IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Over the last month I've picked up:

Shadowrun Returns

Sim City 4

Syberia II

Still Life 2 (not even sure what this is)

System Shock 2

FTL

Tales of Monkey Island

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Another World

Gone Home

Gunpoint

The Longest Journey

Sang-froid

Sniper Elite V2

Stealth Bastard

The Swapper

Syberia

To the Moon

Battlefield 3

Peggle

F.E.A.R (and two DLC)

About six or seven of those I've been able to pick up for free. I don't think I paid more than £3 for any of the others. I fully intend to play all of them, however, and unless any more sub-£3.00 sales come along for the games on my wishlist in the meantime, I won't buy any more games until I've either completed or got fed up with all of the above.

Deal of the sale for me has to be Metal Gear Rising for a tenner. I'm roughly halfway through, and it's already one of the best games I've ever played.

While not among the best games I've ever played, it's a fantastic one. I just love the combat and over the top bosses. My best purchase during this sale for sure.

Over the last month I've picked up:

Shadowrun Returns

Sim City 4

Syberia II

Still Life 2 (not even sure what this is)

System Shock 2

FTL

Tales of Monkey Island

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Another World

Gone Home

Gunpoint

The Longest Journey

Sang-froid

Sniper Elite V2

Stealth Bastard

The Swapper

Syberia

To the Moon

Battlefield 3

Peggle

F.E.A.R (and two DLC)

About six or seven of those I've been able to pick up for free. I don't think I paid more than £3 for any of the others. I fully intend to play all of them, however, and unless any more sub-£3.00 sales come along for the games on my wishlist in the meantime, I won't buy any more games until I've either completed or got fed up with all of the above.

Not a single bad game on that list. Personally I'm fed up with the modern warfareish FPS games, so I don't rate BF3 at all, but the rest on your list are all corkers in my opinion :)

Good luck keeping your own promise, though ;)

Sounds good. I didn't get the DLC with that, even though I hear its even better than the main game. I figured I'd see if I even like that before deciding to buy it since if I like it enough I wouldn't grudge the price*.

*I'd absolutely wait for it to go on sale.

It's called DLC, but in reality it's a second proper campaign. It's more like an expansion or even a sequel than what is nowadays called 'DLC'. And yeah, Dragonfall is better than Returns.

One thing I was surprised about was that SSFIV AE didn't get a massive reduction, what with the Ultra update looming in little over a month. I'd have had that, then been tempted by the upgrade too but it didn't so I wasn't :(

Last time I looked the full standalone USF4 was £15 on Amazon, if you don't get AE beforehand.

Last time I looked the full standalone USF4 was £15 on Amazon, if you don't get AE beforehand.

Likely a far better deal than the digital upgrade too since it comes with all cosmetic DLC released so far. Unless that's only true of the console versions?

I bought:

Battleblock Theatre/ Castle Crashers double pack

Gnomoria

Jazzpunk

Kentucky Route Zero

Lone Survivor: Directors Cut

Wasteland 1

A Game of Thrones

Long Live The Queen

Noir Syndrome

for £32.01

Not bad. Already played and written off Noir Syndrome, and played and really enjoyed Long Live The Queen

Not a single bad game on that list. Personally I'm fed up with the modern warfareish FPS games, so I don't rate BF3 at all, but the rest on your list are all corkers in my opinion :)

Good luck keeping your own promise, though ;)

Thank you! I don't think it's a bad little pile either. And BF3 is only because it was free on Origin! I'm not even sure if my laptop will run it, to tell the truth.

I do intend to keep my promise, but my resolve does start to break once a game I want gets below that £3 sweet spot. Having said that, Primordia, Capsized and Abe's Exoddus, all on my wishlist and all less than £3, I didn't pick up when I could have done because I know they'll still be cheap come the Xmas sale, by which time my backlog will have diminished somewhat (I hope). I think as well that the limits of my PC stop me from buying more. If I had a gaming rig then things like Dishonored, Skyrim and Dark Souls: PtD would all have been mine.

Final dale and no flash sales but still, 2 copies of Ys: Oath in Felghana up for grabs for the first 2 forum regulars who would like to play them.

Delicious fast paced action, highly enjoyable rock music and some ridiculously enjoyable boss fights which explains why I've bought the game 30 times now! :blush:

Post your interest here along with your Steam profile and I'll add you and send them across! :)

Thanks a bunch for the gift. Installing now. I think I'm gonna crack open a beer while I enjoy this game. Really excited now! :wub:

I had a little look at my total for the sales and the total damage was 29 games and about £105 spent. In fairness, one of the games was a full-price title that wasn't in the sale, so 28 games for £75 isn't too bad. It's the first sale I've properly gone for and has bought hundreds of hours of entertainment. Bit of a bargain, really.

while not on the sale - i picked up the stomping lands last week - and even though its early access im enjoying it. Basically its Dayz - remove zombies and put dinosaurs in there place with a touch of minecraft (having to gather wood, stone to make things).

While a lot of things still need to be implimented, the basics are there - such as camps, making weapons. + plus you can tame and ride dinos.

fav thing so far is being able to bola other players, tie them up and drag em with you, then sacrifice to the fire god "bob" aka thrown then into local volcano or smash there head in with an axe :)