IGNORED

Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

I only bought it a couple of weeks ago and haven't installed any mods. I know it isn't optimized for Windows 7 but I didn't think it would be this bad! Just played a solid hour there before it crashed again. I've had a look around online and there are suggestions to make some changes to the .INI so I guess I'll have to try that and hope for the best.

Aye, it's been mentioned a few times (here and elsewhere, I think). It looks gorgeous, and the combat seems interesting (and not really the same kind of generic action rpg combat of Bastion, what with its reliance on that weird time freezing mechanic).

Wait for reviews and forum impressions of that one, for the love of god. That should be the rule for all ubisoft PC games anyway, but here there is plenty of reason to be wary of both quality of game as well as the quality of the port.

Aye, it's been mentioned a few times (here and elsewhere, I think). It looks gorgeous, and the combat seems interesting (and not really the same kind of generic action rpg combat of Bastion, what with its reliance on that weird time freezing mechanic).

Yeah, it seems more like a turn-based strategy thing almost.

Anybody had a go on Sweezy Gunner? I was looking for something to fill the time until Nuclear Throne is done, and while this isn't procedurally generated or a roguelike-like, it actually might have done the job. I thoroughly enjoyed tipsily playing the first couple of hours, anyway.

It's basically a twin-stick shooter bullet-hell Metroidvania. Shitloads of upgrades, what looks like a decently-sized map, sidequests, bosses, and a pretty dirty soundtrack. Looks like it was made by one dude, and is dirt cheap.

Anyway, I'm posting about it because I can't really find a great deal of chatter about it anywhere online - it looks like it's been on Desura for a while, and has only recently made it to Steam - and it probably deserves some recognition. First impressions are that it's better than most full-blown XBLA releases. I'll report back if it all turns to shit later in the game, but I'm pretty won over so far.

I can't imagine there are many people here who don't already have it, but I entered a competition at FreeKeyFridays and won some game keys; one of which was a Steam key for Hotline Miami, which I already own, so drop me a PM if you're interested (I would just post it below but non-members might snap it up...) :)

EDIT: gone to Bennyman

Anybody had a go on Sweezy Gunner? I was looking for something to fill the time until Nuclear Throne is done, and while this isn't procedurally generated or a roguelike-like, it actually might have done the job. I thoroughly enjoyed tipsily playing the first couple of hours, anyway.

It's basically a twin-stick shooter bullet-hell Metroidvania. Shitloads of upgrades, what looks like a decently-sized map, sidequests, bosses, and a pretty dirty soundtrack. Looks like it was made by one dude, and is dirt cheap.

Anyway, I'm posting about it because I can't really find a great deal of chatter about it anywhere online - it looks like it's been on Desura for a while, and has only recently made it to Steam - and it probably deserves some recognition. First impressions are that it's better than most full-blown XBLA releases. I'll report back if it all turns to shit later in the game, but I'm pretty won over so far.

I took a punt on this after reading the post, money from selling trading cards paid for it, so figured I may as well. It's awesome, enjoying it a whole lot. Loving the soundtrack too. :D

I took a punt on this after reading the post, money from selling trading cards paid for it, so figured I may as well. It's awesome, enjoying it a whole lot. Loving the soundtrack too. :D

Word of warning: don't absent-mindedly click "New Game" when you fire it up - it'll immediately delete your previous save with no warning! Luckily I'm not gonna mind doing the first couple of hours again, but I can see this potentially inducing some rage...

Word of warning: don't absent-mindedly click "New Game" when you fire it up - it'll immediately delete your previous save with no warning! Luckily I'm not gonna mind doing the first couple of hours again, but I can see this potentially inducing some rage...

My main complaint about the game at the minute is the lack of proper full screen mode, I've lost progress a couple of times because the game has crashed when I've accidently resized the window causing the game to freeze. Oh yeah, and lack of auto save is weird, it's something you get so used to these days that going back to a game without it is really weird.

In other news, the excellent Gone Home is just 4 euros for the next six hours on the Humble Store.