stranger Things/Eerie Indiana tap into - there's a certain 'feel' to them which I can't articulate, but I really like it and this sounds like it could be a very relaxed experience, so thanks!

It's a genuinely lovely game so far and exactly what I needed right now. The full game is getting bought. Playing as a side character in a Life is Strange game is such a great description.

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

There's definitely a slice of small-town, leafy Americana which tv shows like Murder She Wrote/Stranger Things/Eerie Indiana tap into - there's a certain 'feel' to them which I can't articulate, but I really like it and this sounds like it could be a very relaxed experience, so thanks!

Would you put Twin Peaks in that category of TV? And have you tried the Deadly Premonition games?

I also like the sound of Lake. It sounds like the kind of propaganda the Americans imagine in their minds when someone screams MAGA.

7 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

So while I found it relaxing to do mail runs and make chit chat part of me couldn't enjoy it as the fantasy it is because of the niggling questions.

When playing, do you ever think to yourself, basically the whole of America is built upon stolen land, and that 250 years ago those forests and that lake would have been inhabited by indigenous people, who have long since been herded onto reservations? (Just planting a little seed.)

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

Would you put Twin Peaks in that category of TV? And have you tried the Deadly Premonition games? 

I've not seen Twin Peaks nor played Deadly Premonition (despite owning it), but it's not the supernatural/eerie aspect, more the tree-lined streets, picket fences, all shops being mom-and-pop types places etc. I guess an equivalent of blue sky gaming?

1 hour ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

It's a genuinely lovely game so far and exactly what I needed right now. The full game is getting bought. Playing as a side character in a Life is Strange game is such a great description.

Yeah, I'm not going to try the demo as I want to go in fresh when I get it, but that is a description that sells it (despite the fact I hated Life is Strange.) 

16 hours ago, Gabe said:

I've not seen Twin Peaks nor played Deadly Premonition (despite owning it), but it's not the supernatural/eerie aspect, more the tree-lined streets, picket fences, all shops being mom-and-pop types places etc. I guess an equivalent of blue sky gaming?

Sort of like the Steel Magnolias of games? Or the Wonder Years? Yeah, I know what you mean. That slice-of-life Urban Americana.

Also, since I am in a Steam thread, has anyone else been following this Blast Corps style game? Five years now and all we have is an amazing demo. I want it released! Apparently it's done, he's just polishing it.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=659830464

Out of the demos I've played so far:

Renaine

Everyone, play this game.  It's top of the list for a reason.  2D platformer, lovely pixel art, the controls and combat are really good.  Getting Undertale vibes from the characters and maybe some of the crumbs of story.  The OST gets a special mention as it goes way harder than it has any right to.  Wonderful demo, even goads you by saying there is a secret if you do everything in the demo.  When I'm laughing at the very appearance of a boss's attacks, I tend to be onto a winner.

Tiny Thor

As mentioned above, this is also a 2D platformer that concentrates more on the platforming over the wackiness of Renaine.  It is also bloody good.  Doesn't pull any punches from the start as I think some of those starting jumps are tight.  Hammer is glorious, didn't realise it would just keep bouncing till you pressed the button to recall it.

Agent 64

Recommended by resident Path of Exlie addict Siri, this...play like Goldeneye.  I have no idea if manual aiming is in but this play exactly like Goldeneye.  Go round a corner, let the auto-aim do what it needs to.  Enemies come running, gun them down...it's Goldeneye.  It is a short demo yes, and it has the best texture (yes, singular) on a helicopter I've ever seen but that's part of the charm.

Goblin Stone

Copy+of+%5B8%5D+combatAction_4.png?forma

It's Darkest Dungeon with goblins (yes, even down to the narrator).  Managed to lose 4/6 of mine on the first boss.  Looks gorgeous, and combat seems to have some Grandia style turn delay stuff which I'm all over.  I think they might be going for something a bit less harsh than DD but it is still pretty tough.  Getting the ability that does extra damage when someone is bleeding to hit gives BIG NUMBERS so I'm sold.

Severed Steel

Cross between Superhot and Ghostrunner.  If you have played either of those you will know that is a very good thing.  I did seem to be leaping all over the shop but I am terrible at both those games.

