Steam - There's a sale on

choddo

There are two or three cheap deals at the moment on simplycdkeys. Picked up Splinter Cell Blacklist for £5. Note that it registers on uPlay, not Steam. This means that you have to download 19GB of install files. Mercifully, this is very fast. You THEN have to install the game from that. The install takes a long, long time. And then you have to download a 1GB patch. For some reason the patch download is unbelievably slow, has been going for hours. UPDATE: That patch installed... and now I have another big patch to download. And at least one more after that, it appears. At least this one is downloading at a semi-normal speed. So er, don't buy this game until it is cheap on steam.

It's just like in the old days of putting in physical discs. uPlay is inoffensive normally but this is the first time I've actually downloaded something through it - they don't seem to have learned from the last 15 years of PC gaming. Why is it so bad?

I got Black Flag on uplay. Never again. The client itself isn't too bad, so when it's a Steam install with that as an overlay it's fine because you're not downloading anything from Ubi servers. But I won't be buying any games on uplay directly any more if I can help it, because there have been updates that have crawled down. I'd rather pay more for the steam version.

I bought Gunpoint in the sale (£2.37, and now I genuinely feel bad).

I had a go on two or three levels last night and then finished it today. It's funny, well written, the mechanics are brilliant, it'll run on anything (4 or 5 year old laptop) and it's nice and short.

That last one is especially important. It never drags, and these days, with more games than I can count and less time than I'd like, I much prefer them to be short and sweet.

Everyone should give it a go.

Next up, To The Moon, which is in the latest Humble Bundle.

I got Black Flag on uplay. Never again. The client itself isn't too bad, so when it's a Steam install with that as an overlay it's fine because you're not downloading anything from Ubi servers. But I won't be buying any games on uplay directly any more if I can help it, because there have been updates that have crawled down. I'd rather pay more for the steam version.

I find pirate copies work well if you don't want to download your purchases from them. I yarred a few games and patches recently, didn't install the cracks and Uplay was happy to load them up.

Anyone ever ordered from dlgamer.co.uk? They have the cheapest price for an EU MGR Revengeance key, but the site is shoddy as hell, with broken english everywhere and the account sign up, including asking your full name, address and a password, is entirely unencrypted. Fuck this region locking malarkey, I'm almost tempted to get a key from nuuvem and just unlock it with a VPN.

Worked fine for me - key came through in about 5 mins. I was put off by the shoddiness of the site as well but I did a search before hand and they seem legit.

I have keys for To the Moon and Surgeon Simulator if anyone's interested.

Directly to the phone. You simply input the IP address of your computer and Nvidia Shield pops up saying a device wants to pair.

I'm using a wireless 360 pad that's still synced to the computer.

The picture quality is pretty good, but I'm getting a lot of lag at times. I'm not sure how much of that is down to my network though.

C0C9nnO.jpg

Here's a link to the app if you fancy messing around: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2505510

Fucking buy Nidhogg right now - I went from knowing nothing about it to loving it with all my heart in the space of about half an hour.

The last match I played ended with me on a fucking tear, unarmed half the time but still killing my opponent repeatedly and getting past him and dodging thrown swords and it was just amazing. I don't know if I'll equal that specific performance but even if I don't the game is still a hell of a lot of fun.

Worked fine for me - key came through in about 5 mins. I was put off by the shoddiness of the site as well but I did a search before hand and they seem legit.

I have keys for To the Moon and Surgeon Simulator if anyone's interested.

To the moon please!!

Anyone know how to fix this? I got a gift of To the Moon from flight, but when I try to register it after logging into steam from the email link, and press the 'allow' button to register the game to my steam account, it just looks like it's loading something and the webpage asks to close. Any ideas?