Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Last one, I promise.  A 39 year old man, spending Saturday night drinking whisky and listening to Rollins Band, while playing a kids game about kittens.  Where did it all go so wrong?

Anyway, it took me over an hour to find everything on the level I was playing, but check out the reward.  A beautiful fireworks display!  :wub:

20171118195603_1.jpg.6d5dbd625b189bd766b3f2d9c2f79985.jpg

Fuckin' love it.

On 15/11/2017 at 15:33, MarkN said:

Superflight popped up in my Recommended games list earlier - a really basic wingsuit game that I'd not heard of before, but sounded right up my street. Overwhelmingly positive feedback and a £2 price point made it an instant buy, and it's destroyed my productivity today. It's lovely - just swooping about looking for narrow gaps to zoom through, then smacking yourself against the rocks, and instantly hitting restart for another go. There's no fat on it at all - it's just you, some gravity and some rocks, but I can see myself dipping into this whenever I've got 20 minutes to kill.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/732430/Superflight/

giphy.gif

Digital crack alert!

I lost hours to this yesterday. It's perfect and simple and just one more try, promise!

Can't stop playing Superflight. A perfect game for quick gameplay sessions.

I've found a map that can reap some serious fat scores, here is the map and my highest score so far. Try the seed out in the screenshot.20171121145451_1.thumb.jpg.db99be363323b054c5f22ff79f3bcd67.jpg

The map is full of long flat horizontal geometry that keeps your score hiking up nicely.

6 hours ago, StoooTube said:

I’ve had this on my Steam list for a couple of years and never tried it... it is worth the time? I’ve heard that it turns into a dodgy RTS game mid-way through?

It does turn into a dodgy RTS, but it's kinda ok from what I remember. Nice, easy and mindless would be the words I would use to describe it.

34 minutes ago, Max Damage said:

I've found a map that can reap some serious fat scores, here is the map and my highest score so far. Try the seed out in the screenshot.20171121145451_1.thumb.jpg.db99be363323b054c5f22ff79f3bcd67.jpg

The map is full of long flat horizontal geometry that keeps your score hiking up nicely.

I'm assuming you've played Race The Sun.

1 hour ago, Max Damage said:

I've been jumping between levels, all willy nilly. That's a hell of a combo record you've got there.

image.thumb.png.61808cfd9c5559a53fc8bfeeeb7711d9.png

9 hours ago, StoooTube said:

I’ve had this on my Steam list for a couple of years and never tried it... it is worth the time? I’ve heard that it turns into a dodgy RTS game mid-way through?

I played it on 360 back when it was released. It's got one of my favourite videogame worlds ever - with landscape inspired by loads of classic rock album covers - vividly-coloured landscape with enormous rock statues on hilltops, and creatures roaming around that could have been designed by Roger Dean or Rodney Matthews. The soundtrack is ace, and I remember enjoying it a lot up until the RTS parts, and they really did suck. It's definitely well worth a play just to take in the atmosphere IMO. I grabbed a steam key, and plan to have another look myself ASAP. I'd imagine if the core game still holds up there's probably some fairly easily-followed walkthroughs available that will get you through the RTS bits with as little hassle as possible...

Superflight's had a small update that tweaked the scoring system (it wasn't frame-rate independent before, so people with low-frame rates were getting fewer points than they should have). It seems they cleared the leaderboard because of this, and I happened to get in there at exactly the right time to claim the top spot with this fairly tame effort (I was down to 3rd after the next game...). That's almost certainly the first and last time I'll ever top an online scoreboard. :)

topScore.jpg

As evidenced by an email saying "19 of your wishlist games are on sale" there's a sale on! Again! Did the last one even end? Who knows! Who cares! A bunch of games available once more, for the same reduced price they've been available before (actually that's a bit unfair, some really are slightly cheaper this time).

Sale time! Did some of the tutorials in Chaos Reborn ($2.49 on Fanatical) while thinking about Superflight. Farted about in Ground Zeroes (€2.65 on gamebillet) admiring how nice Metal Gear Solid got while thinking about Superflight. Gave in and spent 20 minutes on one map in Superflight trying to chain together as many risky tunnel/gap runs as possible.