Unbeatable

Rhythm game I played for five mins.  It is just two buttons, high and low.  Only the game throws in stuff you have to jump over with the high button.  Brain couldn't comprehend not just making it a note or adding an extra button, so not for me.

Len's Island

Might go back to it, seems to be some kind of survival Diablo thing.  Only you have to keep clicking on a tree to chop it down, you cannot just hold the button like every other game ever mind.  If Minecraft does it and you don't, you probably fucked up.

Terra Nil

Was expecting some kind of chill eco city builder, it seems more like a puzzle game.  Once you are out of building points you either have to restart or hope you are onto the next section of the demo, I had to attempt it 3 times as I don't think so good.  It isn't bad at all, just not what I was looking for.

They Always Run

I'm 50/50 on this one.  Looks good, the platformer can feel fluid and fast.  The camera in a 2D game feels a bit janky, either too zoomed in or pulling all over the place at times.  The jumping (especially off ladders and other hanging stuff) seems to randomly shorten your jump, had it happen a few times.  Combat seems fine, but I forgot what the game said to do with blocking enemies aside from the arm, so just waited for the counter animation.  The bit where you carry the body back at the end really slows everything down, all you do it drop it, fight more enemies, then pick it up again.  It has got something, but I dunno if I have the patience for the minor quibbles.

Still got another 6-7 on the docket to play.  Once again, I cannot recommend Renaine enough, followed by Goblin Stone just behind.

29 minutes ago, Moodmon said:

Unbeatable

Rhythm game I played for five mins.  It is just two buttons, high and low.  Only the game throws in stuff you have to jump over with the high button.  Brain couldn't comprehend not just making it a note or adding an extra button, so not for me.

It takes quite a while to make sense of the different note types, even after the tutorial. Also I don't think the default keys are ideal for everyone. I think there are generally four note types:

- hit white once (on the high or low track)

- hit blue twice (on one track then the other)

- avoid yellow (use the opposite button - or just don't jump when avoiding the high ones)

- mash red

The harder tracks continue to cause trouble for me even now - I kind of freeze up in terror and don't press anything. :D I still backed the Kickstarter though, as I'm keen to see the whole game.

(Did you ever play Muse Dash? It's the closest thing I can compare it to - I think MD has better controller options but more chaotic note charts and dafter tunes :P )

5 hours ago, Qazimod said:

It takes quite a while to make sense of the different note types, even after the tutorial. Also I don't think the default keys are ideal for everyone.

*snip*

(Did you ever play Muse Dash? It's the closest thing I can compare it to - I think MD has better controller options but more chaotic note charts and dafter tunes :P )

It's alright Qazi, I already screeched at @Moodmon in our discord of Phantasy Star Universe refugees.

I haven't actually played Muse Dash, and I honestly thought I'd hate the game due to the sheer amount of visual overload after seeing it in the E3 indie trailer stuff.

But I had a go, set it to triggers/bumpers for top and D-Pad/Buttons, and... I fucking love Unbeatable. It sounds fantastic, looks fantastic, and when you get in the zone of it just feels right. Absolutely stellar game.

I had a go on Timberborn. I dig it, but it sorely, sorely needs improvements to the UI. Having to turn off buildings to force beavers and then moving them to another dwelling to perform other jobs is just silly levels of micromanagement that should just be handled by the game.

Also, I think I understand by people like Sable - it's like the cool open exploration parts of BotW with the looks of an early 90s Channel 4 art film that you'd see at like 2am. I was with it until it hit me with the fetch quest inception (finding beetles to find a part for your bike) and my brain just shut down immediately.  Not fucking interested for a demo, sorry.

Renaine, as Moodmon said, is good - the type of visuals I get on with for a retro throwback,  and the soundtrack is excellent. but the platforming feels kinda floaty and the game soft locked when I looked at a item blurb that didn't actually exist in the game. Good™

Still got to sit down and play Tiny Thor, Venice 2089, UnMetal, and Dread Templar. Again, Steam NextFest has been absolutely excellent when it comes to shitting up my wishlist.

So, this is far less than the ridiculous last demo festival, but still too many :P Favourites in bold. Mainly looked at platformers and adventure/RPG types with a couple of horror games thrown in.

Death Trash – Superb looking pixel body horror Fallout but demo doesn’t reveal much about the game outside of a brief tutorial. Really hyped for this.

