Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Inspired by the fascinating story and unbreakable spirit of British secret agent Violette Szabo, players take control of Violette Summer, a beautiful World War II spy deep behind enemy lines with no support or official backing from the British Government.

Sounds dreadful!

Not sure how you guys are able to log into Steam from more than one PC. I'm subscribed to the beta client on both of my PCs, and it logs me out of one if I log into another.

You need to actually be in the home streaming beta. You get an email about it.

Anyone got any thoughts on that Kenshi? Sounds interesting tbh.

It does, but it's extremely early in development, still even though it seems to have been in playable alpha state for a couple of years. I'd give it a year before bothering with it, not convinced it will ever be remotely finished.

Treasure devs thinking of making an original side-scroller for Steam.

http://mobile.siliconera.com/siliconera/#!/entry/ikaruga-developer-treasure-will-make-an-original-game-for-pc,52e93d0f025312186cc487a7

"Ikaruga is the first one, and we dont intend on stopping there, says Maegawa. There are some players who say How about Radiant Silvergun? but we also dont intend to only do ports. Were thinking of making a new original title for the platform, Steam."

"A side-scroller action game might be pretty good" mumbles Treasure chief director Atsutomo Nakagawa

Quote\

There is a petition started on Neogaf to convince Sega to bring ports of Bayonetta, Vanquish, Virtua Fighter 5 to PC. Maybe a waste of time but no harm in signing and showing support. Dark Souls was petitioned I believe so you never know. I've signed up.

https://www.change.org/petitions/sega-increase-the-number-of-releases-for-the-pc-bayonetta-vanquish-virtua-fighter-5-etc

Movement is gathering pace. Up to 8000 signatures now which is not bad for the few days it's been up. Please sign if interested.

Just bumping this from the Binary Domain thread

£2 now. It's almost like a satirical world where developers pay YOU to play one of the most genuinely excellent shooters ever made. http://savygamer.co.uk/2014/01/29/binary-domain-pc-2/

Okay, so you're still buying the product, but you'll feel like you're stealing food from out of Sega's mouth at this price.

And you get Rome:Total War included for £2!

Crazy deal here - 8 FPS for £2.88. Not tried Zeno Clash 2 so this was an insta-buy.

Am I right in thinking that Painkiller: Black Edition is the one to play for series newcomers?

Bundle Stars are really good value generally, they're definitely worth keeping an eye on. They usually have a fair few games padding out the decent ones, but that's not exactly the end of the world. Eg.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/the-brutal-bundle/

If you don't own Tropico and Stealth Bastard.

Entertainingly (to me), the company is Focus Multimedia, who always did the olden-days equivalent of the bundle, those cheap games on rotating units in Staples/Debenhams/etc.

Daily Deal: The Ship Single Player £1.19

Weekend Deal: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning £5.99, Legend of Dead Kel £2.09. Teeth of Naros £2.39, Complete £7.49

Weekend Deal: Splinter Cell Blacklist £10.19, Conviction £2.99, Chaos Theory £2.49, Splinter Cell £1.74.

I was thinking about Blacklist earlier today, how I've not started it yet but expect to see it on sale for cheaper than Christmas soon and there it is.

Blacklist was one of the free games with a graphics card earlier, so there were loads of cheap codes on ebay (some tied to AC4, which mean there was some being given away in thread by people who wanted AC4...might still be some floating around?)

Kingdoms of Amalur - worth it?

Blacklist was one of the free games with a graphics card earlier, so there were loads of cheap codes on ebay (some tied to AC4, which mean there was some being given away in thread by people who wanted AC4...might still be some floating around?)

Kingdoms of Amalur - worth it?

for that? oh yes.

Oh thank goodness, I was beginning to fear I was the only person who thought it was a bit... pants. The mechanics were passable, the graphics fine, but the whole affair just felt soulless, the writing overwritten and dry, and I just got bored of the whole thing after a few hours.

Worth a try if you want all the depth of the average ARPG combined with the storytelling ability of Bethesda on a bad day and the mechanics and environmental design of an MMO, but just a bit too meh for me when there are so many genuinely brilliant RPGs available.

Did either of you like Borderlands? (Gerbik and Wiper)

I ask cos Amalur is basically that, but with swords and elves. I really don't get how it's possible to like one or the other.

I clicked through most of the story but the very key stuff, but it didn't seem offensive or anything.

Anyway, for five fucking pounds its an A title and well worth any risk.

I really enjoyed Amalur overall, I did find it had become very repetitive by the end, but that was 60 odd hours and nearly all quests completed so I was happy with my purchase.

But it is amazingly generic, they had all this talk of big name people coming in to do the story and character/monster design yet they came up with the same old stuff you've seen a million times before. They also seem to have had about five voice actors who where all awful.

Despite that as I say I enjoyed it and think if it takes your fancy you should easily get your monies worth out of it.