IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

I've been having issues with Paypal ever since they introduced that one-time authorisation thingy (which is required by the EU now apparently, aren't you all glad you got out eh?).

I've sent Paypal a ticket but have yet to receive an answer and it's been almost a week now. Anyone know what to do or am I fucked? I need to buy Invisible Inc (and keys to open CS:GO cases). :(

I had problems with paypal and humble bundle too recently, it said something like 'you can't use this credit card' (it's a dutch card) and it didn't let me buy the unreal bundle. Don't know if you're having the same issue but I solved by changing the currency in paypal from usd to euro.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

In the meantime, if there's something you must buy RIGHT NOW, you can use ideal in Steam no problem. (if you don't want to use a credit card)

Yeah was about to do that but then my brain died on me and I forgot my pin code. Never had that happen before and now my pin thingy is locked... Sigh.

Time for football and Palm.

Yeah, that's a security measure. It has been standard for awhile that your card gets blocked if you enter the wrong pin three times in a row. ALWAYS stop trying after getting it wrong twice, go and figure out what the pin number was before having another go. Not that it helps you any now, but you know.

They're all great, amazing hit rate in so many unrelated genres. They look after things after release, too, Don't Starve recently got yet another significant content update.

I'm really looking forward to Oxygen Not Included, which is a sort of side-on (possibly relatively simple? Hard to say at this stage) underground RimWorld or Dwarf Fortress with great art. There was an hour-long gameplay video recently, supposedly hitting Early Access this month.

19 minutes ago, Made of Ghosts said:

Are any of the old Tomb Raiders worth a go in this day and age? I grabbed the first one for nostalgia value but I've never really played the others. I have a reasonably high tolerance for Boat Lara.

You will probably struggle with the tank controls and they can be tough going. The 2nd is the best though so probably get the most fun out of it. Also:

Link

I recently played through the entire Tomb Raider series, and I think all the early games have different strengths really. TRII is probably a better game than the first, but I preferred the heavier emphasis on exploration the original, along with its much less frequent combat. The controls take some getting used to but I found them oddly satisfying once you do.

If you're going to play the original I'd recommend picking up Glidos rather than using the DOSBox wrapper it comes with. It's $10, but it makes a big difference:

http://www.glidos.net/purchase.html?lang=en

There's a simple mod for II-V that allows for proper widescreen resolutions along with suitable FOV changes. It says it's only for 2-4, but it worked perfectly on Chronicles for me too.

http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/394-tomb-raider-234-widescreen-patch/

I'd also recommend using a joypad to keyboard thingie rather than struggling with the keyboard controls. The games have very basic controller support, but won't recognise analogue sticks or triggers.