Little Witch in the Woods – Lovely little top down adventure with what looks to be crafting mechanics. Nice but not sure how well it’ll hold together as a full game.

The Darkest Tales – Pretty nice and polished side scrolling platformer with a large dose of Hollow Knight mixed with Unravel. Sound didn’t work though which was odd.

They Always Run – Brilliant Blade Runner meets Bionic Commando side scroller with superb combat and a real polish. Gameplay matches the aesthetic perfectly.

Greak: Memories of Azur – Beautiful side scroller with a cartoony feel and some neat puzzles involving two characters with complementary abilities.

Dodgeball Academia – Great sports RPG that feels like a love letter to the Camelot Mario GBA games. Not sure about the combat yet but promises to have a Paper Mario kind of feel.

The Abnormal Place – Looks influenced by Alice Madness Returns but couldn’t get the camera controls to behave so it was borderline unplayable. Next.

Tiny Thor – Gorgeous 16 bit style platformer with some light RPG elements.

Out of Line – Neat puzzle platformer that takes the spear mechanic from Lichtspeer and marries it to some interesting environmental puzzles.

Wife Quest – Surprisingly fun waifu take on Wonder Boy in Monster Land. Pretty cringeworthy dialogue though with dodgy translation on top.

Tomes and Quests: A Word RPG – Scrabble mixed with a visual novel/JRPG. Very early build but you can’t go wrong with Scrabble.

Cowboy Life Simulator – Yet another survival/crafting game but at least it is an interesting setting. Pretty rough at the moment but might be promising.

In Sound Mind – Unexpectedly generous demo (good couple of hours) that shows promise. Indie first person horror investigation game with usual mixture of environmental and object puzzles. You play a psychiatrist being tormented by a mysterious figure and seemingly must relive your patients’ traumas. Interesting if a little janky. Cool music too.

A Tale For Anna – Nice hidden object game with a novel fairy tale setting.

Terracotta – Topdown puzzle action game with a nice Chinese setting. Controls are a little fiddly and it ramps up quickly but this could be a decent little game when polished.

The Whispering Valley – Atmospheric first person horror game but archaic controls (dungeon crawler rather than free roam) make it a chore to play – especially as the hitbox for movement is crazily small.

Kingdom Gun – Enter the Gungeon meets Turrican. Fun but needs some kind of map to navigate to the goals.

9 hours ago, earlymodernsteve said:

They Always Run – Brilliant Blade Runner meets Bionic Commando side scroller with superb combat and a real polish. Gameplay matches the aesthetic perfectly.

I didn't get round to this but watched someone play it for a bit and it looked excellent. 

I tried the Terra Nil demo earlier. It's gorgeous, but I found there wasn't really anything to it. Hopefully the full game will add more of a challenge, but I found I could just stumble along, doing the only things available until eventual victory. I did run out of resources at one point, but replayed from the checkpoint after figuring out why and had no more trouble until the end. I could definitely have been more efficient, but there didn't seem to be any real reason to be.

The eventual paradise I ended up with was cool though, and hopefully later landscapes in the full game will be a little more demanding.

24 minutes ago, Mogster said:

I tried the Terra Nil demo earlier. It's gorgeous, but I found there wasn't really anything to it. Hopefully the full game will add more of a challenge, but I found I could just stumble along, doing the only things available until eventual victory. I did run out of resources at one point, but replayed from the checkpoint after figuring out why and had no more trouble until the end. I could definitely have been more efficient, but there didn't seem to be any real reason to be.

The eventual paradise I ended up with was cool though, and hopefully later landscapes in the full game will be a little more demanding.

17 hours ago, Moodmon said:

Terra Nil

Was expecting some kind of chill eco city builder, it seems more like a puzzle game.  Once you are out of building points you either have to restart or hope you are onto the next section of the demo, I had to attempt it 3 times as I don't think so good.  It isn't bad at all, just not what I was looking for.

The difficulty is a really interesting issue it seems. I didn't fail, nor did I ever feel like I would. I did take a very minmax attitude right from the start, thinking that it would be a lot harder than it turned out. However, getting to the end and seeing the world that I created was amazing. I could have replayed that level time and again and probably came out with a different result every time. Seeing the animals first move in was a great moment for me.

