rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Goose

The Dark Knight

Jimmy, no need, we've all (some of us anyway) seen the good stories with Luthor and Wayne in them in the comics. No-one's disputing they go together. It's just that the reason most definitely isn't because they are both very rich.

A good Mr Freeze would be a more than welcome baddie...

An awfully sad origin story, and a fucking emotionless killer...gotta be worth something.

I feel like I'm always bringing this up but his most well known origin story comes from the animated series version, was just another gimmicky bad guy until that came along. I love that show, think it will always be the definative Batman for me.

I feel like I'm always bringing this up but his most well known origin story comes from the animated series version, was just another gimmicky bad guy until that came along. I love that show, think it will always be the definative Batman for me.

Agreesings.

I love that show, think it will always be the definative Batman for me.

Oh Yeah. I can see the meetings for it:

"Yeah the kids will love our dark, slow, nuanced take on the Batman. I mean it's not like we're just making it for ourselves. Ahahahahaha. No, ridiculous, definitely not. The kids. It's all about the kids."

Latino Review is reporting, via their "strongest" sources, that Maggie Gyllenhaal has signed on to replace Katie Holmes in THE DARK KNIGHT. Latino first reported on Gyllenhaal's possible involvement earlier this year along with other possible candidates Emily Blunt and Rachel McAdams.

Gyllenhaal take over the role of Rachel Dawes in the film, a part that Warner Bros. and Christopher Nolan opted to not have Holmes reprise (despite whatever assertions you might hear from Holmes' publicists). Still to be cast is the role of Harvey Dent for which Jamie Foxx and Aaron Eckhart have been attached. Filming on THE DARK KNIGHT, under the fake title "Rory's First Kiss," will begin this summer in Chicago. Stay tuned for more as it develops (including confirmation from WB and the news in the trades).

It's good casting but I don't see why they can't ditch the character as her relationship with Bruce wasn't exactly the most interesting aspect of BB. I'd rather see Maggie as Harley Quinn as she'd be perfect.

Looks like the rumour that Eckhart was on board is about to become true

(This is from the Hollywood Reporte via Comingsoon.net)

----------------------------------------------------------

Aaron Eckhart is in final talks to play Harvey Dent/Two Face in The Dark Knight, Warner Bros. Pictures' sequel to Batman Begins, says The Hollywood Reporter.

In Batman lore, Dent is the district attorney of Gotham City and an ally of Batman. After half his face is disfigured by acid, Dent becomes the insane crime boss known as Two Face. He chooses to do good or evil by flipping a coin. Tommy Lee Jones played the character in 1995's Batman Forever.

"Knight" sees Christopher Nolan back in the director's chair with Christian Bale reprising his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine and Gary Oldman are also returning. Heath Ledger will play The Joker.

The script was written by Nolan's brother, Jonathan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David Goyer. Producing are Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Christopher Nolan.

They need to make sure they portray Dent's psychological problems/double personality prior to the face burning though.

Which I'm sure they will, as Two-Face is not set to appear in this film. Just Dent.

From Joblo.com

Filming has begun for THE DARK KNIGHT in Chicago over the last couple of days. Superherohype have posted a couple of pictures taken of inside the 'Gotham National Bank', where it is rumoured The Joker and his cohorts will crash a school bus into the building and then proceed to rob the place. Click HERE for the pictures.

There are also a couple more pictures HERE of the exterior of the 'Gotham National Bank'. Holy overwhelming anticipation, Batman!

If certain rumours are to be believed we could be seeing Heath Ledger as The Joker sooner rather than later, since Warners want to pre-empt any out of context tabloid images.

Agreed. Did you see his episode in Batman of the Future? Fantastic television. He's a great character about how people become villains and get stuck that way. I have no idea how they'd persuade movie audiences to take him seriously, though.

According to Batman on Film The Joker is going to have grey skin with lots of scarring to match the darker tone Begins started.

If you click on the link below there is a picture of what it could look like (picture taken from an old Batman comic).

http://www.cinematical.com/2007/04/16/the-...okers-new-look/

To be honest I think they need to distance the character as much as possible from the Burton Joker so I'd welcome the change.

If you click on the link below there is a picture of what it could look like (picture taken from an old Batman comic).

http://www.cinematical.com/2007/04/16/the-...okers-new-look/

After seeing that picture in the comic itself (It's actually from quite a recent issue by Grant Morrison) I always think it looks like Stephen King.

I'd be happier if the joker just looked like this:

3442afullkr2.jpg

Yes. Fast-cutting has been around in movies for years - Hitchcock was a master of it, for example. The way you make it good is by contrasting it with lingering shots to emphasise the violence or speed. In BB they just didn't have any shots that lasted more than .5 of a second, and as a result it was absolutely rubbish. There might as well have been no fight scenes in the movie 'cos it near as didn't matter - all it had to do then was stand up on its plot, which was gash.

Just... umm... just completely wrong. Absolutely, irrefutably, wrong.

I've only just seen this topic, and had no knowledge that this was in production. Reading the first post ('Batman Begins' team, Heath Ledger... ;) ) naturally has me fearing the worst. Can anyone sum up the state of play at the moment? Do all signs still point to shit?

Hey there.

I heard that up until am few weeks ago Nolan and the Studio were in a bit of a stale mate about the joker. The most dramatic Joker "looks" the ones that Nolan really loved were rejected by Warner Bros. apparently there'd been a bunch of designs made and Nolan was really quite fucked up (I heard like a cross between Itchi the killer and the Captain in Pan's Labyrinth), but in the end, they told him that Joker is not the Scarecrow, and they really can't fuck around with his look. That the hard core designs were so explicit that they were skirting the R, something that Warner didn't want to do.

So. As of not too long ago Nolan completely abandoned the idea and settled on a look that is basically "real-world Joker."

If it's all true thenb I guess the studio have a point.

Sure, older geeks generally want everything to be "dark and gritty" and aimed directly at them.. So the idea of a fucked up R rated joker can be apealing on some lvel.. But I guess they do have a responsibility to a more general audience. Batman is a pop culture icon. And kids are gonna go and see it.

Who knows. The way I see it The Joker will work or not work in this film based on the screenplay not the make up. And I hear from people who've read the script that The Joker is fuckin EVIL in this movie and does some seriously fucked up shit to people.

There's meant to be one scene where a certain character goes through some kind of fucked up psychological torture that sets something up for later movies.... And it;s supposed to be the best scene in the script.

Despin out.

There's meant to be one scene where a certain character goes through some kind of fucked up psychological torture that sets something up for later movies.... And it;s supposed to be the best scene in the script.

Sounds awesome!/vague.

And really, is a joker with scars on his mouth any more scary than those messed up Scarecrow halucinations in Begins. Saying it's because they want to include a young audience sounds like a cop out because most kids loving being scared. More like they want stick to what's worked in the past, who knows, they might even cast Jack Nicholson just to be on the safe side.

This article has another potential look:

http://www.sequart.com/articles/?article=1149

I recently read Grant Morrison's "Arkham Asylum". I had my issues with it, but there's one comment Morrison makes in the annotated script, which I agree with. His logic is, "The chemical bath would only have turned his skin white - he adds the green hair and red lipstick himself."