IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

1 hour ago, Vimster said:

Damn that Superflight is addictive. Managed to tear myself away as it's getting on. And damn it, my gf is over tomorrow so no Superflight. Might just gift her a copy then she can play it and let me get on with playing it.

I've found it great to play with the other half, taking turns. 

Also, mute the wind and score sound fx and put on some albums. Bliss.

Hey folks - just wanted to give  you fine people a quick update on my little game :D

We released a Steam update today and are still running the technical alpha - if anyone is interested in 3rd person shooters and would like to try it out, perhaps provide some feedback, would love to see some fellow 'mukers online.  Drop me a PM if you register and I'll keep an eye out.

https://thedrginitiative.com/closed-alpha/

Thinking of picking up Age of Empires II HD in the Steam sale for nostalgia sake. The noticed AOE III was also on offer. 

I'm not going to get round to playing both of them (despite them being available in a bundle), so should I go for II or III?

5 hours ago, Butters said:

Thinking of picking up Age of Empires II HD in the Steam sale for nostalgia sake. The noticed AOE III was also on offer. 

I'm not going to get round to playing both of them (despite them being available in a bundle), so should I go for II or III?

AoE 2  so much fun had with this game!

You confused me @Qazimod, saw your post earlier came back to reply and suddenly the Steam thread and vanished from the front page. :lol:

But as you said Valve threw a spanner in the works earlier this year by removing the option to put gifts into your inventory, they might have introduced a work around though. 

They've recently added Digital Gift Cards, which allow you to gift to someone's wallet within Steam, not an exact amount though, multiples of 4 and 10. So it is a roundabout way of what we had before, send me the wallet money and a list of games to purchase. I do need to try and test that gifted wallet money can be used to buy gifts but there's no suggestion of any restrictions. There's also the option of PayPal or bank transfers, but I could understand people feeling a little apprehensive about now sending money outside of Steam, to be honest I'd feel a little apprehensive about it as well, was all so easy to manage beforehand.

So it's really what those who would take part think, would be a shame if it's the end, but I can understand if the changes put people off, does feel the mindset changes a bit when it's not a simple case of buy gift and send.

Yeah sorry, I posted without seeing if you'd already covered it earlier in the thread, then I found something and removed my post. :D If there's a workaround that's kind of agreeable then that's ace, but otherwise I'd understand if it would no longer be possible.

I'm enjoying Danganronpa quite a bit - it's like a Saw/Phoenix Wright crossover and it's quite janky - but the writing is so good and everything is stylish! I've completely played into the game's writing so far and not on purpose - so much despair!

7 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Well, didn't manage to cancel my Humble Monthly subscription in time so hopefully these games find a good home:

• Passpartout: The Starving Artist
  • BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend

• H1Z1

• H1Z1 Trickster Crate (whatever that means)

I'll take h1z1 if you still have it. :)

4 hours ago, VN1X said:

Well, didn't manage to cancel my Humble Monthly subscription in time so hopefully these games find a good home:

• H1Z1

I bet you'll wanna do December's Humble Monthly though.. it seems promising.

7 hours ago, VN1X said:

• H1Z1

Could I have BlazBlue please?

3 hours ago, BruceBruce said:

I bet you'll wanna do December's Humble Monthly though.. it seems promising.

Yeah I shouldn't complain really as it's fantastic value for money. The Long Dark and DoWIII are both on my wishlist so it's worth it for those two alone, Quantum Break will be dumped in here of course. :P

9 hours ago, stefcha said:

A Steam key for Company of Heroes 2 is currently free on the Humble Store.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/company-of-heroes-2

Just a reminder to everyone that these free game keys actually expire from your Humble Store purchase list after a certain amount of time if you don't redeem them on Steam.

It usually gives you a week or two to activate them before they vanish (tells you on the bottom of the key page exactly when).