Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Aye, can we have the thread title changed to PC Ghetto or something along those lines?

It's fine how it is. Anyone with half a brain cell can work out this is the pc thread and anyone who can't probably owns a console. ;-)

I've just played the demo campaign of Factorio - really enjoyed it. It's well worth a play - a cocktail of RTS, Sim City, Spacechem and a little bit of Minecraft for good measure. I'll probably have to buy the alpha later - the demo ended just as I was getting the hang of things properly.

Singularity is superb. One of the best FPSs of last gen imo. A bargain at that price.

I'm tempted by Dragonall for 8 quid, but have so much to play just now, I'm waiting on it dropping a bit further I think.

Singularity is the refined version of timeshift then by the same dev? - ala systemshock 2 to bioshock?

Sry I missed both of these games but know they are quality.

Which do I get?

Tried Lost Alpha yet, Brer? I had a few CTD's in the starting area so I'm gonna wait till they've ironed out the bugs but it looks utterly amazing.

Could be the definitive Stalker experience.

Tried Lost Alpha yet, Brer? I had a few CTD's in the starting area so I'm gonna wait till they've ironed out the bugs but it looks utterly amazing.

Could be the definitive Stalker experience.

Yeah tried it out but sadly it dropped on the same day as dark souls 2 :lol:

It's hard to get used to seeing such familiar locations like cordon looking so totally different, but the map size looks so huge ill have to give it a proper try.

Am I the only one who feels slight regret for purchasing DayZ? As soon as I did, the lead designer decided he would take leave soon enough, then games like State of Decay and H1Z1 show up.

Do you think DayZ still has potential or is it going to go badly from here on out? I'm genuinely curious.

Started up Stalker Lost Alpha for a little bit this morning. Damn, it makes a pretty great first impression doesn't it? Big sandbox environment like in Pripyat and everything looks to be different and/or be in a different place. Looking forward to playing more of it!

Gerbik lost alpha top tips: press ~ when in-game to bring up the console and type [fov XX] without the brackets and replace XX with the FOV you want. Hmmm FOV.... And add -nointro to the shortcut to skip the intromovies.

Am I the only one who feels slight regret for purchasing DayZ? As soon as I did, the lead designer decided he would take leave soon enough, then games like State of Decay and H1Z1 show up.

Do you think DayZ still has potential or is it going to go badly from here on out? I'm genuinely curious.

The obvious comparison is with Minecraft. Both are wildly popular indie games where the single developer stepped away from the project after handing over the development to an actual team. MC certainly hasn't suffered for it.

The obvious comparison is with Minecraft. Both are wildly popular indie games where the single developer stepped away from the project after handing over the development to an actual team. MC certainly hasn't suffered for it.

Plus Rocket isn't actually stepping down until the end of the year.

There are some on this very forum who aren't keen on the standalone but I think this is more due to the fact that it seems like progress is going pretty slowly and while a lot of things have been improved lots over the mod, there are still some vital things that were in the mod but haven't made it into the standalone just yet (vehicles, respawning loot) as well as improvements that are really needed with things like better zombies etc.

I might be wrong, but I'm sort of guessing H1Z1 is going to be more of a flash in the pan like Rust was. It's free to play as well so we'll see what direction that actually takes with monetization when that happens. If anything the release of H1Z1 will spurn the Day Z guys on to do things a little bit faster.

But seeing as you have the game you may as well play it and have fun rather than worry what may or may not happen once Rocket leaves :)

Check out the size of the map (spoilered for hueg)

FaseYwJ.jpg

Compared to the original

lhVfFDx.jpg

It's like twice as big! There's some weird design decisions so far, but the maps make more sense, particularly the open tunnel under the railway checkpoint.

Awesome! Silly question: so what am I looking at exactly in the Lost Alpha map? I see no borders, so does that mean that the entire area shown there is actually.... playable?