14 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

The difficulty is a really interesting issue it seems. I didn't fail, nor did I ever feel like I would. I did take a very minmax attitude right from the start, thinking that it would be a lot harder than it turned out. However, getting to the end and seeing the world that I created was amazing. I could have replayed that level time and again and probably came out with a different result every time. Seeing the animals first move in was a great moment for me.

The time I failed was just due to me misunderstanding something, leading me to spend a bunch of resources without realising what I was doing. I had no issue at all once I retried that section.

One thing that might make the full game interesting is the introduction of new biomes, which interact in different ways. The scope for generating different landscapes is quite cool.

Time to wrap up this demo business

PLAY RENAINE

Unsighted

It's very competent, but bored me.  The music was a dirge (intentionally) and it is trying to be CrossCode with better combat but without the humour to lift it first.  It had enough for me to finish the demo but it just feels a bit awkward with the stamina system and some of the puzzles/platforming involving stuff off the ground felt very difficult to see.

Grime

visualsgif4_opti.gif?t=1623850799

Games nearly fucks it within the first 10 seconds by telling to you press RB to absorb an attack, then it doesn't do anything.  You can even see the RB on the menu.  It means LB.  Awful first impression after the cut scene of two statues feeling each other up.  Otherwise going for a mix of Metroid and Dark Souls (so more Metroid compared to Salt and Sanctuary).  I love the rock aesthetic, it is different if nothing else.  It's pretty good.

ProtoCorgi

Didn't get on with it at all.  Seems to be hold the fire button and pray.  The dog has a massive hitbox, the enemies take way too many hits, I'm not a fan.

Death Trash

Only played a bit, feels very SNES Shadowrun.  As someone else has said, flesh being the end of the world is certainly a look and I can see myself going back and giving it a better go.  I had worse RPG demos to play.

CrisTales

Looks great, but RPGs can have a hard time with demos.  JRPG kinda stuff even worse.  Sure, Skies of Arcadia had a great demo but that had a great opening.  This...does not.  The combat goes for the Mario RPG button press stuff.  Feels a bit wooly and no real feedback.  The wandering about town part just completely put me to sleep.  The concept is cool and if I had the patient to push through I'm sure there would be some interesting puzzles.  In the demo I'm just wandering around, talking to people, trigging a cutscene.  Yes, that's all JRPGs but it just feels so dull here.  Maybe it is a slow opening and it gets better.

Greak

Greak_Steam_Puzzles.gif?t=1623971074

Looks gorgeous.  Play like Lost Vikings.  The combat as default dude feels awful (maybe intentionally), the girl with magic pew pew stuff is better but then it could hardly be worse.  Dude has a 2 inch sword that barely does any damage.  The puzzles feel fine but after I've done the same stand on plate, switch character to stand on the plate just past the door, walk past business a couple of times maybe don't do it a third time?  It's just not for me.

Litte Witch in the Woods

potion_drinking.gif?t=1623865330

Charming but the demo bugged out on me, and it doesn't save so I had to redo the thing from scratch.  Charming, relaxing but is busywork - the game.  Not meant as an insult but it does feel very menial task led.  No combat as far as I can tell.

Rog and Roll

2D platformer with a 2.5D perspective.  The roll takes a little getting used to, but the platforming is mostly solid.  It's got the Mega Man style get hit in the air, lose momentum stuff so if you get hit over a pit you be dead.  That doesn't feel great but the rest is pleasant enough.

So of the ones I've played, Goblin Stone, Severed Steel and Grime had most potential to me.  Oh, was there another one?

Spoiler

You want to play Renaine, right?

spoiler%5D

My last batch of demo impressions:

Song of Iron – Solo dev with an impressive atmospheric 2d Souls-like in an Inside style. Viking setting works well, combat is promising. Keen to see how this turns out.

Seed of Life – 3rd person adventure with a PS360 kind of feel. Looks nice enough but nothing really stood out in the very brief demo time.

Grime – Lives up to its name being a very brown game (in the demo at least). Imagine Mortal Shell as a 2d Metroidvania. Plays pretty nicely with obvious nods to Dark Souls in checkpointing and weapon use. Definitely one to keep an eye on.

Path of Kami – 3d exploration with environmental puzzles that is heavily ‘inspired’ by Okami – almost to the point of being a clone but without that level of polish and character.

