rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Goose

The Dark Knight

First, it appears that The Penguin is no longer in the film.

Excellent news as far as I'm concerned, I hate the character.

Also no longer in the film is Katie Holmes. Variety confirms the news today and Latino points out that her character, Rachel Dawes, will return. Her people say she "dropped out" of DARK KNIGHT and if you believe that than I've got a bridge to sell you.

I dislike this character, but maybe the new actress can do something better that Katie Holmes' dreadful acting.

LR also reports that Matt Damon was the first actor approached to star as Harvey Dent but he turned the role down. Now Nolan has narrowed his choices down to three actors - Ed Norton, Jamie Foxx and Josh Lucas.

Matt Damon would have been good but Ed Norton would be perfect. Jamie Foxx is overrated and Josh Lucas... not sure about him. Stealth was shit, but maybe that wasn't his fault.

Josh lucas certainly has the face of a schizofrenic lawyer with a warped sence of justice. But everything he's been in has been shit, so I don't want him to jinx it.

Josh lucas certainly has the face of a schizofrenic lawyer with a warped sence of justice. But everything he's been in has been shit, so I don't want him to jinx it.

He was in American Psycho, and that was good.

Phillippe would make an ok two-face. Also I think having him in the second movie as a build up character could work very well.

*spoiler*

As I re-call, Harvey Dent got scarred in the Jokers trial cuase the Joker threw a vile of acid in his face.

*spoiler*

<cough>Boss Moroni</cough>

ps.

billy-dee-williams-004_s.jpg

What did you find boring about it?

Hard to explain and I have tried in the past.

I just found it quite dull. It dragged for me and it was like there was too much going on. Or maybe the disappointing baddies. I thought Neeson's character was a bit naff.

I'm not sure. Maybe I expected too much, being a big fan of Nolan's films. Plus, I really liked the two Burton films.

Its a shame they couldn't pic a different villain from one already used.

With the exception of the Joker all Batman villains are utter shit (as are most DC villains for theat matter). And the only Batman villains I can think of who haven't been in one of the movies are Clayface and Harley Quinn.

With the exception of the Joker all Batman villains are utter shit (as are most DC villains for theat matter). And the only Batman villains I can think of who haven't been in one of the movies are Clayface and Harley Quinn.

The Mad Hatter, Man-Bat and the Clock King spring to mind...

Would it be cool if Bruce Wayne meet Lex Luther as they both are billionairne.

They don't really have much in common beyond being rich though... could get a bit awkward when they run out of things to talk about.

Wrong. Batman has the best baddies. freaks and weirdos, rather than super duper powered nonsense. Watch Batman The Animated Series - almost every major Batman baddie (and some minor ones) is done, and done well. Everyone of them has some angle that works when you strip them done to their core.

Two Face in particular is brilliant when handled right - "I see... a reflection, Harvey. A reflection."

They don't really have much in common beyond being rich though... could get a bit awkward when they run out of things to talk about.

They're both tactical geniuses, they'd be play acting if they met, trying to find stuff out while hiding everything they know

http://www.cinematical.com/2007/02/02/batm...nhaal-as-dawes/

Rumours are that Aaron Eckhart is the front runner for Dent and Maggie Gyllenhaal has been mentioned as Katie Holmes replacement.

I think Eckhart would be fantastic casting and I'm surprised his name hasn't been mentioned before (although I guess he isn't a name that instantly comes into peoples heads). I also like the idea of Gyllenhaal taking over the role of Rachel.

I'm glad they've gotten rid of Katie Holmes but why not just create a new character? I hate it when they recast, especially if she's only in it briefly.

Really though, this is just an excuse for me to say how much I fucking love lordcookie's avatar. Le Samourai FTW!

http://www.cinematical.com/2007/02/02/batm...nhaal-as-dawes/

Rumours are that Aaron Eckhart is the front runner for Dent and Maggie Gyllenhaal has been mentioned as Katie Holmes replacement.

I think Eckhart would be fantastic casting and I'm surprised his name hasn't been mentioned before (although I guess he isn't a name that instantly comes into peoples heads). I also like the idea of Gyllenhaal taking over the role of Rachel.

If he turned down the role the casting director could shout to him from across a large room and say "Eckhart! Think about the future.", and then shoot him.

Well, yeah. All I was pointing out was that being "both billionaires" isn't really enough to achieve some kind of riveting relationship between them.

I love the concept though. Lex Luthor walking around, kicking the carpet in awkward silence-

Bruce: 'Being a Billionaire is awesome, eh?'

Lex Luthor smiles back awkwardly.

It would make for some compelling television/film, I can tell you.

...I kinda wanna say something about how a Luthor/Wayne conversation and stuff could be but i don't wanna be too geeky... :D

and they definately need a good Mr. Freeze, anything to erase arnie's version from my memory..... :P

...I kinda wanna say something about how a Luthor/Wayne conversation and stuff could be but i don't wanna be too geeky... :D

and they definately need a good Mr. Freeze, anything to erase arnie's version from my memory..... :P

Definitely.

"You're not sending me to the cooler!!"

Laugh? I thought I'd never start.