The Bassist Hall of Fame

SM47

jah-wobble.jpg

Jah Wobble. Looks like a dick, name like a dick, but his vibrations don't half satisfy me. Especially on PiL's Metal Box.

Another vote for Jah Wobble,

personal favourite his bass on The Orb "blue room" - has to be the 40minute mix,

would never have thought I could listen to 40minutes of one track but the bassline is just :)

Just posting pics and expecting everyone else to know who the bassist in them is, purely because you think everyone should know and bum them as much as you do, is quite quite lame.

A bit about their bands and styles would be nice too.

Just posting pics and expecting everyone else to know who the bassist in them is, purely because you think everyone should know and bum them as much as you do, is quite quite lame.

Quoted for truth. We can't all be expected to know who these people are :P

Well, my "Seconded" bassist is Chris Squire of Yes.

Very technically proficient, as you would expect of a member of one of prog's biggest bands. He has quite an aggressive sounding bass tone, achieved through 'bi-amping', yet retains a high degree of melody.

A good demonstration of his talents are shown on any song from the 'Close To The Edge' or 'Relayer' album.