Giants Uprising – This is great fun. Play as a giant and destroy towns and castles. Reminded me of Black and White with a more combat twist. Definitely looking forward to the full version.

The Frogs – Pythonesque adventure that is a total clone of Joe Richardson games using Renaissance art and music to tell a very silly story. Developer is open about his influences and apparently has Joe’s blessing to rip him off so completely.

Shishi: Ballad of the Oracle – Imagine Zelda with JRPG combat and characters that look like cute versions of South Park. Charming but very old school and clichéd. Might make for a good first JRPG for young ‘uns though.

Misc. A Tiny Tale– Chibi Robo as if made by Rare so adorable little robots and lots of collecting. Nothing revolutionary but a sweet little game.

Frontier Hunter: Erza’s Wheel of Fortune – Interesting Metroidvania with some visual novel interactions and ship combat. Ludicrous breast physics and needed to check a guide to change the language to English just to get started but this could be a sleeper. Apparently a sequel to Tower Hunter which I might check out if I can clear a space in my to play pile.

The Amazing Chicken Adventures – Very silly physics sandbox that came off as just annoying rather than zany.

Reina And Jericho – Unfortunately not the unlikely adventures of an ex-Liverpool goalkeeper and an aging wrestler but instead a glorious Metroidvania with time manipulation puzzles and a real style of its own. Animation feels like old Delphine games. Excited for this one.

Mayhem Brawler – Streets of Rage with Darkstalkers-esque characters. A little late given how good Streets 4 is but this is shaping up to be a lot of fun. Not a genre that I’m expert in but the combat feels pretty smooth and difficult enough to be a challenge.

There's a sale on.

The front page has already updated, but some discounts might not be showing up properly yet (the price in the quick search result for a game can differ to the price on the main game page.)

Already picked up Graze Counter and My Friend Pedro - less than £10 for the pair. They had been on my wishlist for ages and it's always tempting to ignore the list and get distracted by other things... :P 

Anyone got any recommendations for some left of field stuff in the sale for less than a fiver? I'm about to pick up Soma (which I've played already on the PS4 but want to play again), Primordia (sci-fi point and click) and The Cat Lady (psychological horror adventure) for about £6 for all three. I'm after similar atmospheric stuff that tells a good tale.

A couple of recomendations for shmups in the steam sale if you're interested.

Cave games

You'll be wanting all of these

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12642/CAVE_SHMUP/

Blue Revolver

One of the best games you'll ever play

https://store.steampowered.com/app/439490/BLUE_REVOLVER/

any excuse to post the immense trailer!

Neko Navy
All kinds of amazing - https://store.steampowered.com/app/592270/Neko_Navy/

Grab everything by qute - https://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Qute

Particularly eschatos and natsuki

Exceed 3rd is effing excellent, don't let the atrocious low framerate video plastered with cartoon kiddies put you off - https://store.steampowered.com/app/207400/eXceed_3rd__Jade_Penetrate_Black_Package/

The team grybanser fox games - https://store.steampowered.com/developer/TeamGrybanserFox

Grab the lot. If you only want one, get jet buster or super xyx

Mecha Ritz - https://store.steampowered.com/app/463070/Mecha_Ritz_Steel_Rondo/

Cosmodreamer - https://store.steampowered.com/app/1424630/CosmoDreamer/

Assault Shell

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1432970/ASSAULT_SHELL/

Check out the arrange mode. Really great fun. Nearly shat my pants when I found it was made by an 18 year old!

Zeroranger - https://store.steampowered.com/app/809020/ZeroRanger/

Crimzon Clover - https://store.steampowered.com/app/285440/Crimzon_Clover_WORLD_IGNITION/

Studio Siesta always have insane discounts - https://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Studio SiestA

Hurricane of the varstray and it's dlc are excellent. Highly underrated. Trouble witches is canny and there's loads of dlc there if you want it.

Monolith and Relics of the past DLC
Not strictly a shmup, it's a top down shooter roguelite, but it's all shmup.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12966/Monolith__Relics_of_the_Past/

No daily deals.  So all you ever do is glance at your wishlist sorted by discount, maybe pick something up and the sale is over at 6:05pm on day 1.

That and most of us have all the historic stuff we'll ever need and the fact there's a lot more sales now means maybe a quarter of my wishlist is actually in said sale.