Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

Streaming over wireless is always going to be a bit like that, regardless of the router's speed.. Lots of packets are lost during wireless transmission, best bet is wired-to-wired.

This may be a reason to eventually dig out my long - abandoned Android TV box..

Lots of packets are lost during wireless transmission, best bet is wired-to-wired.

<pedantic networking nerd>

Packet drops are more likely on a wireless link than over a wired link due to increased possibility of interference, but if you're seeing high packet loss on a wireless network then you should think how it can be improved.

</pedantic networking nerd>

We can take it to the appropriate thread, but if you're seeing a lot of packet loss on a WiFi network then you should be able to fix it. Unless you live in really high density housing where everybody uses WiFi, and there's a microwave oven testing facility next door, and you're unfortunate enough to have an industrial power line overhead.

Nidhogg looks like the kind of thing I would play with my brother for weeks solid after finding it on an Amiga Power cover disk.

This is my exact opinion of it. When I get internet access back I'll probably buy it anyway, but it's clearly a local multiplayer game.

Anyone still playing The Secret World? I accidentally just bought it by accident, despite owning millions of great games already which I need to play. I'm a sucker for Lovecraftian nonsense.

I tried it for a week or so. I liked it and really respect them for trying something new with the MMORPG genre. Unfortunately, the "pay monthly" model was dead well before they launched, and they tried to stick with it for quite a long time. Unfortunately this meant that it never really got momentum, and now they seem to be in a situation where they can't raise/justify additional significant investment in the game. I don't really know what will happen with it to be honest.

I've had loads of fun playing it as basically a single player game, also a sucker for Lovecraft and this does that really well. I think if you enjoy your Lovecraft and get on with the combat it's very easy to get your monies worth.

Really got back into it over the Summer, playing it daily until I got to a new area took a break, then GW2 took over the next few months. Kept meaning to fire it up over Christmas to check out the events but never got around to it

Really would like to see more games using the Lovecraft/occult/conspiracy type themes, would make a great change to yet another fantasy world RPG.

Not sure where else to ask this, but anyone looked at WiiU emulation? There are some videos doing the rounds on YouTube that some folk at work have seen, thought I'd ask my rllmuk bros for opinions / validation of truth.

I've had loads of fun playing it as basically a single player game, also a sucker for Lovecraft and this does that really well. I think if you enjoy your Lovecraft and get on with the combat it's very easy to get your monies worth.

Really got back into it over the Summer, playing it daily until I got to a new area took a break, then GW2 took over the next few months. Kept meaning to fire it up over Christmas to check out the events but never got around to it

Really would like to see more games using the Lovecraft/occult/conspiracy type themes, would make a great change to yet another fantasy world RPG.

Sounds right up my street!

I was hooked on GW for many years, but try as I might, I just couldn't get on with GW2.

Is it being panned? I'm assuming that's what you mean. It's perhaps a different situation though. I didn't like it, but I got it in a Steam sale along with [x] number of other games so I didn't give it much thought. I played it for a couple of hours, then moved onto the next game once I realised I wasn't enjoying it. Whereas for PS4 I suppose it's going to get played by people that would have otherwise not touched it had there been other games to play - but they're lapping up anything available and probably analysing/dissecting things more due to the limited library.