rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Goose

The Dark Knight

How the hell did Dead Man's chest make that much money?

going to the cinema is REALLY expensive these days...

oh, and people are fucking idiots. Obv.

going to the cinema is REALLY expensive these days...

oh, and people are fucking idiots. Obv.

I just dont get it. I cant see the film making all that money from first time viewings and it certianly wasnt good enough for repeat viewings. People are nuts.

We dont want the early 90's Batman back :unsure:

Unless by early '90s you mean the animated series!

I'm talking Mr Freeze, Robin etc. After Batman Returns it all went pear shaped.

The latest Batman cartoon 'The Brave and the Bold' is pretty campy, but I kind of like it. I don't think anyone could pull off something like BTAS again anyway.

Rewatched this earlier at a friend's, approximately one year on from going to see it at the cinema.

It's still amazing. The pacing is pretty much perfect, from the opening bank robbery to the conversation between Batman and Gordon at the end, I was absolutely glued to the screen.

More like I glued HER to the screen! With my SPUNK! That came out my DICK!

• Upvote 1

I managed to check out the soundtrack for this while in work - very good indeed. It has a nice dischordant vibe about it with some parallels to Mr. Reznor, along with the traditional orchestralness.

This is an attempt to steer the thread away from dick talk.

I watched this again as well this week to get me fired up for the game - it really is incredible - best superhero film by miles. It definitely tried to pack too much into its running time, but this just makes it more rewarding to re-watch, as you get more little plot points and catch some more of the intelligent dialogue.

The extras on the Bluray are very interesting - it's so nice to see some proper in-camera stunts and effects. They make for much more interesting behind-the-scenes features. I love the 1/3 scale Tumbler and dump truck they made for the underpass chase. I also found it interesting that they filmed that scene on IMAX, and used longer cuts and steadier shots than traditional action sequences to really show off the quality of the shots. That whole sequence is awesome.

Megan Fox as catwoman?

fox.jpg

Seems unlikely, but nice shoop.

Oh, for the love of...

Fox as Catwoman sounds about as appealing as a brickbat to the testicles.

I watched this again as well this week to get me fired up for the game - it really is incredible - best superhero film by miles. It definitely tried to pack too much into its running time, but this just makes it more rewarding to re-watch, as you get more little plot points and catch some more of the intelligent dialogue.

The extras on the Bluray are very interesting - it's so nice to see some proper in-camera stunts and effects. They make for much more interesting behind-the-scenes features. I love the 1/3 scale Tumbler and dump truck they made for the underpass chase. I also found it interesting that they filmed that scene on IMAX, and used longer cuts and steadier shots than traditional action sequences to really show off the quality of the shots. That whole sequence is awesome.

I don't know about that, while I agree it is the best Superhero film ever made the Mask of the Phantasm still comes very close to the Dark Knight as the best of superhero movies.

I think it would be perfectly reasonable to get Ms. Fox costumed up and see what she looks like in the full costume, maybe even a few versions of the costumes, even if she doesn't make it into the flick in the end.

Yes.

I might re-watch this tonight after the Arsenal match, been long enough now I think.

An All-IMAX filmed final part of the trilogy would be super epic, I'll wait as long as it takes.

I hope they go with the more recent Catwoman costume where she wears the goggles.

Something like this

catwoman_46.jpg

Assuming Catwoman is in the film obviously.

I might re-watch this tonight after the Arsenal match, been long enough now I think.

An All-IMAX filmed final part of the trilogy would be super epic, I'll wait as long as it takes.

they'll need to make an IMAX camera that's quiet then because it's mainly the noise that's the problem. Like in close ups and so forth.

Bit of a pointless bump, but I saw the Steve McQueen version of The Thomas Crown Affair and it seemed clear that Nolan had been watching it carefully, for Bruce Wayne and the bank heist. It also occurred to me how much the main plot of TDK owes to The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.