Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

The storytelling ability of Bethesda on a bad day? I'm not sure they've ever had a good day.

mcbain.jpg

Did either of you like Borderlands? (Gerbik and Wiper)

Nope. A game similarly all about grinding and going through the motions for phat lewt at the expense building a world worth exploring and challenging gameplay (also, I hate other people, so Borderlands' focus on multiplayer didn't help it).

Frankly, if I had to choose between Amalur and even some b-list loot-em-up like Too Human, I'd pick Too Human, because at least its world and lore was vaguely interesting and the combat slightly skill-based. Amalur falls rather low in my expectations.

Classic indie shooter Jets 'n' Guns is coming to Steam next week. :)

Valve confirmed February 5th, 10am PT as a launch of the game. We set the price to $7 with 50% launch discount the first week. Some other, less interesting info can be found in our newest article here: http://www.rakeingrass.com/2014/01/jetsnguns-update-release/

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/updates/109369937/1391098120

It's like a collection of nothing but the worst kind of MMO fetch quests set in a world that isn't open at all but consists of connected massive arenas - so you're always being funnelled through the limited amount of small passages connecting those areas.

That's a bit unfair because yes despite the quests it has a fun as heeeeeell combat system, something I can't say about any MMO I've ever tried. My biggest disappointment was that the patch they had nearly ready to make the combat harder never made it through to Steam before things went tits up.

Also, the game is VERY rarely on sale on Steam, if you want it on their I advise picking up the lot now.

That's a bit unfair because yes despite the quests it has a fun as heeeeeell combat system, something I can't say about any MMO I've ever tried. My biggest disappointment was that the patch they had nearly ready to make the combat harder never made it through to Steam before things went tits up.

Also, the game is VERY rarely on sale on Steam, if you want it on their I advise picking up the lot now.

I agree that your enjoyment of the game depends whether you enjoy the combat or not since there's really not much else to it. I didn't, and on top of that I really disliked the artstyle (I'm not a fan of McFarlane and I can't stand the WoW visual style, so a combination of both was never going to do it for me). But for the price they're asking for it now anybody can try it and see for themselves, it's hardly a risk when it's that cheap. Besides, it's Steam - what are the chances that Hexx is actually going to play it anytime soon?

I agree that your enjoyment of the game depends whether you enjoy the combat or not since there's really not much else to it. I didn't, and on top of that I really disliked the artstyle (I'm not a fan of McFarlane and I can't stand the WoW visual style, so a combination of both was never going to do it for me). But for the price they're asking for it now anybody can try it and see for themselves, it's hardly a risk when it's that cheap. Besides, it's Steam - what are the chances that Hexx is actually going to play it anytime soon?

Hey I'll have you know I finished 2 Steam Games last month. :quote:

(We're not discussing the fact I bought at least 10....)

Still bought it. It's £7 for something that I could really enjoy. Even if I don't, a £7 gamble isn't exactly too bad. God damn PC Gaming :wub:

Everytime I'm tempted to pick up Splinter Cell or Pandora Tomorrow I keep remembering mention of shader issues and incorrect lighting, some incompatibility between the older engine and newer graphic cards.

Found a few fixes that change values in an ini but apparently it isn't perfect, has anyone played them recently and can comment? - wonder if it might just be better to pick up the PS3 HD versions.

Fucks sake, jsut bought BNW last week :facepalm:

Still, got it from a key site for 13 euro, so not too bad.

Just finished my new build; fired up Arkham Origins on max spec.

Hnnnnngh.

What else have I missed recently from being on a 4-year-old laptop?

A few real good lookers:

Metro LL

Crysis 3

Hitman Absolution

Project CARS

Tomb Raider reboot

Borderlands 2 (just for the physx effects)

Crysis

Note: some fo these might not be great games (Hitman springs to mind), but they are all really, really good looking. Also, get some downsampling going on for maximum image quality

You can't sign up for Project CARS no more can you Brer? I tried not long ago and I'm sure it was closed :(

Jeez ive honestly no idea. Ever since it went on steam ive lost track of it entirely cause it meant not visiting the forums to download the latest build, but you might be right