IGNORED

Die Hard 4.0 - Live Free or Die Hard

Goose

Not at all actually. Strangely enough in the US it was an R which meant it was allowed the various F's you mention (plus it states some nudity on IMDB which is a big no no for US films) but here in the UK it was surprisingly enough allowed a 12A when I would have thought if Die Hard is worthy of a 15 then surely T3 was as well but there you go... TBH considering T3 got away with a 12 I was a bit surprised DH4 got a 15.

I think the 15 was more for Rand getting killed, and not the swearing. I'll be interested to see if they showed that in the US, because I'm assuming they too got the dubbed version of the film. I'm sure if they submitted the original version of the film to the BBFC then that too would have received a 15 rating. Wasn't Crank a 15? That was completely filled with swear words AND a sex scene.

Wasn't Crank a 15? That was completely filled with swear words AND a sex scene.

Crank was an 18.

Really? I picked up Crank in a sale a few months back but have yet to get round to watching it. Perhaps that's my evenings entertainment...

The sex scene is a complete WTF? moment. The whole film is off it's nuts frankly.

Really? I picked up Crank in a sale a few months back but have yet to get round to watching it. Perhaps that's my evenings entertainment...

What the hell are you doing here? Get it in the DVD player and get it watched. Amazing viewing.

I think the 15 was more for Rand getting killed, and not the swearing. I'll be interested to see if they showed that in the US, because I'm assuming they too got the dubbed version of the film. I'm sure if they submitted the original version of the film to the BBFC then that too would have received a 15 rating. Wasn't Crank a 15? That was completely filled with swear words AND a sex scene.

Which one's Rand? I've only seen the US version, so I'll tell you. :(

saw 4.0 over the weekend

I was surprised the geeky kid was'nt that irritating at all

it was good but all I remember was a blur of action, I forgot I saw it until i saw the trailer on TV this morning

if they make a 5th, it needs to go back to the single location (ala 1) as ppl have said

Die Hard 4 seemed to be another films script but changed to die hard 4. Maybe if it wasnt a die hard film i would have enjoyed it more, but Bruce has done so much better stuff.

Interestingly enough, Die Hard 3 WAS another films script (called Simon Says) but the producers got hold of it and asked the writer to stick McClane in it. Full story on the DVD comentary.

Interestingly enough, Die Hard 3 WAS another films script (called Simon Says) but the producers got hold of it and asked the writer to stick McClane in it. Full story on the DVD comentary.

Wasn't is also supposed to be a Lethal Weapon film? Im sure it was originally written as one.

Wasn't is also supposed to be a Lethal Weapon film? Im sure it was originally written as one.

Not sure about that. I remember the writer on the DVD commentary saying he wrote the script as an original thriller called 'Simon Says' but I can't remember if the WB producers tried to turn it into a Lethal Weapon film before they passed on it.

Just got back from seeing this and I loved it. I would echo other people's comments about the location though - I liked the extra tension that the first two had being in a restricted space. Thought some of the one-liners were a little weak and I was the only one in the cinema that laughed at Agent Johnson - maybe I was the only one old enough to remember it.

I couldn't remember what I'd seen Bruce's kinda hot daughter in but just looked it up and it must have been Final Destination 3.

Yeah I saw this the other day, thought it was pretty good.

Typical over the top action, but it was entertaining and fun, although I spoiled it for myself a bit by seeing most of the big stunts before I went to see the film.

Some of the dialogue was very good, and funny, the bit with the computer nerd guy, some was truly shocking...the quote after ripping the girls hair out, was a WTF moment.

The one thing that should have been cut out of the film as it seemed like one of those DVD special edition deleted scenes was the part in the BMW with the call center.

Some of the dialogue was very good, and funny, the bit with the computer nerd guy, some was truly shocking...the quote after ripping the girls hair out, was a WTF moment.

My favourtie bit of the whole film was right after that when:

John calls the bad guy and says "Your girlfriend is stuck at the bottom of an elevator shaft with an SUV up her ass"

It made me laugh.